• HTML tutorial

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
What is the most expensive thing that you have personally broken? Anything goes - household item, vehicle or component, tool or item at work, body part, your own or some one else's. Bonus points if you have broken the same thing more than once!

Reactions: OTH Overland

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Does tearing the door off of a new corvette count? wasn't mine btw.
besides that.....destroying motors, axles, drive shafts, frames... shouldn't count. Shredded tires and body panels are just part of rock wheeling so, that's normal maintenance. They would get me bonus points for "multiple times though".
Broken bank account for the above mentioned items???

Gawd, good one. drawing a blank here.

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Well on my person it would definitely be the result of a motorcycle crash, detached foot bone from leg bone, cracked three ribs and a thumb, north of $25k in repairs to the body, $500 to the bike which was still rideable. did not repeat the crash, but did get to repeat the surgery on the ankle 15 years later as the fix on the ankle failed for another $28k if that counts for a repeat lol As far as vehicle travel off road my pride has taken a few hits over the years.. I.e. hold my soda and watch me....lol

Reactions: DintDobbs

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I crashed my brand-new 2016 Ducati Monster 821 the day I bought it. That sucked...Definitely my most expensive oopsie.

Overlanding/off-roading specific: Can't really think of an expensive breakage - mostly just maintenance charges.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
OK I'll play - a long time ago, (1979) in a place far far away, (Huntington Beach) I was operating a 12-14 ton IR street roller doing a large job on Beach Blvd. An inspector insisted that I cross roll each end of the job. I told him that's what the little roller is for. He insisted. I radioed my boss. He said go ahead. The inspector insisted on being the guy on the ground and waved off my guy. (Hey, we were all just kids to him.) As he was signaling me slowly forward a look of horror filled his eyes, he backed me off quickly, just about that time water shot up high into the air. I'd broken off a fire hydrant. The hydrant itself wasn't all that expensive, but the inspector had us pave over the shut off. It took hours to shut it off, meanwhile well over 100,000 dollars in damage to all the businesses down in the strip mall. Miraculously I didn't get fired, Vern, the owner/boss stood by my side. Fought it with the city, the inspector was fired, HB insurance footed the bill. Best employer ever.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Turned a HUMVEE into a crack head. Managed to tear a wheel off a HUMVEE. Had to replace all the Ballistic glass in another HUMVEE because I didn't dodge fast enough. Had the coms system in a HUMVEE get fried because I didn't double check my soldier's wiring job and it shorted out. Got Divorced

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

A deer tried to leap into the loving arms of my Jeep wednesday night. Insurance estimates over 4k, we'll see what it actually ends up being.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Transmission in Brutus, my Ram 2500. Replaced it with an upgraded unit at the cost of $8250 including labor.