DarthTaco

Rank 0

Contributor II

Vermont, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Minchin
Hi everyone, my name is Stephen, just got into overlanding but a life time lover of the outdoors and camping .

Just purchased a 23 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Added a Alu Cab Contour Canopy and Free Spirit Recreation Aspen V2 RTT. I live in northern Vermont and looking to get out there and enjoy the outdoors! Can’t wait to make some new friends along the way too. Cheers!

Subbie Do Doug

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Freeport, Walton County, Florida, United States
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Hensley
Member #

Service Branch
USAF/NATO
Hi everyone,
Subbie Do “Doug”
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
2”lift
Under armor
Sliders
3 peak tires (Toyo)
A lot of outdoor experience (on foot)
Front country car camping
Some off road driving

Looking to get into the overlanding lifestyle.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.
Thanks,
Reading a lot of information to set myself up for success. I’ve watched the CDT border to border. I have driven some less manicured roads in Death Valley(Artist Loop) and East Tennessee (Paint Rock road and Round Knob Road). Looking to change the stock RR and put on a RTT.
Any advice would help.

Reactions: roots66

Subbie Do Doug

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Freeport, Walton County, Florida, United States
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Hensley
Member #

Service Branch
USAF/NATO
Hi everyone, my name is Stephen, just got into overlanding but a life time lover of the outdoors and camping .

Just purchased a 23 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Added a Alu Cab Contour Canopy and Free Spirit Recreation Aspen V2 RTT. I live in northern Vermont and looking to get out there and enjoy the outdoors! Can’t wait to make some new friends along the way too. Cheers!
Like you I’m new to this as well. It seems like the right time to take this step.

Reactions: DarthTaco

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to OB from us all in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Howdy folks! Tom in North Texas here. Looking for a meetup, travel planning and first real overlanding trip (short route, one or two nights). It would be great to make a trip during the fall of '24.
Thanks folks! Be safe out there.
Tom
Hi there Tom,

Welcome to OB from us all in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks,
Reading a lot of information to set myself up for success. I’ve watched the CDT border to border. I have driven some less manicured roads in Death Valley(Artist Loop) and East Tennessee (Paint Rock road and Round Knob Road). Looking to change the stock RR and put on a RTT.
Any advice would help.
Sounds like you are pretty well set up already. No need to go crazy outfitting your rig unless you plan to do something extreme. Just know your and your vehicle's limits and respect them. Biggest upgrade is knowledge. Buy just what you need to start, go out, take notes, modify as needed. It's a constantly evolving process, so don't focus on the goal, but the adventure along the way.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Stephen
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone!

Brandon here, I live in South Africa, and have a 2007 Subaru Forester XT that i use as my daily/ weekend toy. Love driving in sand as well. I would love to completely overland my rig, but doing it slowly in time. Current upgrades are Peddars full suspension, the photos attached are from a recent trip into Namibia. Planning to go again, but include Botswana, and drive up to the Angolan border.

Cheers!

View attachment 285320View attachment 285321
Greetings Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound!