Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Rig: 2018 Ford F150

Experience: Moderate, several east coast trips. Currently planing an adventure out west.

Looking for tips and ideas!
Hello Stephen, welcome to Overland Bound. If you have never been to the Utah/Arizona area then I would suggest the canyon lands, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Antelope Canyon and especially the North rim of the Grand Canyon. Lots of other places depending on what you enjoy doing. If mountains are your “cup of tea” then try the narrow gauge train between Durango and Silverton in Colorado.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Experience: Moderate, several east coast trips. Currently planing an adventure out west.

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all from central California. My current rig is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I am in the process of building a new trailer for over landing with my wife and i. I will be on here from time to time looks up ideas for solar and battery builds.
Welcome to Overland Bound
A great local contact is
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Stephen and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Norway,
Bjoern

TheGovn’r

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS | WSAG771
Greetings, all, the name's Andy. My username is a loving moniker given to me some 20 years ago by a fraternity brother. Though I'm no longer that 6'4", 300+ lb, suspender wearing college kid, this is the nickname that stuck from the bevy of call signs.

1) Ol Blue Eyes.jpg
2) Born, raised, and currently raising my own family in Missouri City (Sienna) on the Southwest side of Houston, TX.
3) 2017 Ford F250 6.7L PowerStroke. We call her Ol' Blue Eyes.
4) Novice, here! Growing up, we spent every weekend out at my grandparents' ranch and spent many family vacations camping at state parks around Texas (Ol' Blue Eyes pictured above out at the ranch). A few of my favorite places on earth are Arrowhead Pool, inside Pedernales State Park, and sunrise on the Comal River in New Braunfels (before the madness starts). Before kids, I was an avid triathlete and I still adore endurance sport. I'm always threatening to come out of retirement (seemingly idle threats). I love being outdoors, even in the Texas heat, and look forward to some wonderful trail running adventures with my rig. But, more than anything else, my wife and I look forward to creating lasting memories with our young kids and old siblings @Demon4x4.

Andy

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings, all, the name's Andy. My username is a loving moniker given to me some 20 years ago by a fraternity brother. Though I'm no longer that 6'4", 300+ lb, suspender wearing college kid, this is the nickname that stuck from the bevy of call signs.

1) View attachment 273473
2) Born, raised, and currently raising my own family in Missouri City (Sienna) on the Southwest side of Houston, TX.
4) Novice, here! Growing up, we spent every weekend out at my grandparents' ranch and spent many family vacations camping at state parks around Texas (Ol' Blue Eyes pictured above out at the ranch). A few of my favorite places on earth are Arrowhead Pool, inside Pedernales State Park, and sunrise on the Comal River in New Braunfels (before the madness starts). Before kids, I was an avid triathlete and I still adore endurance sport. I'm always threatening to come out of retirement (seemingly idle threats). I love being outdoors, even in the Texas heat, and look forward to some wonderful trail running adventures with my rig. But, more than anything else, my wife and I look forward to creating lasting memories with our young kids and old siblings @Demon4x4.

Andy
Hallo Andy
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Andy
Hi Andy and family,

Welcome to OB from us in France

Cheers Paul and Nicky

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Andy
Hi Andy and welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
BWizard out of western PA. 23 F150 PowerBoost XLT FX4, Ford Performance Bilstein level kit, General ATX tires. Been camping, hiking, etc for a long time but new to Overlanding. Can already tell this is a great community.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
1) Picture! will work on this.
2) Location South East New Mexico, USA
3) Rig 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4wd
4) Overlanding Experience Background does the mountains in Korea and the back of a Humvee count?

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all from central California. My current rig is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I am in the process of building a new trailer for over landing with my wife and i. I will be on here from time to time looks up ideas for solar and battery builds.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Andy
Hello Andy (@TheGovn’r ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Andy
Hello Andy, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Andy
Welcome to Overland Bound Andy
This page might interest you; Full Sized Rigs
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some Local Experts are; in Texas @roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO