Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sur
Member #

Have you considered a hitch basket? Something like : https://m.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-deluxe-cargo-carrier-66983.html could help.
I borrowed a buddies for a recent trip. It came in quite handy. Packed a full cooler and a Plano case full of food. There was still room for more, but the problem I ran into was the total packed weight drooping out my suspension. It also killed the departure angle. In my case a suspension upgrade will solve the problem of the saggy butt for my subi crosstrek.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jackalope Dave

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I borrowed a buddies for a recent trip. It came in quite handy. Packed a full cooler and a Plano case full of food. There was still room for more, but the problem I ran into was the total packed weight drooping out my suspension. It also killed the departure angle. In my case a suspension upgrade will solve the problem of the saggy butt for my subi crosstrek.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
A quick way to turn a Crosstrek into an Impreza!

Rangervinny

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Thomaston, GA, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

As the topic has popped up in different threads, I didn't know where to post this....:)
For me, my everyday drive had to be economical ,as my kids live 90 kms (one way),around (60 miles)...and that's a trip I make every second weekend and half of all school holidays, along with getting to work and back and general running around.
Small vehicle touring has it's drawbacks....low ground clearance, bad approach and departure angles, lower power / torque and storage / carrying capacity....but...challenge accepted....lol

I hope to find other like minded folk here, i think there are a few and the community as a whole has been awesome !...so many people have reached out to welcome me and am enjoying watching your posts, amazing photos of landscapes and vehicles we just don't get here !

Cheers for now ......Luis

View attachment 3850
2005 Toyota rav4

#TRD #Rav4

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

After having given it alot of serious thought, I have concluded that I'm keeping my little suv, it's been super reliable (only needing right around $600 US/$800 AUD in maintenance since I got it in febuary this year).

I do have a few upgrades/improvements planned for it, but the main plan is to keep it as long as I can afford to own it, I do have a few roadtrips planned with it already.

SVO for the win!