GreatPlains40

Rank I

Contributor III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
C
Moved back to Omaha last year. I travel a lot during my off time so if anyone is looking for someone to tag along for a trip hit me up. View attachment 130279
Hey Brandon. You posted this a couple months ago, but I just noticed it. We met at the NJC meet and greet in Gretna back in September. I have a green '98 TJ if you remember it (it looked pretty tiny next to that guy's white JL that swapped in a LS3 I think).

Anyway, good to see you on here.

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

Hey Brandon. You posted this a couple months ago, but I just noticed it. We met at the NJC meet and greet in Gretna back in September. I have a green '98 TJ if you remember it (it looked pretty tiny next to that guy's white JL that swapped in a LS3 I think).

Anyway, good to see you on here.
Yes sir I remember. Hope all is well.

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

Yeah, can't complain. You been on any good trips lately? I seem to remember you got out fairly often.
Went down to Hot Springs Off Road Park last weekend to try out the new offroad/overland trailer. Will be hitting up the MOORE Expo and stay at SMORR Feb 14-16. If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know. SMORR is a great park with a little bit of everything. 20200125_090646.jpg20200125_090716.jpg20200125_090629.jpg

Reactions: freedomomelet

GreatPlains40

Rank I

Contributor III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
C
Went down to Hot Springs Off Road Park last weekend to try out the new offroad/overland trailer. Will be hitting up the MOORE Expo and stay at SMORR Feb 14-16. If anyone is interested in tagging along let me know. SMORR is a great park with a little bit of everything. View attachment 137962View attachment 137963View attachment 137964
That’s a great looking setup. I thought about going down to the MOORE expo as well, we just have a lot going on that weekend so I wouldn’t be able to make it. I do want to go down to SMORR though, maybe later this year.

sinon_box

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Jaime
Last Name
Spedden
Member #

I'm in Omaha and have this funky, small 2WD. Back hatch area is built out for camping. With it being only 2WD, I can't go play in most off road parks since they tend to require 4WD. But still take it around for camping, hiking, trail running and high pointing. It's a fun rig and still gets the job done.
20200306_132757.jpg20190822_125407.jpg

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

I'm in Omaha and have this funky, small 2WD. Back hatch area is built out for camping. With it being only 2WD, I can't go play in most off road parks since they tend to require 4WD. But still take it around for camping, hiking, trail running and high pointing. It's a fun rig and still gets the job done.
View attachment 147408View attachment 147409
OMG that's hideous. I love it. 10/10

Reactions: sinon_box

Victor Suezo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bellevue, NE, USA
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Suezo
Member #

Is there a facebook group for overlanders from nebraska to meet up?
I actually just created a group on Facebook called Nebraska Overland. Were based in Omaha/Bellevue area, but we would like anyone from Nebraska or any other close by state to join.
The group is intended for meet ups and future trips. It is fairly new, hoping to grow it and meet people. Please share it with your friends :)

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

I actually just created a group on Facebook called Nebraska Overland. Were based in Omaha/Bellevue area, but we would like anyone from Nebraska or any other close by state to join.
The group is intended for meet ups and future trips. It is fairly new, hoping to grow it and meet people. Please share it with your friends :)
Just sent my request to the page!

Reactions: Victor Suezo

SIM

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

USA
First Name
Last Name
Member #

Is there a facebook group for overlanders from nebraska to meet up?
Just joined! Thanks!

Reactions: Victor Suezo

GreatPlains40

Rank I

Contributor III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
C
Hey all. Had a great week last week - me and a few friends picked up the Rimrocker Trail outside of Montrose and took it to Moab where we then spent a couple of nights. The scenery this time of year was excellent, and while Moab was a little busy in town, we barely saw anyone where we were camping. I highly recommend the Rimrocker.

My Tundra TRD Pro handled it easily, and we even got my buddy's Yukon Denali through without issues (if it would have rained, we would likely have had problems).

Here are a few pics.

