We are driving around the world. Right now.

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Wait until you see the beautiful Mindo Valley of Ecuador!

We had a great time overlanding here and definitely recommend it for anyone considering traveling to Ecuador!

Also, for the first time ever, Caspian narrates a hike that he takes you on in this video!

#hourlesslife #overlanding #ecuador #southamerica

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We’re overlanding in Ecuador and couldn’t pass up the Otavalo Market! It is massive! It basically takes over the whole city!

In this week's video we take you with us to the Otavalo Market, and to the most luxurious overlanding camping spot we've ever stayed at.

Here for any questions about the market, the journey, or international overlanding. Hit me up if you have questions.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #ecuador #southamerica #otavalomarket

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We drove to EQUATOR! And guess what? The equator isn't where you think it is...

We have a lot of fun in this video as we give you a first person point of view as we continue our global overlanding journey in our Jeep Gladiator.

Here for the questions!

#hourlesslife #overlanding #ecuador #southamerica #equator

Contributor III

First Name
Vickycc
Last Name
Chen
Sometimes you have to take a leap. It is just the way it is if you are going to actually put your dreams into motion. We've had to do this several times in our journey thus far and today is another one of those days.

This may seem nominal to some, but the reality is that this is a huge move for us in the direction of our dreams.

In the interest of full transparency, and so that we have a record of what we've done to make this dream a reality... today we finished preparing our Winnebago View 24J for sale. We really don't want to sell it as we love the unit. But we bought it 2 years ago knowing full well that we'd be selling it around this time.

Making decisions like this are the ones that really propel you forward along your journey. Effectively as of today we are "homeless" we don't have an RV to retreat to. We only have our Jeep Guardian.

Currently we are staying at Brittany's parents place in Corpus Christi, Texas because they want time with their grandson before we whisk him away on this journey and we want to spend time with them as well. But we are only here until the end of February. At that point we move into our Jeep fulltime and head toward Denver, CO where our global overland vehicle will be built.

Just this short update today, but hopefully an encouragement to others to not only make decisions, but take actions that force you towards your dreams. ~ Eric
Looking forward to what my friend has to share! Dreams to brighten your life! Go for it!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Looking forward to what my friend has to share! Dreams to brighten your life! Go for it!
Thanks for quoting that! It is so fun to look back on the decisions that we've made which have brought us all the way down here to Peru where we are currently at on this journey.

Things are well here. We are going to be flying back to the States soon for a 3 month loop around the USA and then flying back to Peru to continue the journey. It has been incredible so far. ~ Eric

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks for quoting that! It is so fun to look back on the decisions that we've made which have brought us all the way down here to Peru where we are currently at on this journey.

Things are well here. We are going to be flying back to the States soon for a 3 month loop around the USA and then flying back to Peru to continue the journey. It has been incredible so far. ~ Eric
Thank you for sharing your adventures!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Thank you Michael for providing such a great platform for likeminded adventurers to share their experiences, thoughts, and journeys with one another. Appreciate you taking the time to comment personally. It has been an amazing journey so far. So much more world to see. ~ Eric

Contributor III

First Name
Vickycc
Last Name
Chen

It's all about friends sharing with each other

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

So we're over here driving around the world and we make it to Ecuador. So we decided to go to the Galapagos Islands, because, well, the Galapagos!
And of course my wife gets jumped by a sea lion! I seriously can't make this stuff up.

This place was incredible. Arguably my favorite place we've been so far on our global overlanding journey. Hope you enjoy, let me know if you have any questions. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We overland camped at the base of one of the highest active volcanoes in the entire world. Cotopaxi in Ecuador. In this video we take you with us to our base camp. Hope you enjoy this and if you have any questions, hit me up and let me know.

Reactions: Isaac_7e7dbf

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We drove to see the highest point on the entire planet. Spoiler alert…it isn’t Mount Everest.

We also take you to the charming town of Baños for the world famous thermal pools that are there.

And our electrical system on our Jeep Gladiator has a major failure. All part of the journey as we continue our overlanding drive around the world.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #ecuador

Reactions: Big Dub

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

People often tell us, "You are living my dream! I can't believe you get to overland around the world full-time!" I think people often think that we are on some sort of permanent vacation, and this couldn't be further from the truth. This is just life lived a different way than most. And overall it is an incredible journey.

But this type of journey is not without its challenges. Sometimes the challenges presented are compounded greatly by the distance from "home."

This video is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. This BY FAR is the hardest video I've ever had to edit or publish. The emotions are real and raw in this one. I hope you get a chance to watch this one and reflect on what it means to deal with this kind of stuff from a continent away.

I'm here for the questions. ~ Eric

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you Eric for sharing and keeping it real, and as Ethan said it was a hard one to watch.
I dont watch much YouTube but I never miss one of your updates, you guys are awesome adventurers.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Never an easy thing for anyone to go through. I am sure the whole community is thinking about you guys and wishing the best for you and the family.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Thank you Eric for sharing and keeping it real, and as Ethan said it was a hard one to watch.
I dont watch much YouTube but I never miss one of your updates, you guys are awesome adventurers.
I really appreciate that Kent. It was an incredibly difficult time. Today we are publishing part 2 of that time in our lives. Hope you get a chance to watch it. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Never an easy thing for anyone to go through. I am sure the whole community is thinking about you guys and wishing the best for you and the family.
Kind words Richard. Thank you. It was a very difficult time. Part 2 is publishing today which is really told from Brittany's perspective. ~ Eric