My DIY rear tire/fuel carrier using stock bumper

• HTML tutorial

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

Many days and I finally finished my v1.0 of my rear carrier set up. I did this on my 4Runner, but it can apply to most any vehicle. I have many ask me about it, so I made a video! I still want to make some improvements, but that will be for v1.1 :sunglasses:

Let me know what you think!

Awesome job bro! Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheAdventurousMind

TheAdventurousMind

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yorba Linda, CA
Member #

It looks good! Do you plan on producing them?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I might. I've had a bunch of requests. I was originally going to draw it in CAD, then decided to wing it and just throw it together. Might go back and used my build for measurements and draw it in CAD like I was originally going to. This will probably be months away though. I want to test this out for a bit and work any bugs out.

Reactions: Jorrie

Thomas Fuller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Fuller
Member #

Impressed!! Looks beautiful and we'll thought out. How's the shake or rattle when you drive? Dying to figure something out for my Sierra, the video may have inspired some ideas :)

TheAdventurousMind

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yorba Linda, CA
Member #

Impressed!! Looks beautiful and we'll thought out. How's the shake or rattle when you drive? Dying to figure something out for my Sierra, the video may have inspired some ideas :)
First use with the tire, I did a 3 day trip out to AZ from CA with off-roading from Phoenix to Flagstaff plus Sedona. By time I got home, there was a very minor movement on the tire. Trail friends said that there was zero movement on the trail. I tightened the bolts and haven't had an issue since. I think things just settled in to place.

The tire sits close too and I have zero worries of it hitting the hatch any.

TheAdventurousMind

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yorba Linda, CA
Member #

That view though! Haha. What aftermarket cameras are people using for their rear bumper set ups? Good news is, I'm learning how to use my mirrors again!! You don't realize how some technology creates bad habits over time.

Reactions: Rocky

Thomas Fuller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Calgary, Alberta
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Fuller
Member #

That view though! Haha. What aftermarket cameras are people using for their rear bumper set ups? Good news is, I'm learning how to use my mirrors again!! You don't realize how some technology creates bad habits over time.

Garmin BC30 is what I plan on using, it transmits to my GPS wireless,and can be mounted wherever if ya really want

Reactions: Eduardo Muñiz