Stockton, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Valadez
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6RKX
Welcome to Overland Bound Mark
Could you edit your profile to include a city or town, this helps members and the app to get you local information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you
City added

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

I’m Josh and I just happened across this page looking for ideas on building by overland rig.

Rig: 97 Ram 1500
Experience: novice
Hi Josh,

Welcome to the OB community from us in France.

Good Luck with the new build you will find plenty of advice and encouragement in these forums.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hello, my name is Mark. I stumbled across this site, and it looks promising and I hoping to learn a lot.

Rig: Subaru Outback Wilderness
Experience: Little to none with a cage, but some with the motorcycle (BMW 1150 GS - sold it for various reasons) and extensive backpacking experience.
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the OB community from us all in France.

Nice bike! Shame you had to sell it. Life can be unfair sometimes but it usually works out for the best in the long term.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, my name is Mark. I stumbled across this site, and it looks promising and I hoping to learn a lot.

Experience: Little to none with a cage, but some with the motorcycle (BMW 1150 GS - sold it for various reasons) and extensive backpacking experience.
Greetings Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo mark
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Delta-Sierra

Rank II

Contributor II

Livermore, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Steger
Member #

Hello to all... Just wanted to introduce myself as I just became member this month. My name is Dave, I'm from Livermore, CA and drive a 98' Toyota 4Runner SR5. I'm new to Overlanding and I'm excited to learn and to meet a bunch of you!! Thanks for having me and hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up at some point! Have a great week and see ya out there!!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello to all... Just wanted to introduce myself as I just became member this month. My name is Dave, I'm from Livermore, CA and drive a 98' Toyota 4Runner SR5. I'm new to Overlanding and I'm excited to learn and to meet a bunch of you!! Thanks for having me and hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up at some point! Have a great week and see ya out there!!
Hello Dave, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM

Hello Mark, welcome to the community, I am in Galt so if you are near here get in touch if you want to get out. Always looking to explore along Hwy 4, 88, 50 or 80. Just upgraded to a newer rig so I am itching to get out and see what it can do.

Markus

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Dave and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo David
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave
You have a great meetup in your area that is organized by @TrailHawkGuy, it can be found on the map.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Delta-Sierra

Rank II

Contributor II

Livermore, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Steger
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Dave
You have a great meetup in your area that is organized by @TrailHawkGuy, it can be found on the map.
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Hey Kent! Thanks so much for the heads up. I saw that! Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one, but I will definitely be attending at some point once my schedule allows. Have a great weekend and be safe out there!

BrendanH

Rank 0

Contributor II

NYC, NY, USA
First Name
bRE
Last Name
hEA
Thanks for the add folks. I'm Brendan and I'm located in NYC and know zero about overlanding. Looking to find some good spots to drive to and camp out! I've got a tent and a sleeping bag...that's about it! But looking forward to learning what I need to get out and have some fun drives!
2014 Gen1 Raptor.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Thanks for the add folks. I'm Brendan and I'm located in NYC and know zero about overlanding. Looking to find some good spots to drive to and camp out! I've got a tent and a sleeping bag...that's about it! But looking forward to learning what I need to get out and have some fun drives!
2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Welcome!
My advice would be, learn as much as you can on tread lightly (they have an overlanding specific section too), safety (both first aid and just being safe off road), and off-road etiquette. and link up with a few folks in your area for good places to go... then GO! your Raptor is an extremely capable rig out of the box (for a ford :smirk:) and will surprise you on what it's capable of before adding any "must haves".

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi David,

Welcome to OB from us all in France.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Hi there Brendan,

Welcome to the OB community from us all in France

Enjoy what you have and don't get caught in the gear trap if possible, spend your money on travel.

Cheers Paul and Nicky

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Hello Brendan, welcome to Overland Bound.