Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Upgraded our Tacoma TRD Off-Road with 4.88 gears from Nitro. Holy comoly, this is how the Tacoma should’ve arrived from the factory. Much better driving/auto trans performance on hilly/mountainous climbs (w/o downshifting the rpm up to 5k). 265 75/16 tires. We took our truck to Southwest Gear in El Paso, those folks did an excellent job.

Richard Derr

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Kent, WA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Derr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
k5rkd
Service Branch
US AIR FORCE
Live in Santa Fe/Pecos. Member number 5270.
Santa Fe New Mexico search and rescue team and New Mexico search and rescue Group.
Going to Mountain West Overland Expo in Colorado.
Anybody else going?

FFJOORD

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tierra Amarilla, NM
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Carrillo
Member #

Live in Santa Fe/Pecos. Member number 5270.
Santa Fe New Mexico search and rescue team and New Mexico search and rescue Group.
Going to Mountain West Overland Expo in Colorado.
Anybody else going?
Sorry I should have checked the posts before I left…it was glorious! Still didn’t see everything though! Ran down to Sedona while it rained.

Reactions: velo47

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone - just found this thread

I live in Albuquerque and have been exploring in a 1 - 8 hour radius. It'd be fun to set up some OB meetup or event in NM. So many fantastic locations to explore
If you need any help getting a meet up started don’t hesitate to message me @Kent R

Nick Malette

Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Mexico, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Malette
Member #

Hello all, my name is Leo. I am in the Albuquerque area as well. Been wanting to check out the area around Socorro.
Hey Leo - South Baldy and Mt Withington are lovely little drives. I did Mt Withington in the fall and scouted some potential camping spots. Took Forest 549 rd south toward Mt Withington, checked out the lookout and came out on rt 107. I'd like to go back to Water Canyon as well. Beautiful area

1646862599234.pngPXL_20211114_224855936.jpg

Reactions: KAIONE

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
Hello,
We just got to Taos in August. I am working a temp detail for the Carson and Santa Fe NF. I need some intel on where to camp and wet a line for trout.
I know, I know, "you work for the USF, just ask your co-workers...." help me out!

Last edited: