Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Lockers aren't common on modern day consumer grade junkers. Unless you add an offroad package.

Semis have used lockers regularly for ages. Firetrucks. F550 dump trucks. Used to be an option on bunch of old Fords.

Some even have deployable tire chains. Just flip a switch on the dash.

Lockers are priceless. If you could paint them red, and mount them on a roof rack, every overlander would have them.

Lazynorse

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Olsen
The chances of some low IQ government bureaucrat indiscriminately applying this rule while simultaneously not understanding the difference is not less than 115%

Of all the vehicles on the road in 2024 described as "4 wheel drive" only a tiny fraction of them are actually "4 wheel drive".

More government is never, ever the answer and those who enthusiastically embrace it are among the dumbest organisms on the planet.
NPS means National Park Service, so you’re disparaging Park Rangers in National Parks who know what they’re doing. I’m sure you appreciate the special distinction of these special, high use public areas. They do require a high degree if management. These aren’t lonely BLM trails. You can’t have stuck Crosstreks in high use, highly managed National Parks. Folks can take their cheesy blackout flag draped ‘don’t tread on me’ attitude and get stuck somewhere outside the boundaries of Canyonlands, if that’ll satisfy their childish disdain for ‘rulz.’

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
NPS means National Park Service, so you’re disparaging Park Rangers in National Parks who know what they’re doing. I’m sure you appreciate the special distinction of these special, high use public areas. They do require a high degree if management. These aren’t lonely BLM trails. You can’t have stuck Crosstreks in high use, highly managed National Parks. Folks can take their cheesy blackout flag draped ‘don’t tread on me’ attitude and get stuck somewhere outside the boundaries of Canyonlands, if that’ll satisfy their childish disdain for ‘rulz.’
AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!

1723816716720.png

Lazynorse

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tacoma, WA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Olsen
^^ show me the words of mine that inspired your meme shopping. When you slap down childish, sweeping disparaging statements as I had done, that is not done from taking offense. I am not offended, I assure. Rather, I’m educating where its obviously needed.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
^^ show me the words of mine that inspired your meme shopping. When you slap down childish, sweeping disparaging statements as I had done, that is not done from taking offense. I am not offended, I assure. Rather, I’m educating where its obviously needed.
ok...didnt expect to go this far, but if i post something, i will certainly explain my reason for it

NPS means National Park Service, so you’re disparaging Park Rangers in National Parks who know what they’re doing.
you are accusing a member on here of disparaging park rangers when nothing in his post even mentions park rangers. he specifically referred to a "government bureaucrat" indiscriminately applying this as a rule. so, by doing that, you appear to virtue signal by trying to rally troops and shame the poster by claiming he is against park rangers when he clearly is not. if you have to add all that to his post just to try and make him look unreasonable or unfavorable, then what are you really doing? he never mentioned park rangers, so you are essentially upset over something that you added in...that really ruins any chance of rest of your post being taken seriously and just makes what you say look like a personal attack, rather than a discussion.
I’m sure you appreciate the special distinction of these special, high use public areas.
well...why not further assume what he appreciates since most of your post is also assumptions.

They do require a high degree if management. These aren’t lonely BLM trails.
both are government owned land and both are subject to closure and high regulation

You can’t have stuck Crosstreks in high use, highly managed National Parks.
now YOU are disparaging Crosstreks. i am being petty here, but that is how you twist things earlier

Folks can take their cheesy blackout flag draped ‘don’t tread on me’ attitude and get stuck somewhere outside the boundaries of Canyonlands, if that’ll satisfy their childish disdain for ‘rulz.’
not sure what "folks" you are lumping into this discussion now. definitely dont get what cheesy blackout flag you are referring to and what people are you referring to that need to "satisify their childish disdain for rulz" now you are shaking your fist at another imaginary group that you conjured up out of thin air.

i read the post you are referring to and the member who posted it, bgenlvtex, has a long history of good posts that are insightful and generally very accurate. i appreciate people posting like that because it gives me the occasion to read other peoples thoughts and ideas and then reflect on something outside of my own head. thats how we grow intellectually. i dont like seeing that being attacked like it was because that will discourage good people from posting in the future.
you are a member on here, so i will gladly give you the assumption of being a good dude that means well but just had an off post. this is a public forum...so those people that call out other people can and will get called out themselves. fair is fair.

Last edited: