Launch Member

Member III

North Richland Hills, Texas
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Downer
Member #

As I said during the meetup, I'm bad with names so maybe to help me and others with the same affliction, we could do a forum sound-off to help people put faces to names... or rig discussions to names, etc.

So, if you attended the first Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Meet Up, please give your name and a brief description of your rig like so:

Kevin Harris / 2007 Army Green Jeep JKU

If you came with other family members such as a wife, husband, or children, you could mention them as well if you think it will help others identify you.

CaliTex

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

North Richland Hills, Texas
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Downer
Member #

As I said during the meetup, I'm bad with names so maybe to help me and others with the same affliction, we could do a forum sound-off to help people put faces to names... or rig discussions to names, etc.

So, if you attended the first Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) Meet Up, please give your name and a brief description of your rig like so:

Kevin Harris / 2007 Army Green Jeep JKU

If you came with other family members such as a wife, husband, or children, you could mention them as well if you think it will help others identify you.
Bryan and Nansii Downer - 09 White Tacoma - Calitex

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

I’ll be there! I suppose we will park in the back of the parking lot so we can be in the same area?

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Any thought to creating a rally point for our meet up so it shows up on the OB map like other meet ups?
I saw that for the East Texas meetup. I’m sure it’s good to let people know about the meetup, but the notifications kinda got annoying. LOL.

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Anybody interested on a short Overland trip on Oct 5th, 6th and 7th? I have that weekend free and I’m thinking of taking a short trip either to hill country or south west Oklahoma. If anybody is interested we can talk about details at the meetup on Sept 15th.

Reactions: TXFoster

TXFoster

Rank 0

Traveler I

dfw
What is in Southwest Oklahoma?
I'm thinking about exploring Ouachita National Forest. It's a fairly short run from DFW to Talihina. I'm doing some research on trails in the area (other than the k-trail). There appears to be a lot of choices available.
I'll post additional information once I have things more organized.

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

What is in Southwest Oklahoma?
I'm thinking about exploring Ouachita National Forest. It's a fairly short run from DFW to Talihina. I'm doing some research on trails in the area (other than the k-trail). There appears to be a lot of choices available.
I'll post additional information once I have things more organized.
I was thinking of running the portion of this (see photo) route from I35 west to the OK/TX boarder. Just never really been out that way. I’m open to other options though. The main goal of the weekend for me is to make good use of my time off! LOL.

Reactions: TXFoster

TXFoster

Rank 0

Traveler I

dfw
I was thinking of running the portion of this (see photo) route from I35 west to the OK/TX boarder. Just never really been out that way. I’m open to other options though. The main goal of the weekend for me is to make good use of my time off! LOL.
ah - I've had clients in OKC so I know the run north along 35W.
The Arbuckles would be worth checking out. Real actual hills and stuff. It's very pretty.

You might also try to find Spanish Fort which is North of Munster along the Red River. Most of the running around in the area that I've done has been either on a motorcycle or in a car. So I'm not really sure about camping opportunities.

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Are there any actual trails in the Arbuckles? I have driven the road through the Arbuckles past Turner Falls countless times, but nothing else around there.

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Another option is Hill Country down around Llano. There are some decent trails around there, but it is short on camp sites.

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Missed the notification, sorry folks. Been a little busy. Rolling Meet and Greets have been successful and enjoyable by all. Consider the idea...
plenty of stuff here local. By local, I mean a few hours radius around the MetroPlex. The last crew I took had a good time......well, at least no complaints got back to me. Giggles

Salvat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Missed the notification, sorry folks. Been a little busy. Rolling Meet and Greets have been successful and enjoyable by all. Consider the idea...
plenty of stuff here local. By local, I mean a few hours radius around the MetroPlex. The last crew I took had a good time......well, at least no complaints got back to me. Giggles
Laud!! Was wondering if you would find your way to the thread. Hope you can make to one of our meet ups. Got one this coming Saturday. [emoji16]