Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello in the Overland Bound community. I have started building my 2015 4Runner. So far I am just in the early stages, but I have managed the following mods: First was a gear storage box, got the windows tinted (glaring sun, YUK) and a TOYTEC BOSS 2.5, extended travel 3" suspension lift with adjustable UCA's.

I did some research and decided that even though I had never done any suspension work I would try and do it myself. Through all of my research everything said this job would take about six hours, it took me three days and it was well worth the time. I must say this process took away a lot of apprehension on doing the work myself. I have to give a big shout out to Wonderlost Overland for putting together such a great installation video, it helped a lot!

As I stay on this adventure I will keep everyone advised of my progress. Next step Sliders and tires / wheels.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Look into 4xinnovations.com i just installed there rock sliders on my 5th gen TRD off road. Very well built bolt on sliders and ordered on a tuesday, got delivery 6 days later.
Absolutely, thanks for the info! I'll check them right now!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello in the Overland Bound community. I have started building my 2015 4Runner. So far I am just in the early stages, but I have managed the following mods: First was a gear storage box, got the windows tinted (glaring sun, YUK) and a TOYTEC BOSS 2.5, extended travel 3" suspension lift with adjustable UCA's.

I did some research and decided that even though I had never done any suspension work I would try and do it myself. Through all of my research everything said this job would take about six hours, it took me three days and it was well worth the time. I must say this process took away a lot of apprehension on doing the work myself. I have to give a big shout out to Wonderlost Overland for putting together such a great installation video, it helped a lot!

As I stay on this adventure I will keep everyone advised of my progress. Next step Sliders and tires / wheels.
Newest MOD, its small but awesome!

IMG_6642.JPGIMG_6643.JPG

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Mike, did you have to do the body mod chop for your BFG KO2’s 285/70/17s?
No, not with the 3” lift. Had a tiny bit of rubbing out in the desert, but nothing noteworthy.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well I did a lot of hunting and found my Rock sliders! CALI-FAB. These guys are awesome! $600 and they were in stock!!

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Well it been about 6 months and my baby is coming together! From a no frills SUV to a capable Overland vehicle!! That you all for your input and support!

Before:

IMG_6671.JPG

After: IMG_7279.JPG

More to follow!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I was able to squeeze another 2" memory foam mattress in with the original mattress (not their upgraded mattress). If it turns out you need more padding that could be an option for you. I'm a side sleeper with skinny hips and Tepui said they didn't think their upgraded mattress alone would be enough for me.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I was able to squeeze another 2" memory foam mattress in with the original mattress (not their upgraded mattress). If it turns out you need more padding that could be an option for you. I'm a side sleeper with skinny hips and Tepui said they didn't think their upgraded mattress alone would be enough for me.
We got they’re brand new 7th Heaven mattress that about double the thickness of the standard mattress! I’ll let you know how it works!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

We got they’re brand new 7th Heaven mattress that about double the thickness of the standard mattress! I’ll let you know how it works!
Please do! Especially in cold temps. Last weekend it dropped below 20F in the Sierra and the foam hardened up. When it finally collapses and forms to your body it will leave a depression for a couple of minutes if you move. It was like lying in sand at the beach. lol

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Please do! Especially in cold temps. Last weekend it dropped below 20F in the Sierra and the foam hardened up. When it finally collapses and forms to your body it will leave a depression for a couple of minutes if you move. It was like lying in sand at the beach. lol
LOL, sounds like my pillow!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

The truck looks great. It looks taller in person. I was in front of you from the intersection in Cool until the stoplight in Auburn. Was that your wife in front of me? I was in a dark grey CRV with mountain bikes on the back.