freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thanks for the add folks. I'm Brendan and I'm located in NYC and know zero about overlanding. Looking to find some good spots to drive to and camp out! I've got a tent and a sleeping bag...that's about it! But looking forward to learning what I need to get out and have some fun drives!
2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Hello Brendan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add folks. I'm Brendan and I'm located in NYC and know zero about overlanding. Looking to find some good spots to drive to and camp out! I've got a tent and a sleeping bag...that's about it! But looking forward to learning what I need to get out and have some fun drives!
2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Welcome To Overland Bound Brendan
@Ethan N is a great resource in the east, you might message him to help get started.
Also for the Raptor, @socialpants has done a great build on I believe a first gen and he has lots of tips.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Hallo Brendan
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Room210

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Stockton, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Valadez
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6RKX
Hello Mark, welcome to the community, I am in Galt so if you are near here get in touch if you want to get out. Always looking to explore along Hwy 4, 88, 50 or 80. Just upgraded to a newer rig so I am itching to get out and see what it can do.

Markus
Hi Markus,
Is there a Central Valley meet up? I really have zero experience in car overlanding.

Offroadtails

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Galt, California
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DZM
There was one in Modesto a while back, but with other time commitments he had to step back on leading those. One was also in Elk Grove, but there COVID killed that one. I would like to get one started up in the Lodi, Galt & Elk Grove area, but I personally am new to this as well so leading a meeting and finding guest speakers is a bit more than I can do right now. There a small group of us that stay in contact through text messaging and do day trips mostly. I can include you as well if you would like. DM me, I am open to any day or overnight trips most weekends. Most trails that I explore are on the easier side right now. I would like to go and run corral hollow and bowman lake soon.

Markus

Room210

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Stockton, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Valadez
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6RKX
There was one in Modesto a while back, but with other time commitments he had to step back on leading those. One was also in Elk Grove, but there COVID killed that one. I would like to get one started up in the Lodi, Galt & Elk Grove area, but I personally am new to this as well so leading a meeting and finding guest speakers is a bit more than I can do right now. There a small group of us that stay in contact through text messaging and do day trips mostly. I can include you as well if you would like. DM me, I am open to any day or overnight trips most weekends. Most trails that I explore are on the easier side right now. I would like to go and run corral hollow and bowman lake soon.

Markus
That's sounds great! I'll DM you my text details. Some easy day trips would be great, to get some car related experience under my belt.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
2014 Gen1 Raptor.
Hi Brendan and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All thank you for having me
Erwin
From Northern California been overlanding since 2019
2019 Toyota Tacoma OR
Welcome to Overland Bound
Could you edit your profile to include a city or town, this helps members and the app to get you local information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly!
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com