Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hitchikers’ Guide is definitely awesome, books are better but I do enjoy the different takes offered by the movies and TV series that have come out over the years. If you have not seen Best in Show or any of the other Christopher Guest (and crew) movies they are definitely worth a watch.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
You tube is hard work and it takes away from the back country experience in more ways than one. Back in my jeep days my son in law, who is a tech wizard by profession, and I spent nearly 4 hours making a 4 minute video. I then made a vid exploring the WRT, and another 3 part series on the Needles in southern Utah. They aren’t very good and were meant to be shared with family and friends. Early on I also did a trailer walk around and a solar panel install. That was all 10-15 years ago. Now, on occasion I’ll download a 1 or 2 minute clip of one of my hobbies, and share it with family & friends. Sometimes I’ll post up a very short vid here that is part of an answer or an important visual of my dialog. That’s it. I do not subscribe to anyones overland videos on YouTube, I’d rather experience where we explore, first hand and not through the eyes of another.

I am a patreon of ASPW. We will probably never go to South Africa, or for that matter Australia. He does not have a corporate sponsor because he is honest about products and no company wants a bad review of their cheesy products. His story telling, his vehicle outfitting, his cinematography and editing skills and lack of outside advertisers is worth every penny of the $5.00 a month we spend on his channel. Tis no different than subscribing to advertisement free television. Here is one of my “other” vids that I will shamelessly post up. If one of you enjoy it, then I put a smile on someone’s face.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
You tube is hard work and it takes away from the back country experience in more ways than one. Back in my jeep days my son in law, who is a tech wizard by profession, and I spent nearly 4 hours making a 4 minute video. I then made a vid exploring the WRT, and another 3 part series on the Needles in southern Utah. They aren’t very good and were meant to be shared with family and friends. Early on I also did a trailer walk around and a solar panel install. That was all 10-15 years ago. Now, on occasion I’ll download a 1 or 2 minute clip of one of my hobbies, and share it with family & friends. Sometimes I’ll post up a very short vid here that is part of an answer or an important visual of my dialog. That’s it. I do not subscribe to anyones overland videos on YouTube, I’d rather experience where we explore, first hand and not through the eyes of another.

I am a patreon of ASPW. We will probably never go to South Africa, or for that matter Australia. He does not have a corporate sponsor because he is honest about products and no company wants a bad review of their cheesy products. His story telling, his vehicle outfitting, his cinematography and editing skills and lack of outside advertisers is worth every penny of the $5.00 a month we spend on his channel. Tis no different than subscribing to advertisement free television. Here is one of my “other” vids that I will shamelessly post up. If one of you enjoy it, then I put a smile on someone’s face.
I can smell the ozone now!

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm and MOAK

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Well, we had a late night movie session last night and have now checked Idiocrocy off the list. Definately funny, although probably should not be considering the way things are going in this world.... Will be worth a second viewing to see what we missed..lol