Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfield, CA, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

My camp kitchen set up nice simple coleman stove right on the tailgate pull it out of the tote and ready to cook , directly behind the stove is the tote that we keep non perishables and seasonings in and just to the right is a dometic fridge. The fridge is probably one of my favorite items since it allows to bring anything that I'd normally cook at home out on the trail as you can see in the picture we're cooking up a couple of steaks.

20200125_175603.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My camp kitchen set up nice simple coleman stove right on the tailgate pull it out of the tote and ready to cook , directly behind the stove is the tote that we keep non perishables and seasonings in and just to the right is a dometic fridge. The fridge is probably one of my favorite items since it allows to bring anything that I'd normally cook at home out on the trail as you can see in the picture we're cooking up a couple of steaks.

View attachment 139828
I don't have a tail gate ! Damn. Nice way to go Bradley

Reactions: Cummins_Overland

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force

View attachment 139828
I bet know one is going to steal you food!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: FreelandRyan

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Just finished browsing through this entire thread - Wow!! Lots of really nice setups here and it was great to see a few folks still using liquid fuel gear. I started camping with Coleman and have stuck with it over the years. The double burner stove (413E), oven and coffee pot came from a yard sales when I was in college in the 60's, The single burner (533) and lantern are a little more modern - maybe early 90's?? Although I carry a 20 lb propane tank for the firepit, I just prefer cooking and lighting with liquid fuel. There's something about that hiss that goes along with the camping experience for us. The stand with sink folds down to 5"x18"x42"s and has held up well for over forty years and the lantern tree / trashbag holder is galvanized pipe mounted on an old farm disc blade and spiked to the ground.

IMG_6778.JPG

On some days and in some places. it doesn't take much gear to get things started just right.
IMG_6487_zpsdk8o1rc3.jpg

Last edited:

Jhop567

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sagle, Idaho
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
the lantern tree / trashbag holder is galvanized pipe mounted on an old farm disc blade
You could probably modify it a little and have a lantern tree/trashbag holder and a scuttle/wok

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I want the Bronco !!!! Man, that truck is SWEET !!
Ford made the biggest mistake they ever made when they went from this to the 2nd gen and third gen Bronco's. Like Jeep they could have just kept building on one of the best platforms that has ever been built by an American Manufacture IMO ! The new one coming out is never going to be as well accepted by old Bronco lovers. I'm not saying the 2nd gens were not good even if they were dogs in the 80's power wise (another mistake Ford made when de - tuning to meet smog laws), I'm saying the 1st gens were the best.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Just finished browsing through this entire thread - Wow!! Lots of really nice setups here and it was great to see a few folks still using liquid fuel gear. I started camping with Coleman and have stuck with it over the years. The double burner stove (413E), oven and coffee pot came from a yard sales when I was in college in the 60's, The single burner (533) and lantern are a little more modern - maybe early 90's?? Although I carry a 20 lb propane tank for the firepit, I just prefer cooking and lighting with liquid fuel. There's something about that hiss that goes along with the camping experience for us. The stand with sink folds down to 5"x18"x42"s and has held up well for over forty years and the lantern tree / trashbag holder is galvanized pipe mounted on an old farm disc blade and spiked to the ground.

View attachment 141364

On some days and in some places. it doesn't take much gear to get things started just right.
View attachment 141370
Is your tent a PahaQue Green Mountain 10x12 tent ? If not what is it. It's the first one I've seen that I like. Can you set it up by yourself ? Thanks for posting.

Reactions: huachuca

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Is your tent a PahaQue Green Mountain 10x12 tent ? If not what is it. It's the first one I've seen that I like. Can you set it up by yourself ? Thanks for posting.
Its PahaQue's 12x12 screen room with their optional fly. We've had it several years and have been well satisfied but I went to their website to post a link in this reply and it appears to have been discontinued. I've reached out to the company for clarification on this and will post back with their response.

I've never tried to set it up by myself but think it could be done with a bit of effort as long as the wind is minimal. With Cindy and I working together, it takes about ten minutes to go from bag to basic setup with perimeter stakes and corner guy lines. To fully guy the tent and fly takes another fifteen minutes because of the number of line attachment points - with all points properly staked, it will handle winds up to at least 35 mph, The drop down sides provide excellent protection from the rain.

Al

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Its PahaQue's 12x12 screen room with their optional fly. We've had it several years and have been well satisfied but I went to their website to post a link in this reply and it appears to have been discontinued. I've reached out to the company for clarification on this and will post back with their response.

I've never tried to set it up by myself but think it could be done with a bit of effort as long as the wind is minimal. With Cindy and I working together, it takes about ten minutes to go from bag to basic setup with perimeter stakes and corner guy lines. To fully guy the tent and fly takes another fifteen minutes because of the number of line attachment points - with all points properly staked, it will handle winds up to at least 35 mph, The drop down sides provide excellent protection from the rain.

Al
Thanks Al, as much as I like it I doubt I could put it up by myself. Age has its disadvantages I am finding out. I never thought about my age until this past year as I became more and more unable to do the minor things I wanted to do. You have a happy looking camp, I am envious. Stay safe and well in your adventures.
Jim

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
Here is the basic kitchen that my son Joey and I used for our Mojave Road trip. Really basic.. just that single burner, 2 coolers and a little cookware. We did eat well, though!
This year will be the year that I really tighten up the gear that I pack.

From what I have seen here, those Camp Chef Sherpa Tables look great for a minimalist camp kitchen. I like the idea of the soft side storage bins that are included.. I can't stand it when things rattle around! The roll-top folding tables, too (although, my great big table is way handy and fits nicely in the back of the 4Runner).

Thanks for all the inspiration, these posts are great.

View attachment 134262

Oh, and I couldn't resist posting this photo from 2011.
The '59 Apache that I had and the start of a kitchen setup..
View attachment 134263
LOVE the 59' Apache!

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
My camp kitchen/dining setup.

I don't usually have all these lights going, though was doing a demonstration of how effective good lighting can be in illuminating task areas and creating overall mood.
All very simply done with low power LED and candles, I thought it made it look rather elegant, really.

I love my outdoor kitchen.

View attachment 127366

With and without task and area lighting:

View attachment 127364 ... View attachment 127365
I love this setup ... the awning is nice!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I love this setup ... the awning is nice!

Thanks man, I love it too. Probably wouldn't need as much if I didn't go out as long as I do, though it works really well for quick weekends and week-long trips, too. SO easy to set up and stow back away.
I've had this current setup of trailer, awning, and RTT out over 600 nights so far in the last couple years, and am gearing up now for another long extended adventure.

Here's my typical galley lineup:

partnergriddle_8600-900.jpg

The awning, a Bunduawn 360 by Bundutec USA, reaches out almost 8' in three directions, providing an unprecedented amount of coverage. Most awnings reach out around 5-6 feet. I hang side walls for cooler weather or overly breezy days, and pretty much close it in for freezing weather.

You can see a lot more images, with kitchen set up etc, at

Last edited: