Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
What about the coast, is there any relief along the coast of Texas, I have family in Central Texas and they say the summers are awful...
It's still almost 6 hours to get to something like Bolivar Peninsula from where I'm at, and I won't willingly go anywhere around there. Beaches/waterfront are my least favorite type of terrain to be on, with a few exceptions on the West Coast where the mountains run right up to the water. I just find beaches boring to be at.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I guess it depends where you are at. Out here in the PNW we camp all year round… head to the high elevations during the heat of the summer where daytime temps run in the 90’s and lows run in the 40-40’s. Then head to low elevation when daytime temperatures start to hover in the 60’s and lower.

Reactions: Viking1204

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

What about the coast, is there any relief along the coast of Texas, I have family in Central Texas and they say the summers are awful...
If you get someone to tell you that relief comes by getting nearer the equator in Texas, in summer, then discount anything else they may tell you as a lie.

Your family is not lying to you (in this instance) , LOL.

I have become increasingly more heat intolerant with age. My body rejects it as unnecessary abuse and my brain rejects it for similar cause.

TalkingJeep

Rank I

Contributor III

Central Virginia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
CJ8
Service Branch
Army
Virginia heat/humidity aren't that fun. This year I'm testing out a box fan setup > inverter > battery > solar. We'll see how that goes. I'm shopping for the right offroad micro trailer or custom rtt mounted to rollcage or both tune in =) #talkingjeep

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
I camp in the summer in the Southeast fairly regularly. That's when we drag out the EndOver instead of a tent and camp somewhere with hookups. The H3T is rigged to be flat towed so we use the motorhome as a base camp and explore from there. It may not be overlanding but it's close enough and more comfortable than sweltering in a tent at 90 degrees and 98% humidity. This was shot last August. No way I'd tent camp in those temps but with a little AC at night it's better than staying home.

1713890894345.png