North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

jseamanav

Rank 0

Traveler I

Just saying hello to all NC here, I'm in the Greensboro area and looking forward to meeting up with members, just getting into overlanding, and building my 1994 4runner up to hit some trails. Also I hit up the Wilmington area along with Carolina Beach and Ft. Fisher if there are any members in that area up to hang for a day on the beach.

Reactions: Junktj

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Made it down to Richland road today. It was a spur of the moment, can't do what I had planned today so let's go for a drive thing. It was a little more difficult than I remembered , but fun in a stock truck. This video was the first section , where the road goes into the creek and this is the climb out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graeman

Preston Gladd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Gladd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5LAF
Service Branch
Army
Hello! I am in the Asheville area and am new to OB, but not new to "overlanding". I have a 2017 Ram 2500 MegaCab Diesel and a 1980 CJ5, but I am still working on the CJ. Just wanted to say hello and drop my name in the NC thread here! I also have a YT channel www.youtube.com/prestongladd (not sure if we can plug YT channels on OB forums, if not please let me know)

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Hello! I am in the Asheville area and am new to OB, but not new to "overlanding". I have a 2017 Ram 2500 MegaCab Diesel and a 1980 CJ5, but I am still working on the CJ. Just wanted to say hello and drop my name in the NC thread here! I also have a YT channel www.youtube.com/prestongladd (not sure if we can plug YT channels on OB forums, if not please let me know)
Welcome to OB, nice setup and videos.

4WLO

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi all,
Thought I'd say hi in this thread.
Outdoor enthusiast and lover of road trips. Figured I just combine the two and start another adventure.
I'm here in Raleigh, NC

,4WLO

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
BTW....I'm mostly in Raleigh but spend alot of time in Banner Elk/Boone area(194). So once I fix these leaky boots it's on. LOL
Hello. I actually live between boone and banner elk (foscoe).
Next time you are up this way and are down for some trail riding let me know

Reactions: RickLB and Big E

Traveler I

Just saying hello.. I live in south charlotte but I am going to be up in Marion/Asheville area a lot this summer and would love to hit some trails. I am a pure amateur but looking to learn. I currently have a 2017 Ford Raptor and while I know its not the best at off roading on the east coast, I really love it and want to keep it and give it a shot. Worst that can happen is I put some bruises on it and get something else that can do what I need to.

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Just saying hello.. I live in south charlotte but I am going to be up in Marion/Asheville area a lot this summer and would love to hit some trails. I am a pure amateur but looking to learn. I currently have a 2017 Ford Raptor and while I know its not the best at off roading on the east coast, I really love it and want to keep it and give it a shot. Worst that can happen is I put some bruises on it and get something else that can do what I need to.
Marion is less than an hour from me, so maybe we can get a group together to do some trail riding this summer!

Reactions: CharlotteRaptor

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

That would be cool. Hope to have a few small things fixed on the tj in the next week or two and would like to ride Richland again...
Before y'all go...dig a little deeper on Richland Rd. Last word was the road is being gated and closed as private property. The State has dropped it maintenance and supervision of the road and the locals have lobbied to make it a private road way. There is a Facebook post about it on Carolina Overlanders.

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Before y'all go...dig a little deeper on Richland Rd. Last word was the road is being gated and closed as private property. The State has dropped it maintenance and supervision of the road and the locals have lobbied to make it a private road way. There is a Facebook post about it on Carolina Overlanders.
I have heard rumors of this for years, and thanks for the heads up!
Any idea how long Richland road has been closed??