We are driving around the world. Right now.

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

People always ask us about the gear we are using on this global overlanding journey. This is a quick little video about something simple that I use every single day. This is the RedOxx Tri-Fold Shave Kit. Highly recommended. Virtually indestructible.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #overlandgear #redoxx

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

A FULL YEAR of international overlanding in our Jeep Gladiator is captured in this video. We take you from Mexico, through every country in Central America, and all the way to Colombia in South America.

This has been quite a journey so far and we are open to any questions from members of the community. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Medellin, Colombia! The city has come a long way since its sordid past and we take you with us for the day into Medellin as we continue our overland journey around the world.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #fulltimetravel #overlandingfamily

Reactions: Kent R

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Take a tour through what has historically been one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the world as we continue our drive around the world in our Jeep Gladiator.

#hourlesslife #comuna13 #overlanding #colombia #southamerica #medellin

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Our Jeep Gladiator was nearly stolen in Colombia. On the same day, we had this crazy detour. This is the reality of overlanding around the world.

To be clear, this is no reflection on the Colombian people. There are bad actors in every country. As a general rule the Colombian people have been among the kindest and most hospitable we've met on our journey.

Hope you enjoy this video and that it brings awareness to a common scam if you are ever overlanding in South America.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #colombia #medellin #southamerica

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Hourless Life Didn't watch, but trust me, there are thieves and opportunists all around the world. All it takes is forgetting to lock the door, or turning around for a minute (people can get into your vehicle at fuel stations while you fill the tank, or at stores while you load your groceries). You're only as safe as God keeps ya!

Stay vigilant!

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
@Hourless Life Didn't watch, but trust me, there are thieves and opportunists all around the world. All it takes is forgetting to lock the door, or turning around for a minute (people can get into your vehicle at fuel stations while you fill the tank, or at stores while you load your groceries). You're only as safe as God keeps ya!

Stay vigilant!
Didn't watch the video either...only because most video platforms will not load where I am. But I can imagine what a harrowing experience it must've been. Have no idea how you escaped the situation but greatful you did.

Adventuring will always have risk and can come to a full stop when you least expect and no doubt faith can play a role. Lost a kayak due to a high tide during a trip up the Canadian coast on my way up to Alaska. Thought I was done and dusted but fate brought it back a full day later in tow by a fisherman.

Eric, post photos whenever possible. Following with great interest.

S.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Our overlandng drive around the world in our Jeep Gladiator continues. This time we take you to Jardin, Colombia and on a pretty freaky cable car.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #southamerica #colombia #jardin

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Didn't watch the video either...only because most video platforms will not load where I am. But I can imagine what a harrowing experience it must've been. Have no idea how you escaped the situation but greatful you did.

Adventuring will always have risk and can come to a full stop when you least expect and no doubt faith can play a role. Lost a kayak due to a high tide during a trip up the Canadian coast on my way up to Alaska. Thought I was done and dusted but fate brought it back a full day later in tow by a fisherman.

Eric, post photos whenever possible. Following with great interest.

S.
Thanks for following Sea. It is quite an adventure. We have very limited internet and even less time when we do have it. So we've decided to prioritize video, mostly for Caspian when he grows up to see and remember the crazy adventure his parents took him on haha! But if I get to a place of good internet, I'll try and upload some photos too. We've been invited to fly back and speak at Overland Expo West 2023 on the off chance you'll be there this year, so will we. ~ E

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Thanks for following Sea. It is quite an adventure. We have very limited internet and even less time when we do have it. So we've decided to prioritize video, mostly for Caspian when he grows up to see and remember the crazy adventure his parents took him on haha! But if I get to a place of good internet, I'll try and upload some photos too. We've been invited to fly back and speak at Overland Expo West 2023 on the off chance you'll be there this year, so will we. ~ E
What a great opportunity for yourselves and Overland Expo...no doubt a great weekend of story telling and inspiration! At that point our bumper will be pointed towards the Tibetan Plateau, but one year if stars align ;-)

Caspian is a very lucky boy and most certainly will have a completely different perspective of this world than many. Especially with a video library such as you guys are making...could you imagine if we had that.

Anyways...be safe and enjoy all around you.

Sea

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

IMG_9433.jpg

UPDATE FROM HOURLESS LIFE:

It has been awhile since we uploaded a video, but it has been with good reason.

On April 6th, we flew back to the United States for the first time since we started our global journey, It had been 554 days since we had been "home". While there we landed in Denver, drove to Seattle, then down to California, across to Flagstaff Arizona for Overland Expo West where we presented 13 times!, then back to Denver to fly out.

It was a whirlwind to say the least, but the focus was entirely on spending time with family and friends. On May 31st we flew back to Ecuador and picked up DAUNTLESS and headed to the Mindo Valley of Ecuador (which is pretty incredible btw) but I digress. In our video series we are still in Colombia....

This Sunday, June 11th we'll be releasing our next YouTube video publicly. (It is available RIGHT NOW as early access on our Patreon here: Hourless Life | creating a story worth telling as we overland around the world | Patreon ) If you are reading this and would be willing to buy us a cup of coffee in person and swap stories with us. Please consider joining our Patreon instead? We interact with our Patrons all the time, answer questions, tell stories, and have a lot of fun there. And we'd really appreciate the love.

Our upcoming video is about Salento and Valle de Cocora Colombia which is one of the most stunning places we've been in all of our travels.

I'm really happy with the way this video turned out. I've been stretching my editing skills with each video and this one incorporates some elements that although you may not notice too much of a difference, it took some effort and time on my end to figure out.

I'd like to say that our videos are getting tighter, more fluid, and easier to watch in full. The analytics behind the scenes on YouTube bear that out to be truth. It seems that a high percentage of people who start watching one of our videos, watch all the way through to the end. This is definitely encouraging to me.

Anyway, wanted to give you a quick update. You can expect to see a video from us every 1-2 weeks now that we are back on the journey. ~ Eric

Hourless Life
Love. Explore. Study. Share.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

This video is so much fun! This may be one of the most stunning places we've been on our entire overlanding journey so far. Come join us and see what life is really like driving around the world.

Happy to answer questions about this area or any other we've been to so far on our global journey. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #colombia #southamerica

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Whoa! This was some sketchy but amazing overlanding in Colombia. We went off road through tunnels, across super high bridges, lost control of the rig in the mud, and crossed a washed out bridge too. I'm getting a little better at this editing thing and I hope you enjoy this journey with us through the Tatacoa Desert of Colombia.

As always I'm open to any questions. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #colombia #tatacoadesert #southamerica

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

They didn't separate life and death. The village was built in and amongst the tombs!

This is an amazing place to explore in southern Colombia as we continue our drive around the world.

As always, available for any questions about the journey. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #colombia #sanagustin #ancientruins

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

One of our hardest days on this overlanding journey so far.

Crossing into Ecuador really stretched me as a person and I talk about it in this video. This is what it is really like.

#hourlesslife #ecuador #overlanding

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We almost slid off a cliff in Moab...
Our first overlanding trip back to the USA since we started our global overlanding journey and we captured it all on video.

In this video we take you with us on a massive loop of the western USA. You get to know us and our family a little better and get to see how we got out of that mess in Moab. Hit me with any questions. ~ Eric

Reactions: Arailt