Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thank you for the warm welcoming. All new and exciting I will get to meet great like-minded people that looking for off road adventures.
I have an Instagram if you are interested in what I've travelled in the last year's time of having my rig!
Follow me :
trd22grnmachine
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning! I am widowed and semi retired. I work PT at the REI in Pittsburgh. I have been off-roading for a couple of years now and after dealing with a few health issues I am using my car, Stormy, to travel and explore. My plans are to travel by myself or with a group and explore an area. I believe long distance hiking is part of my past so I plan on taking her to areas and camping and day hiking. I enjoy cycling and have done multi day trips and hoping to merge these hobbies.
Stormy is a 2019 Subaru Forester which I have been modding for the past couple of years. She is fully armored and enjoys getting muddy.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My rig is kinda stupid it is a lowered 2006 Ford focus zx3 five speed nothing special done to it. Slept in the back of it a few times, getting back into MTB since my new job I have a set schedule and able to explore on the weekends. Current goals are going to build a small trailer to pull behind it with gear. The ultimate goal is to get an outback wilderness.

I live in Schertz TX
Hello Jonathan (@jonathan_c464c5 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Local Experts for Texas.

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

If you are up for a little travel, South Central Texas has this meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

The one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am from the Salt Lake County area of Utah. I recently purchased a 2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport and am working on outfitting it to be a softroader/overlander for myself and my family. The Ridgeline has been super nice so far and is the first new vehicle for me. I have had other trucks, a Subaru, and a Montero in the past that I did off-road day trips in, but this will be my first true "overlander". I am planning on a build thread and have many modifications that are taking place this week alone.

Happy 4th!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Chris,

My name is Danny and you are new to this as I am! I just joined a few days ago but I've been going out for about a years time since I got my rig. It was taken a lot of time building my 4runner to what fits for me. It takes patience and research to figure on what you want. If I can be of any help on what I have went with just reach out and ask. Of course prices will be another thing. It's getting more expensive and a longer wait time for parts.
I now going on my second year of my build because there is a lot of mods I still need and want. I have an Instagram if you want to look at my travels and history. Follow me @ trd22grnmachine
Also I'm planning to head towards your area. Maybe you can show me or plan to go find trails! Let me know and I’ll let you know when it's a plan.

Enjoy you 4th!
Thank Danny

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thank you for the welcome

Charles P and Kari D And baby Ryker . Soon to be Kari P. 2018

Jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon.

Jeep upgrades

Kmc bead lock rims with 37 sst pro tires, Aev premium front bumper with winch and skid plate, Aev rear bumper with water tank 5 gal and fuel tank 10 gal, high lift jack and pul pal on carrier rack. Metal cloak 3.5 lift front 4.5 rear with all steering complete metal cloak Rock hard steel skid plates poison spyder evap skid rugged ridge muffler skid Adams 1350 front and rear drive shafts Rcv axle shaft with sleeve and truss front Carbon offroad rear shafts Jku mopar big brake kit with booster and master upgrade Warn 9.5 cti steel lead winch White knuckle offroad sliders
Complete goose gear rear with seat delete and side cubbies Dometic cfx3 fridge Camp partner stove Rhino rack backbone James baroud tent James baroud side awning James baroud rear awning Hi lift jack Pull pal 11000
Full recovey kit Tire repair kit with viair onboard compressor with tank Genisis dual battery kit with oddesy batteries Snyper steel flares Solar with 120 foldable mil spec panel. Spod 6 panel with genesis display.
Bartac seat covers 3 side rigid area lights installed on hardtop Poison spyder rear crusher corners with recessed leds and vented hood with latches, K and n filter assy
Aev hood snorkel jcr front and rear half doors for crawling sun shade mesh top.
Re-axled military duce and a half trailer for the rest of the gear when needed complete with trailer brakes and led lighting

Over built for overlanding, under built for a rock rig. Trying to find that elusive happy medium.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Rig: 2019 Ram 1500
Experience: The ever-curious novice lol. I first got into overlanding in San Diego with my JK. I fell out of the lifestyle with work and being busy in general, but I always longed to get back out there. I am hoping to traverse some EU countries while I am here. So looking forward to meeting like-minded people and sharing the experience.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!

My hubby and I are just getting into the overlanding fun after realizing life waits for nobody! My current vehicle is a stock 2019 4Runner Limited. We've done some trails back when we had the Jeep Wrangler, but that was years ago. Come spring we're getting a new Tacoma, and are thinking about building it up

Any advice or just conversation is appreciated. We just moved back to Wyoming from South Carolina so that's always fun.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, I am introducing myself.

Greg Gerow
Bakersfield, CA
2019 Ford Expedition
Upgrading soon to something more rugged, but for now, this is all I have. I have been out on my own a lot in this rig and it is fairly capable. no bouldering. I would say about a trail rate for it is about a 4-5

Looking for a group to gain and share knowledge. Both kids in college and I need a hobby.

Thanks
Greg

Contributor III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Gragas
Hello fellow adventurers,
My name is Shane, and i am currently stuck here in SoCal. I currently have a '17 GMC Sierra fitted with all the cool gear......
I've been camping and offroading for over 30 years, but only had an "Overland" rig for 2 years. I usually get out every other weekend, whether it be a day trip or a 3-4 expedition.

I'm always down for a new adventure, and hopefully get to see some of you on the trails!!!!

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hello, I am introducing myself.

Greg Gerow
Bakersfield, CA
2019 Ford Expedition
Upgrading soon to something more rugged, but for now, this is all I have. I have been out on my own a lot in this rig and it is fairly capable. no bouldering. I would say about a trail rate for it is about a 4-5

Looking for a group to gain and share knowledge. Both kids in college and I need a hobby.

Thanks
Greg
Welcome Greg to OB

We have a group here In Visalia CA that get together for trips.
I will be posting a Rally point about our meetings and our trip coming up on
July 21-23 to Courtwright above Fresno.
We also go above Lake Isabella for camping.
Hope to see you at a meeting.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

My name is Shane, and i am currently stuck here in SoCal. I currently have a '17 GMC Sierra fitted with all the cool gear......
I've been camping and offroading for over 30 years, but only had an "Overland" rig for 2 years. I usually get out every other weekend, whether it be a day trip or a 3-4 expedition.

I'm always down for a new adventure, and hopefully get to see some of you on the trails!!!!
Hallo Shane
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Shane
Don't hesitate to contact the SoCal Local Expert @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Shane and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Brooks638

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Huntington, NY, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

I made a account on the forum years ago but now back active so figured I should reintroduce myself. I’m Eric from Long Island been over landing for close to 8 years. Mostly spend my time in the north east but starting to venture west more with the purchase of my new truck. 2023 Silverado trail boss with the 3.0 duramax

Attachments

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Greetings Shane, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I made a account on the forum years ago but now back active so figured I should reintroduce myself. I’m Eric from Long Island been over landing for close to 8 years. Mostly spend my time in the north east but starting to venture west more with the purchase of my new truck. 2023 Silverado trail boss with the 3.0 duramax
Greetings Eric, and welcome back to Overland Bound!

Brooks638

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Huntington, NY, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Greetings Eric, and welcome back to Overland Bound!
Thanks