Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I built a removable fold down table for my LJ & TJ tailgate. It hangs over the tailgate with a few brackets and stays at home when not needed.

I've finished the table for my trailer. Although I'm close, I just need to finish the trailer! It will be carried inside of the trailer. It only takes a few minutes to set up. I built the table out of 3 small aluminum foldable tables and sized it to fit the side of my trailer. It weighs about 4 pounds and is surprising strong and rigid.

See trailer build thread in my signature below.

Tailgate Table 2.jpg
EXP93.JPG EXP94.JPG

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I use to carry a ton more but now it's a Dutch oven ( found out the lid flipped upside down can be used for skillet , a jet boil , some freeze dried foods and a small cooler of food . I figured if i could live comfortably for over a week with a 28lb pack on my back why do i need so much stuff when I'm relaxing driving ? my goal is to pair down so much I can fit all our camping gear in the Subaru and leave the roof for firewood and the quickshade
hdr_00650_0.jpg

Attachments

RoadTrip1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lake Helen, FL, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Hyde
Member #

I use to carry a ton more but now it's a Dutch oven ( found out the lid flipped upside down can be used for skillet , a jet boil , some freeze dried foods and a small cooler of food . I figured if i could live comfortably for over a week with a 28lb pack on my back why do i need so much stuff when I'm relaxing driving ? my goal is to pair down so much I can fit all our camping gear in the Subaru and leave the roof for firewood and the quickshade
View attachment 72758
Smileyshaun, you’ve got the right idea! Used to motorcycle camp with very little and always multi-purpose gear. Went back to 4x4 after I quit riding. Big adjustment! Started carrying way to much stuff and have been paring down ever since. (I still have my “luxury” items thro. )

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

I did a kitchen remodel over the winter and have now used it for a full season and love it. Favorite features are the countertop and pantry drawer... and utensil drawer...and stove slide....ok, I love it all. The Cook Partner stove is awesome and a big improvement over my Coleman. Heat control is much better.

The pantry drawer holds 4-6 soup or beans/tomato boxes (yuppie cans), hand cleaning stuff, tooth brushing stuff, meds, fire starting stuff, RX Bars, stainless steel drinking glasses, camp mug, tea, spices and cooking oils.

I designed the "kitchen" and had Steel Feather Welding in Oregon City build it for me. It is bolted to the TruckVault and can be removed. Same goes for the refrigerator/slide.

MetoliusCamp1.jpg

The tray next to the stove has a can opener, lighter and rock salt for cleaning the Skottle if needed. I do love my Skottle and use it for the main course most of the time.

MetoliusCamp2.jpg

The Ready Light is handy for late night cooking.

MetoliusCamp3.jpg

Clean up is easy with the Water Port and collapsible dish pans. Most of the time I'll set them up on the Tailgater Tire Table, but I had some fishing gear laid out there this time....

I've added a couple Zarges boxes to the kit to hold my cookware and dry goods since this photo was taken. They strap down on top of the stove slide and the Tire Table lays on top of them. When strapped down they ride safe and quiet. I also put the Engel in an insulated bag for the summer months. Worked well.

I'm sure I'll find improvements over the winter...stay tuned.

Last edited:

Zeak

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Garden City
Member #

I did a kitchen remodel over the winter and have now used it for a full season and love it. Favorite features are the countertop and pantry drawer... and utensil drawer...and stove slide....ok, I love it all. The Cook Partner stove is awesome and a big improvement over my Coleman. Heat control is much better.

The pantry drawer holds 4-6 soup or beans/tomato boxes (yuppie cans), hand cleaning stuff, tooth brushing stuff, meds, fire starting stuff, RX Bars, stainless steel drinking glasses, camp mug, tea, spices and cooking oils.

I designed the "kitchen" and had Steelhead Feather Welding in Oregon City build it for me. It is bolted to the TruckVault and can be removed. Same goes for the refrigerator/slide.

View attachment 74959

The tray next to the stove has a can opener, lighter and rock salt for cleaning the Skottle if needed. I do love my Skottle and use it for the main course most of the time.

View attachment 74960

View attachment 74961

Clean up is easy with the Water Port and collapsible dish pans. Most of the time I'll set them up on the Tailgater Tire Table, but I had some fishing gear laid out there this time....

I've added a couple Zarges boxes to the kit to hold my cookware and dry goods since this photo was taken. They strap down on top of the stove slide and the Tire Table lays on top of them. When strapped down they ride safe and quiet. I also put the Engel in an insulated bag for the summer months. Worked well.

I designed the "kitchen" and had Steelhead Feather Welding in Oregon City build it for me. It is bolted to the TruckVault and can be removed. Same goes for the refrigerator/slide.

View attachment 74959

View attachment 74960

View attachment 74961

Hey that's cool!! very similar to mine. l

Bomber Bash

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA
Member #

My camp kitchen box:

View attachment 68932

Has all the tools and gear I need to get cooking.

Here's a shot below of it in the galley work flow, at the left end of the counter, though with the front closed, stove open. On the ground on top of the ammo cases are two bear-resistant Zarges boxes that make up my pantry and supplies. The ammo cases have my bushcraft pots and pans and kindling. At the far right end of the counter is hot & cold running water and a sink tub.

View attachment 68931
What brand table is that between the folding chairs?

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

How do you like that jetboil stove is it worth the money. I like how they're compact. What is the quality of the stove?
I love it, they’re worth it imo. Compact like you said, that’s a big thing for me i used to carry one of those Coleman griddle things, they take up space. The bag fits the stove with its 5 liter pot and not stick pan which is all i really need. Quality is awesome they aren’t flimsy or cheap, you can just tell when you see it or held it in person. Also easy to clean. I recommend looking at reviews on youtube