Jimmypaget

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Paget
So glad I found this thread! After my social media exodus I’ve been trying to find a way for jeep runs! Looks like I’ve found it! I’m down in Henderson and have most weekends off so I’m down for whatever!

Reactions: Alertchief

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
So glad I found this thread! After my social media exodus I’ve been trying to find a way for jeep runs! Looks like I’ve found it! I’m down in Henderson and have most weekends off so I’m down for whatever!
I was just the opposite on social forums. I had until recently avoided them. I finally joined Instagram for our OB presence on the site. Our sub-forum for Las Vegas has in the last year become much more active due to a few new member's:hearteyes:. Before it was pretty dusty:disappointed:. OB is a great motivator for our love of the outdoors. Great educational information, and companionship with fellow enthusiasts.

PS: What is also nice is that OB members do not have a specific vehicle type preference. You run with what you prefer, whatever it might be. So you do not have to reley on social media per say, to know whats going on in a vehicle specific club.

INSTAGRAM:
Desertrunner_LV

Last edited:
Reactions: Buzzard13

Jimmypaget

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Paget
I was just the opposite on social forums. I had until recently avoided them. I finally joined Instagram for our OB presence on the site. Our sub-forum for Las Vegas has in the last year become much more active due to a few new member's:hearteyes:. Before it was pretty dusty:disappointed:. OB is a great motivator for our love of the outdoors. Great educational information, and companionship with fellow enthusiasts.

PS: What is also nice is that OB members do not have a specific vehicle type preference. You run with what you prefer, whatever it might be. So you do not have to reley on social media per say, to know whats going on in a vehicle specific club.

INSTAGRAM:
Desertrunner_LV
Excellent point. I run a jeep jku but am not partial at all to all vehicles. I used to be more into the prerunner/race truck scenes until about 5 years ago. I also have a smittybilt scout trailer that we’ve taken out a few times (less than I’d like). I’d eventually like to do some winter camping also, was thinking up on the Alamo road area?

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

My icon is my rig. A two tone Green Dodge 78 W200. It would great if we could have a few Gambler rigs join a trail run. :smile:

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Hello, OB LV group. Just throwing out interest in some 1-2 night overland excursions (weekend). Mojave Road, DV, Gold Butte, Arizona strip, central NV or just about anywhere is of interest. I will follow along and see if any interest pops up, have some new equipment that would love to shake down. Nomad style is preferred as it allows more exploration time. (Henderson, NV)

Alertchief

Rank V

Advocate III

Henderson, Nevada, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
mountain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Alertchief
Hello, OB LV group. Just throwing out interest in some 1-2 night overland excursions (weekend). Mojave Road, DV, Gold Butte, Arizona strip, central NV or just about anywhere is of interest. I will follow along and see if any interest pops up, have some new equipment that would love to shake down. Nomad style is preferred as it allows more exploration time. (Henderson, NV)
Love to find someone to head out of Henderson at times. I spend half month or so there and half Oregon. Out often and have been to DV and Mohave in last 5 weeks. Super chill, sightseeing, wheeling , overlanding etc. @mojitoadventures

Attachments

Last edited:

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Not quite set up for overnights yet, so just been doing day trips. Although one did turn into a night trip as we drove out in the dark. And boy does it get dark out in the desert.

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Not quite set up for overnights yet, so just been doing day trips. Although one did turn into a night trip as we drove out in the dark. And boy does it get dark out in the desert.
once that sun goes down, it gets awful dark and cold!!

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I'm game for overnights!! I was thinking about Gold Butte in January. Where do you go in Central NV?

Reactions: CMFB4x4

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Has anyone taken the Bitter Springs Byway out near Moapa? If so, your thoughts on a possible group outing?

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Has anyone taken the Bitter Springs Byway out near Moapa? If so, your thoughts on a possible group outing?
I have done the Bittersprings byway trail multiple times, yeah you could possibly find some camp spots in the area. Maybe the only downside is the area is limited (in size) and would not make for any adventure seeking/wheeling beyond entry and exit of the area. If you venture a bit further down (or up if you are holding a map) is Gold Butte Nartional Monument area... its huge, has attractions and has many camping spots.

Reactions: Buzzard13

mwilson920

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I have done the Bittersprings byway trail multiple times, yeah you could possibly find some camp spots in the area. Maybe the only downside is the area is limited (in size) and would not make for any adventure seeking/wheeling beyond entry and exit of the area. If you venture a bit further down (or up if you are holding a map) is Gold Butte Nartional Monument area... its huge, has attractions and has many camping spots.
I was thinking more for a day trip. Something close to Vegas.

Agreed with Gold Butte. I will plan something for January

MojaveOverland

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Henderson, NV
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YVX
Thank you @mwilson920 for leading a fun run up over the Sheep Mountains today! Was great meeting some you today but didn't get to meet all of you, but hope to on the next outing. I hope we can organize some over nights and excursions and get a chance to meet you all!

Reactions: mwilson920
Status
Not open for further replies.