Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Hi you all! I went to see whales agin when Italy fell through and cut the trip short as the fear level begin to kick up. I have mostly been working on my house to stay busy.
I plan to also do the Mojave after this is over, most likely in the fall. I wanted to do it before May. THe spring time is Bajas winter because of the winds. I am thinking at least 3 days. Why go some place and not look at it.
I hope you all are doing well and staying healthy.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Sorry I haven't posted anything about a Mojave run, been busy at home.
I have a thread running on the IE site with a few who want to go.
Here's the link. Thread #1263 is basically the start.
If your interested, chime in over there and we can coordinate.

Reactions: Big Blue

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I would love to, however if I did I would be home for 14 days, My dad was a very rare form of cancer and is 80+. i don't want to be the guy that gives him C-19. I'll do it in the fall. can't wait to see this mob soon.

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

In case anyone missed it, Overland Expo is virtual and free ... today:

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

I'm thinking we'll push back this group meeting one more month. If anyone was up for meeting on Zoom this Thursday evening, we could meet between 7pm and ~8pm – I can host and private message out links and facilitate a conversation of favorite trails, trips, gear, etc, otherwise I suspect we'll have more clarity next month on meeting in public areas and what not. eg. I imagine possibly meeting somewhere, with food, 6 feet apart – although I know we have some either immunocompromised or living with at-risk individuals which may still make this difficult.

If anyone's up for a digital meeting on Zoom let me know. Looking forward to meeting up hopefully as soon as next month!

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Since it seems we have at least 1 or 2 people who are interested in Zoom meeting, here's a link:

Topic: OB Zoom Meeting
Time: May 21, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 732 0124 3783
Password: 5t3QC2

If you click it at 7pm, we can chat rigs, trips, plans, and whatever you're learning –

Reactions: MMc

matthewg

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

I travel full-time.
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Gaa
Member #

Hey all, hope this message finds you all in good health. I wanted to briefly share an update with my Zoom call with @lr4xfar.24209 this past Thursday. He's rolling in a Land Rover he's had for about 8 months and is new to the group. He's got a handful of mods - lift, winch, skid plates and a few others. He's been up to Big Bear, the Mojave road, and Imogene (two attempts, if memory serves). Next on his plate is Alabama Hills off the 395. He wants to put his skid plates to use somewhere, too. In the event anyone has any info on Alabama Hills or has been up there, perhaps you can share any tips/suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Toywolf