Rank VI

Builder II

San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Clavell
Member #

Hey folks- I'm Jay, brand new member here...

I live in Bend, OR
Just got a 2022 Raptor. Mods in progress. I'll save pics for later...
Novice off-roader, but very experienced backpacker, camper, outdoor sportsman etc.

Seems like everyone I know is getting into this overlanding. Sounds like a blast! What better reason to get a new truck?
Welcome bro

DeltaLC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Taos, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

Hey Ya’ll! I have been a member since 2019 and have not introduced myself. I have gained so much through Lifestyle Overland thought to try to be part of the community! Currently, on the Colorado BDR (in Telluride) anyone wants to join in sections or overall please message me.
I currently drive out of northern NM. I would rate myself a 6 out 10 as a driver skill wise (some very skilled trainers have attempted to teach me lol!) I travel w my dog typically and would love to meet other drivers with similar styles of driving! I have a few rigs. Though primarily drive my 2020 JLU though would love to meet full-size drivers as I secondarily drive my 18 Ram 2500.
In any case after some years I finally say ‘Hello’ to the community! Hope to see you guys on the road! If ever in northern NM and if ur not familiar will show you around!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

I live in Bend, OR
Novice off-roader, but very experienced backpacker, camper, outdoor sportsman etc.

Seems like everyone I know is getting into this overlanding. Sounds like a blast! What better reason to get a new truck?
Hello Jay, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Ya’ll! I have been a member since 2019 and have not introduced myself. I have gained so much through Lifestyle Overland thought to try to be part of the community! Currently, on the Colorado BDR (in Telluride) anyone wants to join in sections or overall please message me.
I currently drive out of northern NM. I would rate myself a 6 out 10 as a driver skill wise (some very skilled trainers have attempted to teach me lol!) I travel w my dog typically and would love to meet other drivers with similar styles of driving! I have a few rigs. Though primarily drive my 2020 JLU though would love to meet full-size drivers as I secondarily drive my 18 Ram 2500.
In any case after some years I finally say ‘Hello’ to the community! Hope to see you guys on the road! If ever in northern NM and if ur not familiar will show you around!
Hello Nick, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

I live in Bend, OR

Greetings Jay, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Nick!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello OB!

Current Rig: 2022 Defender 110 TReK
Prior Rig: 1998 Land Rover Discovery

Experience: Land Rover sales guide for the last 18 years. Enthusiast looking forward to more adventures. 
Hello Mike (@Gotham2112 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from the UK,

I am newer to overlanding but not new to offroading. I joined to learn as much as I can and to improve my Jeep to fit our needs while we're touring Europe for 30 days. I am looking for any and all advice for what we could do better and to make our trip as successful as it can be with my wife and the dog. We have to make this last big trip in Europe the best it can be as we have to move back to the US in May.

Thanks for having us!
I used to be stationed at RAF Lakenheath, so know Bury St Edmunds very well. The UK is a great to overland, especially the farther north you go.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New member here. I have limited offroad/camping experience but have been building up my knowledge/gear over the past few years and slowly doing longer/farther trips in my rigs, and am always reading to learn how to improve my setups.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello there!

1) I only have a mock up pic for now, but I've got an order in for a 2024 Bronco.
View attachment 266316
2) Houston area
3) 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands (pending); 1993 Ford Explorer (current)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
- overlanding, not so much. Most of my experience is from rock crawling, but I'm getting older now and looking to take it easy while still enjoying the outdoors, along with vehicle assistance.

Here's my rockcrawler 1993 Ford Explorer on 1979 F350 D60s:
View attachment 266317
Hello Randall (@Demon4x4 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

The Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I own a One-of-a-Kind 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It was the first Wilderness sold by my dealer, Mike Shaw Subaru, Greeley CO. In the first week I put Yokohama Geolanders (same as what comes on it) 235/60R/18's with Touren wheels. I wanted bigger tires, and those were the biggest that fit in the spare tire area. My step daughter made a custom skull gas cap I added Subaru color accents to the door bottoms, and rear side windows. I went to MGP Caliper Covers (www.calipercovers.com) and had custom copper-gold covers made, with "Wilderness" and the mountains logo etched in black. Those are now available. I added an ADF 1-1/2" lift kit. I keep her clean and shined up. I've owned over 25 Subaru's, and this one is a keeper. I pay her off this month.
View attachment 266516

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

I live in Bend, OR

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

I live in Bend, OR

Hi Jay and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Nick and welcome here!

Thank you for your introduction.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy

I live in Bend, OR

Welcome to Overland Bound Jay.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi Nick. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Nick
I’s never to late
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I live in Bend, OR

Hallo Jay
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

I live in Bend, OR

Hey Welcome to the OB Clan.. From the UK. just wish we could get the Raptor here.