Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fresno, Fresno County, California, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Macias
Member #

Hi I'm Terri and I live in the Cruise area of France. I have a 2004 Lada Niva that likes being fixed a lot ! She is great fun though. We're a bit of a novice with overlanding but have good friends that are teaching us loads. Mainly that land-rovers have a higher clearance than my niva even with a lift! lol. We enjoy days out exploring tracks and having great adventures. Life is too short to stick to main roads and have a clean car.
Welcome To Overland Bound Terri
One of Our European Ambassadors is Bjoern Eldracher @El-Dracho, he has a wealth of knowledge in your area. Bjoern can also advise who is your closest Overland Bound Local Expert.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
Mid Europe
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Welcome Terri

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi I'm Terri and I live in the Cruise area of France. I have a 2004 Lada Niva that likes being fixed a lot ! She is great fun though. We're a bit of a novice with overlanding but have good friends that are teaching us loads. Mainly that land-rovers have a higher clearance than my niva even with a lift! lol. We enjoy days out exploring tracks and having great adventures. Life is too short to stick to main roads and have a clean car.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Wow! I could be here for years reading all the intro's for over 100K members... This seems like a busy place. :grinning:

TrussGuy comes from an old (oooold) gamertag that has been long since retired, but since my initial choice was already taken, here we are.

I don't have a capable rig at the moment. Life circumstances had me replacing my xTerra with a 12 passenger van (that we use more than half of.) I've had other random 4x4's in the past but I've decided on and am currently looking for a 2021 or newer Toyota 4Runner to throw money at. I'll need the SR5 with the 3rd row as all the van passengers haven't moved out yet.

Just this week I tore down the first draft of my 8 yr old homemade teardrop camper to start on what I really want, a wider squaredrop built well enough to overland with.

Experience specific to overlanding is sparse, but not new to rough terrain driving, camping, cooking outside, shooting, fishing, and all that stuff, but there is a whole lot I don't know and I'm excited to learn!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,

Shael is a gamertag I have used for years. I grew up camping and 4 wheeling. That was long ago however, so I consider myself new to the overlanding world.

Currently I am running a 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport unmodified. But I expect to change that eventually.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

Shael is a gamertag I have used for years. I grew up camping and 4 wheeling. That was long ago however, so I consider myself new to the overlanding world.

Currently I am running a 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport unmodified. But I expect to change that eventually.
Hi Wayne,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
BWizard out of western PA. 23 F150 PowerBoost XLT FX4, Ford Performance Bilstein level kit, General ATX tires. Been camping, hiking, etc for a long time but new to Overlanding. Can already tell this is a great community.
Greetings Burley, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
1) Picture! will work on this.
2) Location South East New Mexico, USA
3) Rig 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4wd
4) Overlanding Experience Background does the mountains in Korea and the back of a Humvee count?
Greetings Robert, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all from central California. My current rig is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I am in the process of building a new trailer for over landing with my wife and i. I will be on here from time to time looks up ideas for solar and battery builds.
Greetings Matt, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings, all, the name's Andy. My username is a loving moniker given to me some 20 years ago by a fraternity brother. Though I'm no longer that 6'4", 300+ lb, suspender wearing college kid, this is the nickname that stuck from the bevy of call signs.

1) View attachment 273473
2) Born, raised, and currently raising my own family in Missouri City (Sienna) on the Southwest side of Houston, TX.
3) 2017 Ford F250 6.7L PowerStroke. We call her Ol' Blue Eyes.
4) Novice, here! Growing up, we spent every weekend out at my grandparents' ranch and spent many family vacations camping at state parks around Texas (Ol' Blue Eyes pictured above out at the ranch). A few of my favorite places on earth are Arrowhead Pool, inside Pedernales State Park, and sunrise on the Comal River in New Braunfels (before the madness starts). Before kids, I was an avid triathlete and I still adore endurance sport. I'm always threatening to come out of retirement (seemingly idle threats). I love being outdoors, even in the Texas heat, and look forward to some wonderful trail running adventures with my rig. But, more than anything else, my wife and I look forward to creating lasting memories with our young kids and old siblings @Demon4x4.

Andy
Greetings Andy, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Terri, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Wow! I could be here for years reading all the intro's for over 100K members... This seems like a busy place. :grinning:

TrussGuy comes from an old (oooold) gamertag that has been long since retired, but since my initial choice was already taken, here we are.

