Rank II

Enthusiast I

Mt Juliet, TN
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Zimmermann
Member #

Hi guys - I want to try to make this process more clear. Seems like its confusing and probably needs to be updated. Your activation email should come immediately and certainly within 3 minutes. That should have your Member Number and activation link. If you do not get an email that is titled, "Welcome to the Crew! Membership Activation" almost immediately, there is something wrong. In this case, looking at the records, we see the email was sent, but that does NOT mean you got it. Can you look for that email? Check spam too?

It's clear to us at this point that the process needs to be improved, now we are trying to find what we can do to improve it. Any info is helpful!

Fixed your account.

M[/QUOTE]

I am having this same issue. I signed up as a member about a week ago now and still have not seen the email to upgrade my forum account.

Reactions: Maui

ChrisJB

Rank II

Enthusiast I

North Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Batt
Member #

Hey Guys. I bought the membership yesterday and apparently I was also supposed to get an activation email? I have not received anything (i did check my SPAM) except an email regarding my store account. I did send an email to info@overlandbound.com but wasn't sure if that was the correct contact for support.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Guys. I bought the membership yesterday and apparently I was also supposed to get an activation email? I have not received anything (i did check my SPAM) except an email regarding my store account. I did send an email to info@overlandbound.com but wasn't sure if that was the correct contact for support.
support@overlandbound.com is the correct email address

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
It is but it looks like your account is upgraded.....

Peelfp

Rank I

Traveler I

West Des Moines
First Name
Fredrick
Last Name
Peel
Member #

I’m in the same situation, got a welcome email, but no activation instructions. I have received my member number, but still have a guest account.

Thanks for the assist!

peelfp

Famous

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Carlsbad, California 92010, United States
First Name
Drew
Last Name
C
Member #

Good morning, I signed up a couple days ago - did not get the activation email. I DID get an email saying to look for the "Welcome to the crew" email but it never arrived. Order # 35819

BTW - checked spam and whatnot - no sign of the activation. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Good morning, I signed up a couple days ago - did not get the activation email. I DID get an email saying to look for the "Welcome to the crew" email but it never arrived. Order # 35819

BTW - checked spam and whatnot - no sign of the activation. Did I miss a step somewhere?
All done, finish your profile if not already done......

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I got a member number and upgraded my account (or at least thought i did) but I still don’t have access to the maps or any of the member features

OB# 26211

Thanks, Ashley
Log out and log back in..... IF still have issues make a post in the support area at bottom of website.

Jim

OvrlndXPlore

Rank III

Member III

New London, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Enache
Member #

I recently upgraded my account as well and did not initially have member access within the app. I found that I had to initiate the membership upgrade while I don’t have the app installed on my device (iPhone, in my case). Once the membership was upgraded, I reinstalled the app, logged in and all was working as expected.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jazz Unit

Jazz Unit

Rank III

Contributor III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Jazz
Last Name
Unit
Member #

I recently upgraded my account as well and did not initially have member access within the app. I found that I had to initiate the membership upgrade while I don’t have the app installed on my device (iPhone, in my case). Once the membership was upgraded, I reinstalled the app, logged in and all was working as expected.
Hope this helps.
This also worked for me ☝

Reactions: OvrlndXPlore
Status
Not open for further replies.