Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Pruden
Member #

Not sure it this is the right place for bug reports. If there is a better place for this let me know & I’ll resubmit…

There seems to be a problem using OB1 on more than one device at a time. I have an iPad and an iPhone and I use OB1 on both of them. The problem is, after I access it on one device, it stops working on the other, and I’m presented with a message about successfully creating account (see attached image). In this state, the app is pretty much non-functional. I can get it working by logging out and back in, but that breaks the app on my *other* device. With biometrics (touch/face ID) configured, this isn’t a huge problem, but it seems like something you’ll want to fix :)

Thanks!
Kris

Attachments

Reactions: Michael

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Post any bugs you co9me across here, if more than 1 person has same bug, do not add on thread please.

ALL POSTS include what platform (Android or IOS), App version (found top right corner, tap the 3 lines, version listed at bottom), and be as specific as possible in description.

Jim

D

Deleted member 14476

Platform: iOS
App Version: 11.0.0.2021092202
Description of Bug: While recording a track on OB1 maps, the copy button used to copy coordinates does not work.

Attachments

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Android 12 (Samsung S21 Ultra - running Beta 1 of their Android 12)
Android version: 12
One UI version: 4.0
OB1 version: 11.0.0.0922

1. When recording a track, map will not update car's position. Arrow icon remains at starting point (with map), but blue track is recorded properly.
2. Cannot download maps. Any attempt to download a map results in red message saying "Limit has been reached. Map pack with zoom range 0 - 3 could not be downloaded. Free up space by deleting saved maps and then try again." I do not have any maps downloaded and have 128GB on phone.
3. Saved a track but can't find it now. Also saving a track requires a lot of text information, meaning having to stop vehicle, etc. This should be something that can be added later.
4. Cannot reposition offline map rectangle. Message on screen says "Position map, name, then download" but I'm not sure how to "position the map" or what the rectangles mean.
5. When reading forums, message text appears jumbled and overflows the space given to it.
6. When replying to a forum message, message window is very small, includes a ton of quoted text and trying to reposition the cursor backs you out of the message edit window.

PS: Let me know if you want more details, would like a screencast going through these, or any other way I could help.

D

Deleted member 14476

Description of Bug: While recording a track on OB1 maps, the copy button used to copy coordinates does not work.
Are you part of the expedition tier test group?

Go to your profile on the OB1 App and look for
the expedition tier badge.

View attachment 210681

if yo are, go tohttps://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob1-app-bug-reports-only.40603/ and report your issue.
I am, and this is that thread.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Android 12 (Samsung S21 Ultra - running Beta 1 of their Android 12)
Android version: 12
One UI version: 4.0
OB1 version: 11.0.0.0922

1. When recording a track, map will not update car's position. Arrow icon remains at starting point (with map), but blue track is recorded properly.
2. Cannot download maps. Any attempt to download a map results in red message saying "Limit has been reached. Map pack with zoom range 0 - 3 could not be downloaded. Free up space by deleting saved maps and then try again." I do not have any maps downloaded and have 128GB on phone.
3. Saved a track but can't find it now. Also saving a track requires a lot of text information, meaning having to stop vehicle, etc. This should be something that can be added later.
4. Cannot reposition offline map rectangle. Message on screen says "Position map, name, then download" but I'm not sure how to "position the map" or what the rectangles mean.
5. When reading forums, message text appears jumbled and overflows the space given to it.
6. When replying to a forum message, message window is very small, includes a ton of quoted text and trying to reposition the cursor backs you out of the message edit window.

PS: Let me know if you want more details, would like a screencast going through these, or any other way I could help.
This is great feedback. I’ll follow up.

Reactions: cgranier

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Not sure it this is the right place for bug reports. If there is a better place for this let me know & I’ll resubmit…

There seems to be a problem using OB1 on more than one device at a time. I have an iPad and an iPhone and I use OB1 on both of them. The problem is, after I access it on one device, it stops working on the other, and I’m presented with a message about successfully creating account (see attached image). In this state, the app is pretty much non-functional. I can get it working by logging out and back in, but that breaks the app on my *other* device. With biometrics (touch/face ID) configured, this isn’t a huge problem, but it seems like something you’ll want to fix :)

Thanks!
Kris
@Michael he may be able to help

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14476

Description of Bug: Quick thing I noticed in the notifications on OB1 was for reactions, the text is incomplete now and is missing “your post” in between the “reacted to” and “in the thread”

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I have the latest tester update 11.0.3 I cannot load any forums and the app thinks I don't have data connection. Also when I try to pull up map, rps or profile the app crashes and closes by itselfScreenshot_20211024-200712.pngScreenshot_20211024-200706.pngScreenshot_20211024-200635.png

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Rally point map is blank, but was showing last week.
North central Texas meet and greet Nov 6. Notice it a few days ago and asked Roots66 about it just to double check before send it up

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Rally point map is blank, but was showing last week.
North central Texas meet and greet Nov 6. Notice it a few days ago and asked Roots66 about it just to double check before send it up
I’ll send this up the line.

you can also open a support ticket by clicking “Support” on the User CP in the OB1 app

5059EC80-FEA4-4762-91B5-EF03ECAA5C0A.jpeg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I have the latest tester update 11.0.3 I cannot load any forums and the app thinks I don't have data connection. Also when I try to pull up map, rps or profile the app crashes and closes by itselfView attachment 213837View attachment 213838View attachment 213839
Are you still having trouble?

This does look like a legitimate connection issue.

1635279689137.png

BUT the app should not be crashing. I think we have two seperate isssues:

1. Connection issue (legitimate)
2. crash issue - this should not happen. Are you on a recent Android version that is not a beta version?

I'm going to send your user ID to developers.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Pixel 6 Android 12 OverlandBound One App 11.0.3.1021

When attempting to adding a POI on the Map there is no upload button for uploading a gpx. (See attached)

When typing in gps coordinates for a POI. App crashes if N46.322455 is used instead of -46.322455

Attachments

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I have the same version of Ob1 and I cannot select any off-road trails on the resource map that include GPX tracks.

COLDCUT

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Oldham
Member #

iOS

I’m encountering a problem that I’ve had since the early days of the App. I never did figure out how to resolve it and have just been dealing with it all this time. I am almost exclusively using an iPad when accessing the App. The problem is that as soon as I launch the App., it rotates into portrait mode. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get it to switch back to Landscape. This is quite frustrating because both of my iPads are in keyboard cases that make viewing in portrait mode quite cumbersome. I have had the same problem when viewing the App. with my iPhone, although its much less of an issue since I’m usually holding my iPhone in portrait configuration. On rare occasions, the App. will launch in landscape mode, only to revert to portrait as soon as I open Forums or one of the other functions. I was resolved to just dealing with it, but now that the App. is hoping to become navigation tool, I feel like the problem needs to get resolved.

Reactions: kunstmilch

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
iOS

I’m encountering a problem that I’ve had since the early days of the App. I never did figure out how to resolve it and have just been dealing with it all this time. I am almost exclusively using an iPad when accessing the App. The problem is that as soon as I launch the App., it rotates into portrait mode. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get it to switch back to Landscape. This is quite frustrating because both of my iPads are in keyboard cases that make viewing in portrait mode quite cumbersome. I have had the same problem when viewing the App. with my iPhone, although its much less of an issue since I’m usually holding my iPhone in portrait configuration. On rare occasions, the App. will launch in landscape mode, only to revert to portrait as soon as I open Forums or one of the other functions. I was resolved to just dealing with it, but now that the App. is hoping to become navigation tool, I feel like the problem needs to get resolved.
It’s a known issue with the iPad… there isn’t a fix for this at the moment