Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
My problem is that I bought a membership last Sunday with the understanding that my membership number would be emailed to me so I could access the map function. Now, it is Thursday and I just got a notification that my order has shipped, but still no membership number. I sent two emails to Customer Service and so far I have received no reply. Not even an acknowledgement that my emails were received or that anyone cared. I am leaving the country tomorrow on a trip and had hoped to check in regularly on the map. Oh well, guess that isn't going to happen now.
Not sure the issue, but I do know whoever told you that you could expect everything to be fulfilled in 3 days made a mistake......AS for acknowledging emails, not sure what issues there are, I do not get those emails. Now onto the map and checking it daily, not sure your intent but I would suggest posting in the region/s your going to visit and get answers from the folks in said region......

I will see if I can get your membership number and get that sorted out for the map but it will be after I get off work tonight as I am walking out the door in 10.

Be safe

Jim

Agent_Outside

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

I was curious how long it takes to get a member number as well. I signed up a few hours ago and was picturing it would be immediate and automated. No real hurry, just curious on what to expect.

Reactions: Michael

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I was curious how long it takes to get a member number as well. I signed up a few hours ago and was picturing it would be immediate and automated. No real hurry, just curious on what to expect.
Have Member Number, Update Your Account, is where this belongs. Gets more traction there. But the short of it is, send @Jim SoG a message containing your Name, Email used to purchase your membership, and your confirmation number. He will get you hooked up over the next few days...

Reactions: Agent_Outside

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It should be immidiate - if you do not get it, please contact me via PM or contact support@overlandbound.com. If I am around, I answer quickly, but sometimes it takes a few days!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Upgraded! Thank you for your patience!

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

I was just wondering how long it takes until I show up on the member's map? Everything shows me as a member and I have a member number.

Thanks!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I was just wondering how long it takes until I show up on the member's map? Everything shows me as a member and I have a member number.

Thanks!
Hi there! Should be immediate but we are tracking down a map issue. Can you update your address in your profile and re-save? Then give it a day. Sub-optimal until we get this resolved.
M

Jeepwatchman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Segal
Member #

Hi there! Should be immediate but we are tracking down a map issue. Can you update your address in your profile and re-save? Then give it a day. Sub-optimal until we get this resolved.
M
Sure can. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks!

bgriest

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jackson, Wy
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Griest
Member #

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and one of the main motivators I had was the map. I thought I would post in the faq as a newb. I see 10 pages of routes shared which is awesome, and I've already scrolled through, but very few of them are on the map. I guess what I expected was to be able to search a location I was interested in visiting or even my area and see all the routes nearby that other members had driven and any advice, challenges, or difficulty about the road or trail. I figured with 20k plus members the map would be covered with routes and campsites shared by other travelers. Am I missing something?

Reactions: M Rose

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and one of the main motivators I had was the map. I thought I would post in the faq as a newb. I see 10 pages of routes shared which is awesome, and I've already scrolled through, but very few of them are on the map. I guess what I expected was to be able to search a location I was interested in visiting or even my area and see all the routes nearby that other members had driven and any advice, challenges, or difficulty about the road or trail. I figured with 20k plus members the map would be covered with routes and campsites shared by other travelers. Am I missing something?
New myself; if you look at the buttons on the map you will find that the Points of Interest that you can select to see or not see does not include routes. I am pretty sure you find shared routes in that section of the Forums not on the member map. The Member Map is an evolving benefit it will get more and more useful as time goes no... Jack

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi All,

Once the new Overland 2.0 app is fully functional routs will be able to be shared and displayed via the map... or that is my understanding... right now the mobile app is still in alpha developmental testing for forum use only.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I'm not sure what member put Horn's Pond Tentsite on the map in Maine, but it must be a joke. Its on the Appalachian Trail. Only way to get to it is a three mile hike up 3000 feet in the Bigelow's. I'd hate to think of someone trying to drive to it, haha. There are shelters there, but you are still lugging up food and camping equipment. its a nice hike, but still...probably shouldn't be on the map.

Reactions: Jim SoG

NBeard78

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Red Lodge, MT, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Beard
Member #

ok, so I am a member with a member number. does it take a while for it to register me with the member banner. when I get on the map all it will show is some event rally points. thanks for any help.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
ok, so I am a member with a member number. does it take a while for it to register me with the member banner. when I get on the map all it will show is some event rally points. thanks for any help.
If you got your member number there should have been an email that activates everything.......

Status
Not open for further replies.