Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi,

I'm Jonathan from Fullerton, California.
I currently have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe. No mods and planning on keeping it mostly stock and just have accessories. I feel like the SUV is already more than what I'm brave enough for. I just have ditch pods and rock lights (probably more use as camping lights). One day, I would like to replace my Yakima Megawarrior roof basket with a Gobi Stealth. Partial to the mesh/basket types. But my ideal build will be more for camping/dwelling and trailing rather than heavy wheeling. I mainly look forward to adventures and opening up the world for my little one as he grows up.

My experience includes just checking out Mojave backroads and multiple trips up to my local peak, Santiago Peak, via system of fire roads and some "bonus credit" areas. I used to go up Maple Springs Rd and Main Divide multiple times in a 2004 LX470 (which we've since sold...big mistake).

Found out about Overland Bound because of Michael's YouTube videos and I got my Gazelle tent and gazebos because of his reviews. I look forward to this community's suggestions for gear, cool places, tips, and making friends.

Some pictures of my ride:
View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526
Hallo Jonathan
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

I currently have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe. No mods and planning on keeping it mostly stock and just have accessories. I feel like the SUV is already more than what I'm brave enough for. I just have ditch pods and rock lights (probably more use as camping lights). One day, I would like to replace my Yakima Megawarrior roof basket with a Gobi Stealth. Partial to the mesh/basket types. But my ideal build will be more for camping/dwelling and trailing rather than heavy wheeling. I mainly look forward to adventures and opening up the world for my little one as he grows up.

My experience includes just checking out Mojave backroads and multiple trips up to my local peak, Santiago Peak, via system of fire roads and some "bonus credit" areas. I used to go up Maple Springs Rd and Main Divide multiple times in a 2004 LX470 (which we've since sold...big mistake).

Found out about Overland Bound because of Michael's YouTube videos and I got my Gazelle tent and gazebos because of his reviews. I look forward to this community's suggestions for gear, cool places, tips, and making friends.

View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Greetings,

I'm Chris. I currently have a stock Rav4 XLE Hybrid to get me out and about that doubles as a DD and also as an occasional clown car when the whole family wants to come along with the pup and I on adventures. As a teen I'd fill up the tank, hit Crown Point, and then move out into the back roads and leisure cruise with some music. Young adult life didn't give me that opportunity and now that I have a vehicle that can kind of do it I am kinda making it work. I am currently exploring forest roads around Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson for dispersed camping and have been wanting to go check out the areas around Bend when it gets a bit cooler as well. I have no hardcore trail experience, but I've been learning from my trips and what I can from YouTube. I'll figure out what I want in a future rig when I've found enough things to do with it that my current one is incapable of. Then do the whole exploration process again.
Hi Chris and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Rig: 2022 F-150 Tremor 33" AT tires (275/70R18) - 2" Front Level
Experience: A fair amount of off-roading and exploring. New to setting up an overlander.

I've been working on a discreet overlanding "build" on my 2022 Tremor 402a. I've decided to put an A.R.E. Z2 topper on it and keep the gear "internalized" with the possibility of a future Rhino Pioneer Platform and 270 Batwing. In the process, I've been scouring online resources to customize Molle panels, internal fans, tailgate tents, racks, etc. Looking for insights, tips, and tricks.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,

View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings,

I'm Chris. I currently have a stock Rav4 XLE Hybrid to get me out and about that doubles as a DD and also as an occasional clown car when the whole family wants to come along with the pup and I on adventures. As a teen I'd fill up the tank, hit Crown Point, and then move out into the back roads and leisure cruise with some music. Young adult life didn't give me that opportunity and now that I have a vehicle that can kind of do it I am kinda making it work. I am currently exploring forest roads around Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson for dispersed camping and have been wanting to go check out the areas around Bend when it gets a bit cooler as well. I have no hardcore trail experience, but I've been learning from my trips and what I can from YouTube. I'll figure out what I want in a future rig when I've found enough things to do with it that my current one is incapable of. Then do the whole exploration process again.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi,

View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526
Greetings Jonathan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings,

Greetings Chris, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 263610
1) DFW area, Texas.
2) 1993 Ford Bronco XLT - 5.8L V8
3) Zero Overlanding experience, plenty of primitive camping and quite a bit of off roading background as well.
Hi Jeff and welcome to Overland Bound!

That´s a nice Bronco.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 263610
1) DFW area, Texas.
3) Zero Overlanding experience, plenty of primitive camping and quite a bit of off roading background as well.
Hello Jeff (@Bronco_J&S ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Bronco_J&S

Rank III

Member I

Fort Worth Alliance Airport, Aviator Way, Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Blazoney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5SEF
Service Branch
Army
View attachment 263610
1) DFW area, Texas.
Hello Jeff (@Bronco_J&S ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Thanks, Roots. I've been enjoying the app so far. I am to find something here in the DFW area but it seems like the meet ups are st least a couple of years old.

Rocket

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward III

Québec, QC, Canada
First Name
Francois
Last Name
Rochette
Member #

Service Branch
CF Reserve Infantry
Hi,

View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526
Welcome to OB. Safe travel !

batonbomb

Rank 0

Contributor II

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Folks
G'day folks:

1) Sacramento, CA
2) Just swapped my 08 4Runner for a '23 Ranger FX4
3) XP is somewhere between novice and intermediate.

Been down plenty of remote county/forest/blm roads and dispersed camping, but never organized my own multi-day, multi-camp trips. Now that I'm a new dad, back backing trips are perhaps a few years out, but overlanding has immediate potential. My truck is all stock at the moment, probably will be for some time, but looking to meet some outdoor-minded folks in Sac Valley to hit the Sierras, northern coast, and other areas I don't yet know of. New to California within last couple years.

Appreciate all the guidance and relationships I've yet to build. Best,
Brian

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
G'day folks:

1) Sacramento, CA

Been down plenty of remote county/forest/blm roads and dispersed camping, but never organized my own multi-day, multi-camp trips. Now that I'm a new dad, back backing trips are perhaps a few years out, but overlanding has immediate potential. My truck is all stock at the moment, probably will be for some time, but looking to meet some outdoor-minded folks in Sac Valley to hit the Sierras, northern coast, and other areas I don't yet know of. New to California within last couple years.

Brian
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

Rocket

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward III

Québec, QC, Canada
First Name
Francois
Last Name
Rochette
Member #

Service Branch
CF Reserve Infantry
G'day folks:

1) Sacramento, CA

Brian
Welcome to OB !

A stock vehicle can bring you a long way ! Have fun and stay safe !

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

G'day folks:

1) Sacramento, CA

Brian
Hallo Brian
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N