Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Red Cloud Campground

Small (5 sites) quiet and primitive camp in a Ponderosa forest at 7600´elevation. Located near an old mining district, the campground gets heavy use in fall hunting seasons, less at other times.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Red Cloud Campground

Small (5 sites) quiet and primitive camp in a Ponderosa forest at 7600´elevation. Located near an old mining district, the campground gets heavy use in fall hunting seasons, less at other times.
I won't be able to make it. I have to much needing to be done to my rig and having problems getting help to do it. Right now I'm not even sure I can make it to PNW Rally in June. Sucks to be old and have to depend on others for help.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Red Cloud Campground

I won\'t be able to make it. I have to much needing to be done to my rig and having problems getting help to do it. Right now I\'m not even sure I can make it to PNW Rally in June. Sucks to be old and have to depend on others for help.
Sorry to hear. I just have my trailer. I’m not set up for Overlanding yet either. But even if you could come up for the day it would be great to meet everyone.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

I’m still planing on going even with this “virus” thing. Hope you all can still make it. I’m looking fwd to getting out of town. UPDATE: NM state parks are all closed. This is a federal I hope they keep it open.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I’m still planing on going even with this “virus” thing. Hope you all can still make it. I’m looking fwd to getting out of town. UPDATE: NM state parks are all closed. This is a federal I hope they keep it open.
Because it is only 5 spaces they probably will let it fly. We have an ignorant governor that may be violating the constitution on the state park thing. From what I'm told they may only restrict the number of people attending an even, not totally ban them. We shall see.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sorry to hear. I just have my trailer. I’m not set up for Overlanding yet either. But even if you could come up for the day it would be great to meet everyone.
I still have hopes of just sleeping in my rig but it all depends on getting my stop lights fixed. The switch is the problem and I cant get to it under my dash. My helper hurt his back and can't do it until his back heals up. He dosent much like to work either but when he does he does a good job. Getting anyone to work in my area is a chore, everyone is on disability or just to lazy to work even for $20 an hour I cant get yard help. I can't even get a house cleaner at any rate of pay.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yeah our governors response to this virus is total lunacy. I hope we can still pull this off. My wife and I are still planning on going.
I doubt 5 remote sites will cause any excitement and it is a federal park not state. Keep um rolling

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

I still have hopes of just sleeping in my rig but it all depends on getting my stop lights fixed. The switch is the problem and I cant get to it under my dash. My helper hurt his back and can\'t do it until his back heals up. He dosent much like to work either but when he does he does a good job. Getting anyone to work in my area is a chore, everyone is on disability or just to lazy to work even for $20 an hour I cant get yard help. I can\'t even get a house cleaner at any rate of pay.
Darn. That’s a big set back. I Hope that things will work out for you.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Yeah our governors response to this virus is total lunacy. I hope we can still pull this off. My wife and I are still planning on going.
I doubt 5 remote sites will cause any excitement and it is a federal park not state. Keep um rolling
Guess they are tightening things up starting tomorrow. I had tickets for Night Ranger but who knows..... no gatherings over like 50 people. We will have less than 10 so we’re kosher.. I can’t wait to get the heck out of town!!!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Guess they are tightening things up starting tomorrow. I had tickets for Night Ranger but who knows..... no gatherings over like 50 people. We will have less than 10 so we’re kosher.. I can’t wait to get the heck out of town!!!!
I agree. Your not in the bad age group but you could be carrier if your exposed. Just use good judgement with your associates and maintain good health habits. Too late to hoard the TP, it's all gone.

Attachments

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
As of today, I have a trip scheduled to do the AZBDR with a stop at Overland Expo, starting May 9, for about 1 1/2 weeks. Then we have a trip to Oregon and Montana for the BHA Rendezvous beginning on Memorial day, so kinda booked up for May. Don't let that stop your plans, though, because all this might change before then. Have fun and I'll try to make it whenever you decide.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alright I'm succumbing to the times. Do you think a reschedule is in order? Maybe for the next month?
Yes, not even sure if the park service will be open currently. No since in taking chance on carrying virus from place to place. We just don't know enough yet. I haven't left the house for two weeks already. So far the virus is in your part of the state down I-10 to Socorro. Bernalillo county is the worst presently.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

Closed parks is another thing. I have to work, Veterinary. Were going half staff starting very soon. Ill look at the schedule and go from there, the Visitor Center is closed anyway and that was the main objective. Lets put this virus to sleep.... per say. I have to take care of my mom who is no leaving the house over 70. Ill pop this back up when things start to slow down out there. Be Safe and Sane........ But hey we cant get this in the chat. KIT

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Closed parks is another thing. I have to work, Veterinary. Were going half staff starting very soon. Ill look at the schedule and go from there, the Visitor Center is closed anyway and that was the main objective. Lets put this virus to sleep.... per say. I have to take care of my mom who is no leaving the house over 70. Ill pop this back up when things start to slow down out there. Be Safe and Sane........ But hey we cant get this in the chat. KIT
A-OK for future plans. Take care of momma, you only have one. I don't live in town, I'm 25 miles out, so I'm not worried about exposure unless someone brings it to me. Son and g-kids coming in on Friday from Colorado. I tried to stop them but they have their minds made up. I don't want the exposure but they are coming anyway and will stay at the RV park about 1/2 mile away. He's meeting his x from El Paso who is bringing his youngest daughter for a spring break vacation, so he can't change plans. Big mistake but he's a pretty gung ho Marine and born in May (torus the bull). If I survive we will try the meet up again later. You stay safe with mom.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alright I'm succumbing to the times. Do you think a reschedule is in order? Maybe for the next month?
Just checked the forest service and they said the National forest camp sites will stay open until further notice. He also said that a lot of people have called to ask. Disbursed camping is the only way to go IMO. Make your plans to fit your schedule, I'm always open if my rig is ready.