Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Not sure if I’m posting in the right place. Brand new member as of less than an hour ago. I’m currently located in Thousand Oaks, California. I own a 2021 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium w/ 4x4. I’m a GWOT Veteran and I got into overlanding in order to go find my peace in life, but I didn’t want to leave my 2 young sons behind for days at a time while I do this. I’ve been on 2 overlanding trips so far -Death Valley and Alabama Hills, and will be doing Big Sur this weekend along with a fellow Veteran buddy.
Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Those 4Runners are great rigs. I like them. Enjoy your upcoming trips.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

TheWoods_In_TheWoods

Rank III

Advocate III

Thousand Oaks, Ventura County, California, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army 11B3P
Not sure if I’m posting in the right place. Brand new member as of less than an hour ago. I’m currently located in Thousand Oaks, California. I own a 2021 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium w/ 4x4. I’m a GWOT Veteran and I got into overlanding in order to go find my peace in life, but I didn’t want to leave my 2 young sons behind for days at a time while I do this. I’ve been on 2 overlanding trips so far -Death Valley and Alabama Hills, and will be doing Big Sur this weekend along with a fellow Veteran buddy.
Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Those 4Runners are great rigs. I like them. Enjoy your upcoming trips.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Thank you Bjoern! I’m loving the 4Runner so far. It’s awesome to be making international friends too.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy folks,
Brian from Bellevue, NE here.
I'm running a stock 2010 F150 4.6L v8 but I'm looking to upgrade in the next couple of years.
I've done a ton of camping and backpacking but never really overlanded so I'm excited to learn some new skills and share some of my knowledge.
Hallo Brian
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hallo Ryan
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi All! My husband and I just purchased a 2021 Sunray 109E. We are completely new to all of this but are looking forward to diving into the off grid life from time to time. We live in Michigan and are hoping to explore as much of Michigan and beyond over the years.
Hallo April
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Live in Central Iowa but travel twice a year to overland in the Ozark National Forest in NW Arkansas. Hoping to explore the west in the future (CO, MT, WY, etc.) Currently wheeling a 2015 JKU Rubicon on 35's.
View attachment 261121
Greetings Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello thanks for adding me to the group.
My name is Samuel I love in Fontana ,ca I am a novice overlander but experienced camper. My rig is a 2017 ram 2500 cummins 4x4 it rolls on 37's and is pretty capable for most of everything we do as a family or with our camping families. I have a softtopper but am looking to upgrade to an rsi smartcap one day.
Greetings Samuel, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All! My husband and I just purchased a 2021 Sunray 109E. We are completely new to all of this but are looking forward to diving into the off grid life from time to time. We live in Michigan and are hoping to explore as much of Michigan and beyond over the years.
Greetings April, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy folks,
I'm running a stock 2010 F150 4.6L v8 but I'm looking to upgrade in the next couple of years.
I've done a ton of camping and backpacking but never really overlanded so I'm excited to learn some new skills and share some of my knowledge.
Greetings Brian, welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy folks,
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy folks,
Welcome To Overland Bound Brian
You are right on the boarder between our Rocky Mountain and Midwest Regions.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Dean_62

Rank 0

Contributor II

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Dean
Hey Guys,
Jacob from Hampton Roads, VA
Ive got a 2020 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 manual lifted 3inch on 33s, 2003 Toyota Sequoia 2wd lifted 3in with 33s and a tepui 4person tent on the roof, and just picked up a M416ish trailer clone that I will finish into a RTT trailer
Done some off-roading with the Tacoma down in the Florida panhandle but never really overlanded besides just using my RTT to camp a few times

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey Guys,
Ive got a 2020 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 manual lifted 3inch on 33s, 2003 Toyota Sequoia 2wd lifted 3in with 33s and a tepui 4person tent on the roof, and just picked up a M416ish trailer clone that I will finish into a RTT trailer
Done some off-roading with the Tacoma down in the Florida panhandle but never really overlanded besides just using my RTT to camp a few times
Hallo Jacob
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Guys,
Hello Jacob, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
New Member Introduction:

Hello Fellow Overlanders

Name: Suzette Brown

Location: Red Lodge, Carbon County, Montana - Beartooth Mountains and aprox 1 hr from NE entrance to Yellowstone National Park.

Vehicle: 2023 Toyota 4runner ORP with KDSS

Experience.....Novice with Overlanding. Have Dispersed Camped often with my German Shepherd Dog ~ Luke

Open for Contact if you have questions about the area I live in, camping locations, gear I use, etc.....I'm happy to help.
Hi Suzette. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi I'm Scott,

I have an old 2011 Wrangler absolutely stock other than headers. I also have an old 2002 Holden Monterey (Isuzu Trooper) which has seven seats. My wife and I collect kids and we love exploring the roads less traveled with our kids. We spend most of our off road time in the Mokau area where our favourite obscure hotel is The Awakino Hotel. They do fantastic food and always make sure the fire is lit for a great kid, dog friendly dining after a day off roading.
My aim is to record all the roads we love so more people can enjoy it.
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott.