Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well finally, my baby is double locked, front and rear ARB air locker with steel braided air lines and a 4:88 re-gear. Finished her today, Dan at Taylor Axelworks installed the lockers and did the re-gear. Dan is an awesome person and does great work, so if you need any work done head up to Diamond Springs and see Dan.

fullsizeoutput_b03.jpegfullsizeoutput_b04.jpegfullsizeoutput_b05.jpegIMG_2588.JPGIMG_2589.JPGIMG_2590.JPGIMG_2591.JPGIMG_2596.JPGfullsizeoutput_b06.jpegIMG_2598.JPGIMG_2599.JPGfullsizeoutput_b07.jpegfullsizeoutput_b08.jpegIMG_2623.JPGIMG_2624.JPGb36VhH5zThaa4NTAdZ3ANg.jpgkVQz7DaBTS6HiPHOsVKbVQ.jpgfullsizeoutput_b0a.jpegfullsizeoutput_b0b.jpegX2l%cEQ0T3q84ht8XdA8vw.jpgX2l%cEQ0T3q84ht8XdA8vw.jpgfullsizeoutput_b0d.jpeg

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Well got C2 Scene lights wired and working. The Chase Bar is mounted, but wiring has to wait until I get my new rear bumper. It's coming together! We will be ready for our full-time Overland adventures in one year, ten months, 23 days, 22 hour and thirteen mins but who's counting!!!

As nice as these scene lights are it's pretty stressful to cut a 3" x 1/2" hole into the roof of your rig, even though I used a cable gland!View attachment 107289View attachment 107290View attachment 107291View attachment 107292View attachment 107293View attachment 107294
Do you happen to have a picture of the light pattern?
Are you happy with the level of light output?

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Do you happen to have a picture of the light pattern?
Are you happy with the level of light output?
I haven't taken a picture of the light pattern, but yes I am very happy with the C2 scene light output. Not too much brightness, but just enough light to do thing around the rig. They're even better with my SPOD because I can use the SPOD app and dim them if needed.

Ikram

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Ikram
Last Name
Syed
In your installation did both products(charger and 2nd battery) qualified for the hot under the hood area installation?
Also is your 2nd battery a deep cycle battery?
I need to install a deep cycle battery but was not sure which type will survive the heat better (in Texas)

I am in the process of converting my lx470 to a camper/overland rig and planning to do similar installation for battery.

Ikram

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Ikram
Last Name
Syed
Well this happened. @Firemom and I installed our dual battery system and Redarc BCDC 1225D DCDC to DC charger yesterday. Fairly easy install, had to make our own mount for the Redarc charger. Used a C4 Fabrication dual battery tray and got the battery at Sears, but everything else was picked up on Amazon. Built the entire set-up for under $900.00

View attachment 110087View attachment 110088View attachment 110089View attachment 110090View attachment 110091View attachment 110092View attachment 110093View attachment 110094View attachment 110095View attachment 110096View attachment 110097View attachment 110098View attachment 110099View attachment 110100
Thanks for sharing the pictures

In your installation did both products(charger and 2nd battery) qualified for the hot under the hood area installation?
I need to install a deep cycle battery but was not sure which type will survive the heat better (in Texas)

I am in the process of converting my lx470 to a camper/overland rig and planning to do similar installation for battery.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Next week, FJ Cruiser Transfer case swap..... Stay tuned..View attachment 121116
I cant imagine the cost you have incurred by making this change over but I know it was an arm and a leg by my standards. May I ask, why are you changing out the transfer case. My big question is did your rig ever fail go take you somewhere you wanted to go but couldn't because of the gearing or the lockers ?

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Yes the battery is an deep cycle AGM battery. They are both also rated for the heat. It gets pretty hot in the summer where we live in NORCAL. In the summer it can get up 112 and I haven't had any problems. I bought a little 55 amp hour Die Hard AGM battery but will be changing it out for a better battery in the future. I can't complain though the battery only cost $160.00 at Sears.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I cant imagine the cost you have incurred by making this change over but I know it was an arm and a leg by my standards. May I ask, why are you changing out the transfer case. My big question is did your rig ever fail go take you somewhere you wanted to go but couldn't because of the gearing or the lockers ?
Sorry about the late response,,, No it went everywhere I asked it to, but the electronic actuator on the 4runner case died and to replace that would have cost between $700 and $1,500 to replace and plus my time to do it and then I would have to worry about the possibility of it happening again in the future.

I did the swap for right at $500.00 (parts cost) and did the work myself... So it wasn't too bad.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Sorry about the late response,,, No it went everywhere I asked it to, but the electronic actuator on the 4runner case died and to replace that would have cost between $700 and $1,500 to replace and plus my time to do it and then I would have to worry about the possibility of it happening again in the future.

I did the swap for right at $500.00 (parts cost) and did the work myself... So it wasn't too bad.
Excellent, I like stories like yours ! Good job

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #