Texas Big Bend National Park Event in Future?!?!

• HTML tutorial

Who Is Down To go?!?!

• Total voters

armourbl

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

Just a suggestion, but if you have the time I'd highly suggest taking a canoe up river (current is easy to paddle against) and visit Fern Canyon. Very beautiful place. When I did it, we camped a few hundred yards up river from the Fern Canyon entrance and made it an over night trip.

ben

Reactions: Levidale

Renegade

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Texas
Is extra fuel mandatory?
No it is not mandatory. There are two fuel stations in the park, (Panther Junction & Rio Grande Village), and there will always be someone who will bail you out. But it is certainly a good idea, since if you are going all over the park, you will burn a lot of fuel. I went the same date last year, park was not crowded and both fuel stations in the park had plenty, even if it was about 50 cents/gallon more than outside the park.

Reactions: BubbasGarageTV
Agreed, sometimes you just never know where you might end up we generally carry 3 to 6 gallons just in case we decide to continue the venture.
No it is not mandatory. There are two fuel stations in the park, (Panther Junction & Rio Grande Village), and there will always be someone who will bail you out. But it is certainly a good idea, since if you are going all over the park, you will burn a lot of fuel. I went the same date last year, park was not crowded and both fuel stations in the park had plenty, even if it was about 50 cents/gallon more than outside the park.

DotheDrew

Rank 0

Traveler I

DFW
Member #

Howdy! First post, long time overland bound member. I’m thinking about going to BBNP or BBRSP for the terlingua chili cook off, oct 31-Nov 4. Camping off in the back county. Anyone is welcome to join.

Reactions: Kent R

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

Howdy! First post, long time overland bound member. I’m thinking about going to BBNP or BBRSP for the terlingua chili cook off, oct 31-Nov 4. Camping off in the back county. Anyone is welcome to join.
Not exactly sure what’s on the calendar home wise but I’m interested.

DotheDrew

Rank 0

Traveler I

DFW
Member #

I plan to leave Tuesday, camp along the way in the monahans sand dunes park or outside ft Stockton then drive in to panther junction early Wednesday morning to get backcountry sites.

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

I avoid BB whenever there are going to be a lot of people in the area.
I’ve done that too. Years ago. Like in June when it’s 96 in basin at 8pm. Terlingua and Lajitas were like ghost towns. Actually kinda spooky. My kids were little then. Totally freaked them out:tonguewink:

Reactions: Edgrrr

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

Especially Disney World during spring break. Ask me how I know that.

Reactions: Edgrrr