Off the Grid 2016 - Info Thread!

• HTML tutorial

Matt92101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Temecula ,CA
Member #

Thanks. Curious because I have combat related disabilities and wondered if there would be others attending OTG that had related experiences. Just concerned about fitting in given this would be my first OB trip.
You're good bro, I can relate, and can assist. Army, Iraq '05'

Reactions: Armentac

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks for the info on the grill. Who would think it'd be so complicated.

Re: email confirmation, I received an automatic email telling me I paid as a driver-as well as a few other items. I haven't gotten anything telling me I'm registered. I'm a little concerned there is a process I'm not aware of and still not officially a part of the event.

Matt92101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Temecula ,CA
Member #

Thanks for the offer to go off thread but I'd like others to benefit from the conversation.

I was Army, '80-'90 and '03-'06. Started out as a Combat Photographer, then was commissioned in Artillery. My second stint was as a Cavalry Scout. Wounded twice in Baghdad resulting, in part, with a PTSD diagnosis. It is this problem that creates a certain degree of trepidation. Just not used to groups, but would like to address this concern, hence joining a group with common interests (Overland Bound).
19D Diyala Prov 05

Reactions: Armentac

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I spent about a month in Diyala Prov in '04, then to Bagdad.

On another note, did you get an official "welcome to OTG" email. Sounds like one is sent about a day after payment, but I haven't received anything. Hmmmm

Matt92101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Temecula ,CA
Member #

I spent about a month in Diyala Prov in '04, then to Bagdad.

On another note, did you get an official "welcome to OTG" email. Sounds like one is sent about a day after payment, but I haven't received anything. Hmmmm
Yes, just drop a post or a PM to Corrie and she'll get it squared away. Good people here!

It's more of an online form, requesting vehicle info and such.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yes, just drop a post or a PM to Corrie and she'll get it squared away. Good people here!

It's more of an online form, requesting vehicle info and such.
Ok. I'll try that. Thanks.