The Autism Family Travels updated vehicle build. Take two! 2015 Jeep Patriot altitude.

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
After getting rear arms installed. the rear tires are still tipped in at the top, and the front ones are not installed as the bolt holding the ball joint in is seized solid. I don't have the heat required to losen it. Off to the garage on monday to get them installed and a full wheel alignment/overhaul done. I am not happy.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
All I have to say is WOW. Our jeep drives like a brand new rig. it has 130k on the clock right now. Pics to come. The back wheels are now sitting properly to not wear the tires on the insides. AND, another bonus, the rear sits higher now because all the suspension is at the correct settings. The Pat drives smoothly and rolling resistance has been reduces since there is way less friction on the rear tires too. Just a MASSIVE transformation. Pics to come tomorrow.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
A little update on parts for the rig. We are cancelling the order for the Rough Country lift. It seems as if they like to fudge their claims of stuff being "in stock". I ordered the lift on April 13th. My dealer called them and they claimed it was in stock. Now when they look it's backordered. Since April 13. I am going to go with Moog springs, KYB shocks and get the daystar 1.5 inch lift instead and order the rear control arms as well. I am not happy with their or action truck caps customer service since I have asked my local dealer (action) for updates 3 times in the past week and a bit and they have not returned my calls etc. So, another order from R/A will be coming with springs, arms and shocks with new mounts ASAP!

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
In a strange turn of events, Action called me today and the lift kit is in. This is going to be cool on the patriot. I have read the springs and shocks are a little stiff, but I think it's because they are new and need some time to settle in. We will update with pictures and a report on the suspension. Can't wait to install it now! Stay tuned!

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
New parts day! Just finished installing our SportRack Roof rack bars. They were listed as Universal, and not able to fit the Pat, but I took a chance and they work great. I love the look of them. I have to modify our kayak racks to fit the bars as they are too big on the clamp to secure tightly. Here are a few pics. We are ordering the platform very soon as well.

20220627_130012234_iOS.jpg20220627_130020366_iOS.jpg20220627_130029032_iOS.jpg

Reactions: OTH Overland

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am not sure if anyone out there has any insight on this, but I am trying to isntall LED headlights into our pat. It keeps intermittent flashing the head lights one at a time. I have the appcar DiagFCA program that can set the headlights for LED/HID or Halogen, but neither seems to work for my rig. Meanwhile there are other patriots driving around with them on with no issue. I have tried the canceller boxes etc as well.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Update time. Been a few weeks since we have been on here. The lift is in, I am picking it up this week (hopefully) and getting it installed with wheel alignment sometime in the following week. The underpinnings of the little pat will be complete then. On to other accessories we need. I am also running a 4ga power wire to the rear of the rig to power various items. Our 12v fridge, charging our jackery while driving, and also powering the trailer harness controller among some rear mounted lighting for camper setup.

More pics ASAP!

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Today is the day!!!!!! I finally take possession of the 2" rough country full spring / strut lift kit! I am jonesin' to finish work today. Update and pictures this evening. I am going to make the appointment to get it all installed and aligned as well.

Reactions: Flamewave

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Been doing some reading here and noticed that a guy on another site added JKS quick disco swaybar links on his patriot. Link below.....

JKS Quicker Disconnects - Installed | Jeep Patriot Forums

This got me thinking...Why not use the flex connect swaybar links on the patriot instead. So, that will be the next suspension upgrade to the patriot. Add 2 flex connect swaybar links to the front. Benefits will include more flex off road, and smoother on road ride. Gonna be an interesting project. I have to make a few modifications but nothing that can't be reversed somehow. Stay tuned for that one.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I went and found the write up Sandstone did and looked at his clearances. I think the flex connects will fit in no problem. I can't ask him about it because I am banned from that site because I called out Rossoracer for his BS. But from looking at the pictures, I cannot see any clearance problems. I am going to run the lightest spring up there because the forces and weight of the Pat are no where near those of what my wrangler was.

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

It'll be interesting to see if you can get them to work, and how you like them on and off road. I've also got the JKS disconnects but I've never actually disconnected them.
On another note as well, have you had any issue with the lift? Any issues with the flex joint in the LCA?
The joints that came with the LCAs seem fine, every other bushing I have is about shot though, including the lower shock bushings. Waiting on Bilstein rear shocks to restock (backordered nationally), planning to replace everything in one go.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The joints that came with the LCAs seem fine, every other bushing I have is about shot though, including the lower shock bushings. Waiting on Bilstein rear shocks to restock (backordered nationally), planning to replace everything in one go.
I got sick of waiting for the bilstiens and ordered the full Rough country lift. I contacted them almost a year ago and they had no clue on supply for them. Good to hear about the joints on the arms. they look awesome. I have to say!