Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Macaalay
Member #

Like this one which already exists?

View attachment 167918
While those are nice and come in 2’x3’ and 3’x5’ sizes (base camp flags), the purpose of this thread was to offer them in a smaller size more suitable for staying on the vehicle (12”x18”).
Some may prefer to drive around with a larger flag, but I on the other hand would prefer the smaller version.
Still waiting for that group buy.. lol

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

While those are nice and come in 2’x3’ and 3’x5’ sizes (base camp flags), the purpose of this thread was to offer them in a smaller size more suitable for staying on the vehicle (12”x18”).
Some may prefer to drive around with a larger flag, but I on the other hand would prefer the smaller version.
Still waiting for that group buy.. lol
Ah gotcha. I don't drive w/ it on. I just use it for meets so people can find us.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I got the Mini Base Camp Flag for this very purpose. I wanted to be able attach it to my antenna when needed, but also be able to remove it while driving since I know it's not designed to withstand that much abuse. I couldn't figure out a good way to do it securely, so I rigged up a long dowel with a couple of carabiners to attach the flag. The dowel attaches to my Jerry can holders. Problem is, I only take the holders with me on trips. Thus, on normal days of just driving around or meets, I can't display the flag. I had thought about getting a "car flag" that secures to the window when you roll it up and just replace the flag. However, this still doesn't solve the issue of being durable enough to drive with it attached. With all that said, I'd certainly get one of these if I could secure it while driving and remove it while parked in other than friendly places.IMAG1360.jpg

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

This is my solution for the mini base camp flag.
I tried to drive (even slowly) with the flag up but as you can see from the picture below it‘s not working too well.
The material is too tick and stiff. I’m gonna stick with it only when parked at camp.
51CC9AE8-4185-4454-B383-E94DDFBFCBFA.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
The Base Camp flags are available in several sizes on the store.
Is this idea gaining any traction. I would still be interested in having an OB flag that at least attaches to the window as shown in the photo below to show support for the group. It would also be a good conversation starter for possible new members that may interested but do not not know about Overland Bound.

carflag.png

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I fly it all over KC. I think it would also be a good way to support a homebuilt company. A trail flag, either way, is a good idea for safety, but this one is a great conversation starter! Tread Lightly

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Still wondering if this is being discussed. Currently still using the mini flag on a 48" dowel attached on the rear basket. But, would really like to have something strong enough to drive with during trips.