The Rimrocker Trail as it enters the Uncompaghre National Forest.
IMG_3995.JPG

Our 2nd night campsite in the Uncompahgre National Forest.
IMG_4008.JPG

Random BLM roads just off the Rimrocker where we pulled off to take a break.
IMG_4023.JPG

At our campsite the 3rd night in the National Forest.
IMG_4051_LI.jpg

The view from the 3rd night campsite.
IMG_4039.JPG

Nights 4 & 5 we camped on BLM land just outside Canyonlands and this was the view.
IMG_4083.JPG

Wandering_Wolverine

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Papillion, NE, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Priest
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K8JOK
Service Branch
USAF
Hi, I'm Gary and live in Papillion, NE. I'm Air Force so not from the local area but would really enjoy getting out with folks who know where to go to get outdoors around here. I'm rocking a Subaru Outback so not ready to hit any rock crawling but it gets around most other places OK.

I do communications in the Air Force and am licensed for GMRS and ham. If anyone local to me needs assistance with comm stuff I'm happy to help if I'm free.

Heartland Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gretna, NE, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Talley
Member #

Welcome to the area. Air Force Vet here, out by Gretna. Been looking to put a HAM in the Jeep, already have a GMRS set up. We will have to get together sometime. Check out Nebraska Overlanders on FB, a small group, mostly Omaha based people.

Hi, I'm Gary and live in Papillion, NE. I'm Air Force so not from the local area but would really enjoy getting out with folks who know where to go to get outdoors around here. I'm rocking a Subaru Outback so not ready to hit any rock crawling but it gets around most other places OK.

I do communications in the Air Force and am licensed for GMRS and ham. If anyone local to me needs assistance with comm stuff I'm happy to help if I'm free.

Reactions: Wandering_Wolverine

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Overland Bound could really use a Member Representative in Nebraska. I've included the gist of what the position entails. If you have any interest at all, please message me at @Neal A. Tew . Thanks!

MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM

MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE CRITERIA

• Be an active community member in the organization such as attending meetups, runs, OLB forum, social media. Assist the Director at the local level.
  • Ability to participate in periodic conference calls with the Regional Director and other Regional Member Representatives.
  • Promote meet-ups within the local region and provide support for members who want to start a new meet-up.
  • Knowledge of the Overland Bound website and tools.

DUTIES
  • Member Representative work at the Director's discretion
  • Answer new forum regional member introductions, advise on local meet-ups along with other Member Representatives
  • Interact on the forum regional page
  • Interact with the Regional Director and other Regional Member Representatives when possible, keep the line of communications open for new ideas
  • Assist the Regional Director with setting up regional meet-ups to include a large geographical area of the region
  • Try to understand a member’s position on a subject and if it does not match the founding principles, advise the Regional Director of the situation.
  • Assist in responding to forum messages on the regional page in a timely manner
  • Protect the community from negativity and vitriol. (See community guidelines.)
  • Do not tolerate discrimination or hate speech (sex, race, religion, etc.)
  • Promote Overland Bound initiatives and be current with what is happening in the community
  • Promote new meet-ups. Refer to the “Starting a New Meetup” document.
  • Don't take yourself too seriously, be humble, help people learn and be willing to learn. The newcomer comes first.

OVERLAND BOUND TALKING POINTS
These are concepts that Directors and their Representatives should use to promote Overland Bound, OLB meetups, and good overlanding etiquette.

• Adventure, exploration and conquering the unknown is the key to living, and not just being alive. It’s in our DNA. It’s who we are.
  • Promote the OLB mission of Outfit and Explore. Meet-ups and trail runs are a large component of this by giving members a way to do both. Encourage meetup organizers to consider this when organizing their gatherings.
  • Be prepared. Be safe. Be responsible.
  • Understand the overt and nuanced meaning of our Core Principles
  • Encourage meetup organizers to consider inclusion of a training/education component to some of their meetings. This is a great way for more experienced members to share what they know with members new to overlanding. Meet-up organizers can also invite guest speakers. Ambassadors/assistants can help identify regional training that might be needed or requested.
  • Encourage family participation in activities.
  • Promote the use of comms in this order:

Continental US
  • Ham 146.460 simplex
  • GMRS Channel 15 simplex
  • CB Channel 16
Australia and vicinity
  • UHF: Channel 21 - 476.9250

Canada
  • Currently working on channel allocation
UK
  • PMR radios and CB ch 11
  • Promote the use of Satellite Emergency Notification Devices such as Garmin inReach
  • Promote navigation training and practical use
  • Promote responsible trail use and guardianship including removing litter/debris and carrying liquid spill kits etc
Complete the “Tread Lightly” course and promote the free training for all of OLB members, Tread Lightly!®