Texas Big Bend National Park Event in Future?!?!

• HTML tutorial

Who Is Down To go?!?!

• Total voters

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

IMG_0734.JPG
We made it to BBNP for Thanksgiving. It was more crowded than I think I have ever seen it. Way more people in the back country.
We saw two bears while hiking. They where no more than 20 yards from us.

Reactions: Levidale

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

I did. We took a lifted Ram 2500, a new unmodified Jeep Cherokee trail hawk, and my F150 down Glenn Springs Rd and across Black Gap. Then we turned around and went back the same way. We had our first ever trail side tire repair in the 20+ years we have been doing this. Tire repair was on the Jeep, not the trucks. IMG_0795.JPG

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

Yeah the National Park was a mad house! I’ve never seen the primitive camping spots get full! I drove over to the state park and they had plenty of spots available. I think from now on I’m going there. Just a lot more trails to explore. I’ve done all the ones at the National Park.

KINGHAWV

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

How long did it take to do Glenn Springs, Black gap and double back?
I did. We took a lifted Ram 2500, a new unmodified Jeep Cherokee trail hawk, and my F150 down Glenn Springs Rd and across Black Gap. Then we turned around and went back the same way. We had our first ever trail side tire repair in the 20+ years we have been doing this. Tire repair was on the Jeep, not the trucks. View attachment 77550[/QUOTE

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
When I was there last March the guy at the grocery store said every Thanksgiving is gets crazy down there. The line to get in the park was backed up to Study Butte supposedly.

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

Which is the most scenic primitive campsite in BBNP you’ve encountered?
There all pretty nice scenery. Twisted shoe is a good one, robbers roost is good. Marsical mine campsite has a good view of the mine. Like I said there all pretty scenic I still haven’t done them all.

Cody Stewart

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Braunfels, TX
First Name
Cody
Last Name
S
Member #

Myself and a buddy or two are looking at BB in late Feb or March. I am open to doing/seeing whatever. My only requirement is Black Gap Road. Any thoughts from those who have been to the park at that time?

Reactions: KINGHAWV

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Feb/March are comfortable temps. Check the rules and regs via NP web site of vehicle limits per site if camping interior.
Not a place for groups.
All the roads in the NP are worth driving.
Enjoy!

Reactions: KINGHAWV