Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

First generation Hyundai Tucson CRDI ;) 5 seats (4 useable ones), fold down the rear seats and you can sleep in it, it's quiet, economical, comfy, although certain parts do seem abit expensive, it will go where you want it, it has a good amount of useable storage and 7 cupholders from the factory, it has 4wd with a locking center diff and 7.08" ground clearence from the factory

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Agreed with the others. AWD. Sounds like you don't have too much real need for ground clearance but on a wet, muddy day your going to want that AWD.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

I would agree with AWD such a Subaru, 4WD is great, but your choices are limited and ride, fuel economy suffer as a daily driver. I have 2WD and do fine, but know my limits and types of roads. I do get great gas milage and that's 95 percent of driving.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

So I just got one of these, will arrive tomorrow. I wanted something small and I think this will work for my needs and future solar. Single package unit with all the plub in's. Limited inverter plug use is a downside. It was on sale yesterday for less then $100.00 US.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Crunching the numbers on a secondary battery solar set-up....keep you posted !

View attachment 38193
You ought to consider LiFePO4 instead of AGM, initial cost will be a little higher, but total cost of ownership will be lower, especially when you factor in usable cycles ~4x or more, depth of discharge, etc.

I’d also add Anderson plugs, to make it easy to gang the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

A fullsize spare is something I'd like in my little SUV, currently have a 155/90R16 spacesaver which I don't trust with 60 psi airpressure.