2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
2”lift
Under armor
Sliders
3 peak tires (Toyo)
A lot of outdoor experience (on foot)
Front country car camping
Some off road driving

Looking to get into the overlanding lifestyle.
Welcome to the OB community Doug from us all in France.

Enjoy the Subaru they're great cars.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
LR Defender 1987
Experienced overlander
Hi from Bodrum / Turkey
I am Hüseyin Yılmaz and i am running a business about producing LR Defender parts& accessories in Bodrum / Turkey.
I am opening my land in Bodrum / Kızılağaç for the international overlanders free. Free internet access ,water. electricty, free&safe camping site for all overlanders around the world. Im not runing a camping business and no food or drinks serving in the property. But You can pick free eggs from the chicken coop and if you and i are lucky and if i caugth fish that day i can give fish also.
My son, wife and i are planning to go on world tour with MAN TGM 18240 in 2 years. We want to meet international overlanders and listen their inspiring stories.
My property is 6000metersquare. You can make your camp surrounded by olive trees and the best coast of Bodrum is 5mins by vehicle and 12-15mins by bicycle from the property. You can make camp as long as you want. And also you can use any tools free in the company if your vehicle needs any fixments or maintanence.
We dont want and accept any payments. All we want is meeting for you the overlanders.
You can contact me from the overlandbound community .
Here is the location of my property.

Hi Hüseyin,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That's a nice offer with the spot for overlanders. Thank you.

I just was in Turkey. Beautiful country, nice people and a lot to see.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Everyone!

Brandon here, I live in South Africa, and have a 2007 Subaru Forester XT that i use as my daily/ weekend toy. Love driving in sand as well. I would love to completely overland my rig, but doing it slowly in time. Current upgrades are Peddars full suspension, the photos attached are from a recent trip into Namibia. Planning to go again, but include Botswana, and drive up to the Angolan border.

Cheers!

View attachment 285320View attachment 285321
Hi Brandon,

If you like, get in touch with our Africa Ambassador @Get Out GO Christoff knows there area very well.

Enjoy your trips!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello everyone - new to the group and just getting started with overlanding, and excited to do more trips.

Pics of me, the family and my rig are below.
Location - San Francisco Bay Area / South Bay (Fremont)
Rig - 2022 Land Rover Defender 110 P400, suspension lift, 35" wheels and plenty of other off-roading modifications
Experience - Novice...but built my rig to get far deeper into the madness.
View attachment 285342View attachment 285343
Hi Avanish,

That's a nice New Defender. Enjoy.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hello Everyone!

Brandon here, I live in South Africa, and have a 2007 Subaru Forester XT that i use as my daily/ weekend toy. Love driving in sand as well. I would love to completely overland my rig, but doing it slowly in time. Current upgrades are Peddars full suspension, the photos attached are from a recent trip into Namibia. Planning to go again, but include Botswana, and drive up to the Angolan border.

Cheers!

View attachment 285320View attachment 285321
Welcome to Overland Bound Brandon!