North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

PaulK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Spruce Pine, NC
Member #

Sundays if I know in advance are very doable for me. Just happens that today I have some work to do for my church. Any other sunday is good. I work from home so I can basically shift days around too. If a thursday is particularly plausible and I can plan a couple days in advance, i can shift my days easily enough to make a thursday happen as well.

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
New member here from Boone, NC...

If anyone is ever up this way and down for a easy trail ride (all the difficult stuff is gone) hit me up. A few easier rides in this area are the dust bowl on beech, and the loop down around roseborrow.

Reactions: tsingson

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Unfortunately I will be down at the coast this weekend.
I hope to have my camper and TJ ready to trail ride in the next few weeks.
Hope to ride uwharrie the second weekend it is open ( opening weekend is crazy busy)
Let me know if you would like to trail ride maybe in a couple weekends...

Reactions: tsteb112

PaulK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Spruce Pine, NC
Member #

Absolutely, but my time is usually relegated to local weekend day trips as I work during the week and cant leave my wife with the baby for too long (unless she wants to come along with the little one).

Reactions: Junktj

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Hope to ride uwharrie the second weekend it is open ( opening weekend is crazy busy)
I’ll be posting up and keeping touch on this for when uwharrie opens this year. It would be cool to meet some new faces from the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamBarrows

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am also located in Boone,NC with my TJ. Would love to get out and ride some trails

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TLC-Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Could not make last weekend but I'm available first weekend in March if anyone interested in riding Hurricane Creek. We can do on overnighter or just run the trail for the day. Let me know!

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
So, just read something on a new offroad park supposedly in the valle crucis area (5 minutes from boone NC). Very little details on their web site. Funny, this is 5 minutes from my house, and only read about it today. Place is called patriot mountain.
If anyone gets any info on this place please pass it along...

Reactions: tsteb112

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Does anyone know anything about the spring open ride at The Shop Off-road Park in Marion NC? Ive never heard of the park.
I have never been, planned on going if I have my heep fixed in time.
I did meet several people at the flats open ride this past fall who had been. They said that park is similar to the flats, mostly geared toward large tire buggies.

The flats was a fun ride, and I imagine the shop would be also.

PaulK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Spruce Pine, NC
Member #

Just to ask, is anyone per chance interested in doing Hurricane Creek to Max Patch this weekend? Maybe Saturday if weather permits? I really want to make that a destination and would love some company.

PaulK

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Spruce Pine, NC
Member #

Cool, i think Saturday is my best option. Lets figure out a time and place to meet up. Somewhere in or near Ashville might make the best place to rendezvous. I think we both have to pass through it to get to hurricane creek.

Hurricane Creek Road /Trail Head: (35.7232856,-83.0263746)