Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

Greetings from the UK,

I am newer to overlanding but not new to offroading. I joined to learn as much as I can and to improve my Jeep to fit our needs while we're touring Europe for 30 days. I am looking for any and all advice for what we could do better and to make our trip as successful as it can be with my wife and the dog. We have to make this last big trip in Europe the best it can be as we have to move back to the US in May.

Thanks for having us!
Welcome fellow Jeep owner.. How's the TJ handling Europe? Just wish we had them in the UK RHD.

BlackCatJT

Rank V

Contributor III

West Row, Bury Saint Edmunds, UK
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Hallett
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from the UK,

I am newer to overlanding but not new to offroading. I joined to learn as much as I can and to improve my Jeep to fit our needs while we're touring Europe for 30 days. I am looking for any and all advice for what we could do better and to make our trip as successful as it can be with my wife and the dog. We have to make this last big trip in Europe the best it can be as we have to move back to the US in May.

Thanks for having us!
Welcome fellow Jeep owner.. How's the TJ handling Europe? Just wish we had them in the UK RHD.
It’s great! We have toured all around with it and have put about 38,000 miles on it in the UK. We have been from Land’s End all the way to John o’ Groats and all over in between.

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

It’s great! We have toured all around with it and have put about 38,000 miles on it in the UK. We have been from Land’s End all the way to John o’ Groats and all over in between.

Just notice you are not that far from me either..

We just finished 4500Km's Across Europe down to Corsica and back.

1695147584940.png
1695147551090.png

BlackCatJT

Rank V

Contributor III

West Row, Bury Saint Edmunds, UK
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Hallett
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Just notice you are not that far from me either..

We just finished 4500Km's Across Europe down to Corsica and back.

View attachment 266477
View attachment 266476
We are planning 30 day trip all over Europe. What did you use to create that map?

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

We are planning 30 day trip all over Europe. What did you use to create that map?
I just exported my google tracking day by day and the combined the KML file into one and re-imported into Google.. a bit time consuming ..

Something worth looking at tho - Polarsteps a few OB members are using this.

MBOneKindWilderness

Rank I

Member I

Greeley, CO, USA
First Name
MARK
Last Name
BENJAMIN
Member #

I own a One-of-a-Kind 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It was the first Wilderness sold by my dealer, Mike Shaw Subaru, Greeley CO. In the first week I put Yokohama Geolanders (same as what comes on it) 235/60R/18's with Touren wheels. I wanted bigger tires, and those were the biggest that fit in the spare tire area. My step daughter made a custom skull gas cap I added Subaru color accents to the door bottoms, and rear side windows. I went to MGP Caliper Covers (www.calipercovers.com) and had custom copper-gold covers made, with "Wilderness" and the mountains logo etched in black. Those are now available. I added an ADF 1-1/2" lift kit. I keep her clean and shined up. I've owned over 25 Subaru's, and this one is a keeper. I pay her off this month.
Lifted with caliper covers.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I own a One-of-a-Kind 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It was the first Wilderness sold by my dealer, Mike Shaw Subaru, Greeley CO. In the first week I put Yokohama Geolanders (same as what comes on it) 235/60R/18's with Touren wheels. I wanted bigger tires, and those were the biggest that fit in the spare tire area. My step daughter made a custom skull gas cap I added Subaru color accents to the door bottoms, and rear side windows. I went to MGP Caliper Covers (www.calipercovers.com) and had custom copper-gold covers made, with "Wilderness" and the mountains logo etched in black. Those are now available. I added an ADF 1-1/2" lift kit. I keep her clean and shined up. I've owned over 25 Subaru's, and this one is a keeper. I pay her off this month.
View attachment 266516
Hello Mark, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

View attachment 266516
Hallo Mark
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

View attachment 266516
Welcome to the clan from the little island called the UK.

jclavell

Rank VI

Builder II

San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Clavell
Member #

New member here. I have limited offroad/camping experience but have been building up my knowledge/gear over the past few years and slowly doing longer/farther trips in my rigs, and am always reading to learn how to improve my setups.
Greetings Joshua, welcome to Overland Bound!
Welcome to your new family!!!

jclavell

Rank VI

Builder II

San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Clavell
Member #

Hello there!

1) I only have a mock up pic for now, but I've got an order in for a 2024 Bronco.
View attachment 266316
2) Houston area
3) 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands (pending); 1993 Ford Explorer (current)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
- overlanding, not so much. Most of my experience is from rock crawling, but I'm getting older now and looking to take it easy while still enjoying the outdoors, along with vehicle assistance.

Here's my rockcrawler 1993 Ford Explorer on 1979 F350 D60s:
View attachment 266317
Welcome!!!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 266516
Hi Mark,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Nice Subi - enjoy your trips with it. Guess, that´s a great base for an overlanding rig.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
View attachment 266516
Greetings Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
My name is Josiah and no I don't have a good picture of the jk yet, she's currently getting a new jks suspension.
I'm in louisiana with a 2015 jeep jk 2 door, and I'm slowly building her into my dream overland and hard trail rig. Really want to get started overlanding soon so yeah. If your in louisiana and have a wife, we can take the girls and jeeps out.
Welcome to Overland Bound Josiah.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone! Not new to overlanding, but new to OB! Glad to meet y’all. Looking forward to it all.

Rig: 2024 Jeep Rubicon X.

Experience: 35 years of adventures by Offroad vehicles (Overlanding)
Welcome to Overland Bound David.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello OB!

Current Rig: 2022 Defender 110 TReK
Prior Rig: 1998 Land Rover Discovery

Experience: Land Rover sales guide for the last 18 years. Enthusiast looking forward to more adventures. 
Hi Mike. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
New member here. I have limited offroad/camping experience but have been building up my knowledge/gear over the past few years and slowly doing longer/farther trips in my rigs, and am always reading to learn how to improve my setups.
Hi Joshua. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello there!

1) I only have a mock up pic for now, but I've got an order in for a 2024 Bronco.
View attachment 266316
2) Houston area
3) 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands (pending); 1993 Ford Explorer (current)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
- overlanding, not so much. Most of my experience is from rock crawling, but I'm getting older now and looking to take it easy while still enjoying the outdoors, along with vehicle assistance.

Here's my rockcrawler 1993 Ford Explorer on 1979 F350 D60s:
View attachment 266317
Hi Randall. Welcome to Overland Bound. Very nice Explorer!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
View attachment 266516
Welcome to Overland Bound Mark.

easyblue

Rank II

Member I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Hagedorn
Member #

Hey folks- I'm Jay, brand new member here...

I live in Bend, OR
Just got a 2022 Raptor. Mods in progress. I'll save pics for later...
Novice off-roader, but very experienced backpacker, camper, outdoor sportsman etc.

Seems like everyone I know is getting into this overlanding. Sounds like a blast! What better reason to get a new truck?