Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Congrats on the new toy! Have fun with it and keep the pictures coming!

Reactions: Steve

infantry237

Rank 0

Traveler I

Kansas
I love that trailer I think I will be ordering one very soon. When you ordered did they have it how were they on the build time vs estimate?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Wes in Indiana was great to work with, I never really had a lead time, but other folks were waiting 6 months, so that was my expectation. Then they moved into a bigger building and could do more at once, so it ended up about 4 months.
When you ordered did they have it how were they on the build time vs estimate?

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I love that trailer I think I will be ordering one very soon. When you ordered did they have it how were they on the build time vs estimate?
I've been in contact with them about getting one built, and they told me late spring/early summer.

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Digging out some of my old gear. I bought this Coleman 425 stove (425F499) 37 years ago, and it still works perfectly. It stores in its original box (which is a little worse for wear) so it still looks nearly new.

Wish I still had mine, great stove.

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

We came across a used Hiker in August. It has been a great trailer. Just took it on a 1000 mile round trip to Overland Expo East. Had a chance to meet up with Wes and the crew a week before the trip and look forward to working with them in the future.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Looking Awesome Steve, congratulations.
Wished we could go out for a weekend of overlanding or more with our trailers.

Greetz from Robert

Stegall

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Rock Hill. SC 29732
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Stegall
Member #

We came across a used Hiker in August. It has been a great trailer. Just took it on a 1000 mile round trip to Overland Expo East. Had a chance to meet up with Wes and the crew a week before the trip and look forward to working with them in the future.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Met you at the Overland Expo East. We were in the white Hiker a few spaces ahead of you. I see your new free chair in the photo....Glad you made it back home safe and hope you had a great trip. Did you stay at WalMart on the way home? lol

Reactions: Beee

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Met you at the Overland Expo East. We were in the white Hiker a few spaces ahead of you. I see your new free chair in the photo....Glad you made it back home safe and hope you had a great trip. Did you stay at WalMart on the way home? lol
I skipped on the Walmart boondocking on the way back just a relaxing 9 hour cruz to Indiana . The new chair is working out real nice too.

OB Member #7121
2003 4Runner
5X8 Hiker Trailer

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I took advantage of some Amazon credits and some Christmas gift cards, and got a little bit of a start on the trailer's electrical. I ordered a NOCO Genius GEN1 charger, an AllPowers 100W flexible solar panel, a remote to control the AC/heater from inside the trailer, and some 8ga wire. Lots more to get, but I wanted to spread it out a little bit.

The trailer is still in my brother's barn, so I won't be installing anything for a few months. Plenty of time to plan things out.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

It is already, but it will be even more an awesome trailer. Good luck.

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Some more pieces for the electrical system. The Goal Zero Yeti 150 battery died over the winter. Goal Zero's custom service was kind enough to replace it free of charge, even though the battery was out of warranty.

And, an Odyssey 31M-800 battery for the permanent electrical system in the Hiker.

i-TJgXsXX-XL.jpg

I also have curtains, curtain rods, propane tank, pots, glasses, plates, etc. piled up waiting for it to warm up. We had more snow yesterday!

At least the trailer is now here in my driveway instead of my brother's barn.

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Some more pieces for the electrical system. The Goal Zero Yeti 150 battery died over the winter. Goal Zero's custom service was kind enough to replace it free of charge, even though the battery was out of warranty.

And, an Odyssey 31M-800 battery for the permanent electrical system in the Hiker.

View attachment 54229

I also have curtains, curtain rods, propane tank, pots, glasses, plates, etc. piled up waiting for it to warm up. We had more snow yesterday!

At least the trailer is now here in my driveway instead of my brother's barn.
That's their 100aH battery? I have two 50aH batts in the trailer and am thinking about what I want for house batts in the van. Higher amp hour total, I think, so may leave the two in the trailer to run the pump, camp lights, charge small batteries, handheld devices, flashlights and bike when I'm in camp, and get one much bigger one or two 100aH like yours for the van, which will get more regular use whether I have the trailer or not.

More snow; we had a dusting Sunday and some freezing temps since, and it's kind of holding me up from working on the yard and van and trailer! Fun to be making plans and getting things ready for the road, isn't it?