CaptainAkela

Rank I

Contributor II

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wortman
Hi everyone, Justin here. I've had this account for a while but haven't posted before. I am in Yucca Valley, CA and have a moderately modified 2007 FJ Cruiser that I call the Yellow Submarine. I would say I'm fairly experienced, having done many overland trips through CA, AZ, NV, UT, OR and WA over the last 10 years.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone, Justin here. I've had this account for a while but haven't posted before. I am in Yucca Valley, CA and have a moderately modified 2007 FJ Cruiser that I call the Yellow Submarine. I would say I'm fairly experienced, having done many overland trips through CA, AZ, NV, UT, OR and WA over the last 10 years.
Greetings Justin, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Justin
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Enthusiast III

Mason County, Washington, United States
First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Welcome to the adventure! We are in WA. Hope to do some trips soon

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Hey guys I am new to the group.
I am in South west England, currently drive a 2007 Navara which I am building for 6 months long traveling. I am not an expert but had a few adventures.
Welcome to the group. It is good to see the international community growing

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
G'day folks:

1) Sacramento, CA
2) Just swapped my 08 4Runner for a '23 Ranger FX4
3) XP is somewhere between novice and intermediate.

Been down plenty of remote county/forest/blm roads and dispersed camping, but never organized my own multi-day, multi-camp trips. Now that I'm a new dad, back backing trips are perhaps a few years out, but overlanding has immediate potential. My truck is all stock at the moment, probably will be for some time, but looking to meet some outdoor-minded folks in Sac Valley to hit the Sierras, northern coast, and other areas I don't yet know of. New to California within last couple years.

Appreciate all the guidance and relationships I've yet to build. Best,
Brian
Welcome. I hope to meet more people here

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Name is Adrienne (aka thelandymission on ig)

About to head off traveling from Cape Town to Namibia in my 2006 Defender TD5 via Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania -

Keen for tips and to meet fellow travelers!
Welcome. That sounds like fun

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Hi,

I'm Jonathan from Fullerton, California.
I currently have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe. No mods and planning on keeping it mostly stock and just have accessories. I feel like the SUV is already more than what I'm brave enough for. I just have ditch pods and rock lights (probably more use as camping lights). One day, I would like to replace my Yakima Megawarrior roof basket with a Gobi Stealth. Partial to the mesh/basket types. But my ideal build will be more for camping/dwelling and trailing rather than heavy wheeling. I mainly look forward to adventures and opening up the world for my little one as he grows up.

My experience includes just checking out Mojave backroads and multiple trips up to my local peak, Santiago Peak, via system of fire roads and some "bonus credit" areas. I used to go up Maple Springs Rd and Main Divide multiple times in a 2004 LX470 (which we've since sold...big mistake).

Found out about Overland Bound because of Michael's YouTube videos and I got my Gazelle tent and gazebos because of his reviews. I look forward to this community's suggestions for gear, cool places, tips, and making friends.

Some pictures of my ride:
View attachment 263523
View attachment 263525
View attachment 263526
Welcome! Hey, stick with what works for you.
I have many years of experience 4 wheeling, so my setup is a little different, but it works for me

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
View attachment 263610
1) DFW area, Texas.
2) 1993 Ford Bronco XLT - 5.8L V8
3) Zero Overlanding experience, plenty of primitive camping and quite a bit of off roading background as well.
Welcome, and hey, start with what you have. See what works, what doesn't and modify from there

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Hi All

I’m Ken from Oregon, I just got into Overlanding and I can’t wait to explore some trails. Hit me up if you know of some cool stuff I should checkout in Oregon. Oh and I have a Bronco.

Ken
Welcome!
The area around Mount Hood is really nice. Also look into the Oregon BDR (Backcountry Discovery Route). We just made a trip up there and posted the videos on our YT channel. It was a great trip!

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Don’t know how I haven’t found this group earlier but there’s no time like the present!

Flying straight and level from West Texas in a 2018 Land Cruiser.
Most of my past overlanding has been done on a motorcycle but I am transitioning to the 4 wheel mode of travel.
Welcome!
Another LC guy!
We are building an 80 right now

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Justin, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Justin and welcome to Overland Bound!

mainiacken

Rank II

Contributor II

Aurora, Marion County, Oregon, United States
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Caldwell
Member #

Hi All

I’m Ken from Oregon, I just got into Overlanding and I can’t wait to explore some trails. Hit me up if you know of some cool stuff I should checkout in Oregon. Oh and I have a Bronco.

Ken
Welcome!
The area around Mount Hood is really nice. Also look into the Oregon BDR (Backcountry Discovery Route). We just made a trip up there and posted the videos on our YT channel. It was a great trip!
Thank you for the info definitely will check out that route and the YouTube video

Enthusiast III

First Name
Haven Ridge
Last Name
Adventures
Service Branch
Navy Retired
Hi All

Ken
Welcome!
Thank you for the info definitely will check out that route and the YouTube video
I think you will enjoy it. It is a really nice area.

Fst.freespirit

Rank II

Member I

La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
First Name
David
Last Name
Mengual ibañez
Member #

Current Vehicle: Ford bronco 94

Overland Experience: Novice

actualmente me mudo a baja California, soy español y quiero empezar a viajar y descubrir sitios especiales y comunicarme con la naturaleza y proteger la naturaleza, me he unido con fines de conocer gente que quiera venir a descubrir y pasar buenos momentos compartiendo experiencias y aprender sobre todo, con el tiempo me gustaría ir de baja sur a Canadá pasando por toda la costa y me encantaría conocer overlander , si alguien se anima a bajar , podéis contar conmigo para ir a descubrir caminos y lugares preciosos que tiene este país , un saludo y nos vemos en los caminos de tierra

I am currently moving to Baja California, I am Spanish and I want to start traveling and discover special places and communicate with nature and protect nature, I have joined in order to meet people who want to come to discover and have a good time sharing experiences and learning about Everything, with time I would like to go from Baja Sur to Canada, passing through the entire coast and I would love to visit Overlander. If someone dares to go down, you can count on me to go discover the paths and beautiful places that this country has, regards and see you on the dirt roads

Last edited:

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT

Current Vehicle: Ford bronco 94

Overland Experience: Novice

actualmente me mudo a baja California, soy español y quiero empezar a viajar y descubrir sitios especiales y comunicarme con la naturaleza y proteger la naturaleza, me he unido con fines de conocer gente que quiera venir a descubrir y pasar buenos momentos compartiendo experiencias y aprender sobre todo, con el tiempo me gustaría ir de baja sur a Canadá pasando por toda la costa y me encantaría conocer overlander , si alguien se anima a bajar , podéis contar conmigo para ir a descubrir caminos y lugares preciosos que tiene este país , un saludo y nos vemos en los caminos de tierra
Welcome to Overland Bound
Bienvenido y mantener las cuatro ruedas en el suelo