Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I think we shared a camp at OTG West 2017. I really missed not being able to get a tour of your trailer. I love your build.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
WOW... your trailer and H3T give me a super warm feeling way down deep. It makes me want to rethink my approach to an offroad trailer (was just thinking of starting with an s-10 bed trailer).

Reactions: mitchandbuck

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Well you went and made it all pretty. It had a MadMax feel to it on your first run photo. Great job on the trailer. I hope I can do the same some day.

Reactions: mitchandbuck

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Been awhile since I’ve been on Tapatalk. Thanks for the compliments. Trailer did well last year with 9 days in Oregon and then 12 days in Colorado. It’s been sitting since. Got a new job and has taking all my wheeling away for the year. Hoping to get back into it. Short trip planned in late August and that is the only camping I can get in this year.
This adulting thing sucks.

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

So finally getting a chance to work on trailer build. Interesting point I wanted to share. I plumbed the propane from tank/ regulator to a couple quick disconnects and then up front to water heater. When I altered my Coleman stove to plug into quick disconnects, it didn’t work. Turns out that the stove is a higher pressure usage than everything else. So found an adjustable regulator that I will put at tank and run trailer “system” at stove pressure, then have other items ( water heater, camp fire, BBQ), on their own regulator as well.

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Red Bluff Ca.
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Shackelford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6EFA
Finally got my "made from scratch" trailer out on its maiden voyage last weekend. Very happy with it

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!
That appears to me to be 2"X2"X3/16" tubing?

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

That appears to me to be 2"X2"X3/16" tubing?
Yes, 3/16” wall for structure and 16 gauge incorporated were I could save weight and not affect strength.
Then there is the monster “spine” at 2-1/2” 1/4” wall for hitch

JPaul

Rank V

Pioneer I

Mendon, UT, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1JPA
Very nice trailer. Gives me some good ideas to use when I will be going to build my trailer up. I found the M101Ax trailers have pretty much the exact same track width as the H3's. Speaking of it is good to see another H3 on here.