I don't have a capable rig at the moment. Life circumstances had me replacing my xTerra with a 12 passenger van (that we use more than half of.) I've had other random 4x4's in the past but I've decided on and am currently looking for a 2021 or newer Toyota 4Runner to throw money at. I'll need the SR5 with the 3rd row as all the van passengers haven't moved out yet.

Just this week I tore down the first draft of my 8 yr old homemade teardrop camper to start on what I really want, a wider squaredrop built well enough to overland with.

Experience specific to overlanding is sparse, but not new to rough terrain driving, camping, cooking outside, shooting, fishing, and all that stuff, but there is a whole lot I don't know and I'm excited to learn!
Greetings Ken, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi,

Greetings Wayne, welcome to Overland Bound!

RecceRover

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Austin, Texas, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Cabrera
Member #

Service Branch
Army Retired
Hey all...figured I'd post on here after being a member for a bit and not having attended a meet-up yet.

Ny name is Aaron. I'm a Veteran and retired former U.S. Army Scout with a few tours to Iraq. I currently live in Liberty hill with my son. He's 11 and will be my travel buddy, and co-pilot on our adventures. I own a 1997 Land Rover Defender 130 Truck, that is getting a pretty extensive rebuild at Sonoran Rovers in AZ - Sonoran Rovers - with Marcus and his team, who do pretty amazing work. It's getting an Alu-Cab camper put on, along with a ton of other work like suspension, engine, interior, paint, and communication and nav equipment.

I'll be getting my rig back here in the next few months, and I'm looking forward to getting out on the trails and meeting you all.

Most of my off-road / Overlanding experience is from my years in the military, and look forward to putting some high milage on my rig. Other than loving travel and being on the road, I'm also an avid SCUBA diver working my way to becoming an instructor, and will also be completing my Paramotor training. I've been playing drums / percussion for 25 years and play with Austin FC's La Murga - The Heartbeat of Austin FC - La Murga de Austin - when I can. I enjoy landscape and outdoor photography as well as drone video and photography.

I attached a few pics of what the truck looked like and some pics of the current process. I don't have social media, but fell free to contact me here or at acabrera523@gmail.com.

See you all soon.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all...figured I'd post on here after being a member for a bit and not having attended a meet-up yet.

Ny name is Aaron. I'm a Veteran and retired former U.S. Army Scout with a few tours to Iraq. I currently live in Liberty hill with my son. He's 11 and will be my travel buddy, and co-pilot on our adventures. I own a 1997 Land Rover Defender 130 Truck, that is getting a pretty extensive rebuild at Sonoran Rovers in AZ - Sonoran Rovers - with Marcus and his team, who do pretty amazing work. It's getting an Alu-Cab camper put on, along with a ton of other work like suspension, engine, interior, paint, and communication and nav equipment.

I'll be getting my rig back here in the next few months, and I'm looking forward to getting out on the trails and meeting you all.

Most of my off-road / Overlanding experience is from my years in the military, and look forward to putting some high milage on my rig. Other than loving travel and being on the road, I'm also an avid SCUBA diver working my way to becoming an instructor, and will also be completing my Paramotor training. I've been playing drums / percussion for 25 years and play with Austin FC's La Murga - The Heartbeat of Austin FC - La Murga de Austin - when I can. I enjoy landscape and outdoor photography as well as drone video and photography.

I attached a few pics of what the truck looked like and some pics of the current process. I don't have social media, but fell free to contact me here or at acabrera523@gmail.com.

See you all soon.
Hello Aaron, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service, I appreciate it very much,blessings.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

See you all soon.
Hallo Aaron
Welcome to OBO
Nice Defender you got there
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

See you all soon.
Hi Aaron,

Welcome here and thank you for your introduction.

That's a awesome 130! Quite rare in North America, right? Have fun and a lot of great adventure trips with it.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

See you all soon.
Hello Aaron (@JollyRogersOverland(JRO) ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There are a couple of meet ups near you. South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas which is happening this Saturday!

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

We also have a couple new trips planned you are more than welcome to attend.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

See you all soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron
Thats going to be a really great adventure rig cant wait to see it when done.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

See you all soon.
Greetings Aaron, welcome to Overland Bound! Awesome truck!