Nashville, TN
First Name
David
Last Name
Yancy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4DKY
So I should be getting myself a new rear bumper soon so I'll be sure to check back in here to see if anyone wants to lend a hand with the install [emoji4]
Jeep bumper swaps are generally a piece of cake unless something is wrong with the frame, and I'm pretty close by to you. Post up here when you get it and if I am available, I will be glad to help. I'm just down the road in Thompson's Station and have a metric s#-ton of tools.

Reactions: Tyler.W

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Jeep bumper swaps are generally a piece of cake unless something is wrong with the frame, and I'm pretty close by to you. Post up here when you get it and if I am available, I will be glad to help. I'm just down the road in Thompson's Station and have a metric s#-ton of tools.
I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks for the offer!

Reactions: GoXplore

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Are you planning on building one out or buying a premade one?
I was thinking of buying one, but I'm leaning towards building one now. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what kind I would want (teardrop, cargo trailer with RTT, or a big utility trailer with RTT).

I think the build process would be fun and I could get a lot more for my money. The issue about that is space and I cannot weld. I'm in an apartment now so unless someone nearby wants to be super generous and offer to help and store my build in progress I'll have to wait until I have a garage somewhere [emoji17]

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I was thinking of buying one, but I'm leaning towards building one now. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what kind I would want (teardrop, cargo trailer with RTT, or a big utility trailer with RTT).

I think the build process would be fun and I could get a lot more for my money. The issue about that is space and I cannot weld. I'm in an apartment now so unless someone nearby wants to be super generous and offer to help and store my build in progress I'll have to wait until I have a garage somewhere [emoji17]
What rear bumper did you end up getting? I’m also in Spring Hill not that far from Franklin if you need a hand installing it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

What rear bumper did you end up getting? I’m also in Spring Hill not that far from Franklin if you need a hand installing it.

Thanks for the offer. It should be in on Friday so hopefully I will install it this weekend.

It's a LOD bumper, made in the good ol' USA. I would have gotten one with a swing away tire carrier but this one will do the job for pretty cheap!

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/1996-2006-jeep-tj/rear-bumpers/1996-2006-jeep-tj-lj-xtreme-duty-rear-bumper-464.html

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Thanks for the offer. It should be in on Friday so hopefully I will install it this weekend.

It's a LOD bumper, made in the good ol' USA. I would have gotten one with a swing away tire carrier but this one will do the job for pretty cheap!

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/1996-2006-jeep-tj/rear-bumpers/1996-2006-jeep-tj-lj-xtreme-duty-rear-bumper-464.html
Oh Snap!!!! Bad ass bumper for sure but I’ll be in Windrock this Saturday with some friends that are coming up from Florida to visit. If your not in a hurry with two people it should only be about 1-2hr install I can help you during the week in the afternoon if you want. Correction just saw the rear bumper should take about 30-40 minutes max. Lol I have all the metric and standard ratchet wrenches in my Jeep.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Oh Snap!!!! Bad ass bumper for sure but I’ll be in Windrock this Saturday with some friends that are coming up from Florida to visit. If your not in a hurry with two people it should only be about 1-2hr install I can help you during the week in the afternoon if you want.

Thanks. I'm only available on the weekends but I'll get it done one of these days. I'd be able to do it myself except for the fact I need to drill some holes. I'm not sure I have a big enough drill bit or even a drill that is powerful enough.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Thanks. I'm only available on the weekends but I'll get it done one of these days. I'd be able to do it myself except for the fact I need to drill some holes. I'm not sure I have a big enough drill bit or even a drill that is powerful enough.
What size drill bit you need? I have a cordless 1/2 drill as well should be quick.

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

If you are drilling 1/2 holes through steel I highly recommend low speed setting on your drill and use cutting oil. If not, you will burn the bit up.

sent from my not so bright smart phone

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

If you are drilling 1/2 holes through steel I highly recommend low speed setting on your drill and use cutting oil. If not, you will burn the bit up.

Yes sir!! I also have step bits and I use oil on anything I drill into metal

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

If you need bigger I have a step bit that will go to 3/4.

Thanks brother. I have some as well when I was in the Elevator Union in Miami I use to collect extra bits of all sizes!![emoji12][emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Reactions: EisenYota