National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey Guys! So super excited to join up with you on the greatest adventure called Life! A bit about me...from South Carolina, will be making La Grande, OR my new home in a week. Haven't been active in the outdoors in quite some time, but over the moon to get back to it. Looking forward to new faces and friends. Thanks in advance!
Hi Erin. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello! My name is Cameron!
I'm new to this and got into it on some hiking trips and of course YouTube.

Location: In the Eastern Mississippi Area (anyone around that has experience i'd love to learn!)
Rig: 2021 Ram Rebel
Experience: Just camping a few times, but I'm here to absorb as much information as I can!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you and learning as much as I can to help get my family out of the concrete jungle and out into some beautiful scenery!
Hi Cameron. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey all, new to the site and overlanding in general. Grew up in the Boy Scouts and I miss the heck out of the outdoors. I'm disabled (two bum knees) so it makes things a bit more difficult but I'm working on figuring out how to do all this to the best of my capability. I'm in "The Wilds of Pennsylvania" between State College and WIlliamsport. I have an '09 Xterra that is pretty much stock. I'm working on building out a bed and some storage in the back as well as a place for my old pup to come with me. Other than that I figured I would go stock and see what I need as I go to make things a bit better. I've been into Jeeps most of my life so the Xterra is a bit different for me. I've never done any "hardcore" offroading but I've definitely traveled my share of fire and logging roads exploring what I can in PA by myself without getting into too much trouble.

Anyway, that's basically me hope to get out there with some of you soon!

Dave
Hi Dave. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Greetings from Riverside, California.
I am a complete newbie when it comes to overlanding.
I just got a rig and cant wait to take it out to the trails.

I’m driving a very nice 1999 ISUZU VehiCRoss, i have been getting it ready with some minor updates but i will need some guidence on the things that are necessary for overlanding and the ones that are not.

Looking forward to see you all out there and build some strong friendships along the way!
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Greetings:

I am retiring in the next month and have been offroading for a few years. The plan is to explore the USA back country as much as possible and I am hoping this sight can give me location ideas and shared experiences in those areas.

View attachment 260279
Toquerville Falls, Utah 2022

Rig: 2018 Jeep Wrangler "Bigfoot Edition"
Experience: Somewhat experienced... a few years offroading to secluded fishing spots, hunting units and just weekend get away camping.
Hi George. Welcome to Overland Bound. You're going to love retirement. I'm in my second year.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi there,

New to the community here from the greater Los Angeles area. Relatively new to the overlanding scene. Have made a few trips down to Baja for scuba activities and camped along the way.

I am rolling a ‘22 GMC Sierra AT4 Duramax 3.0 with a PowerTrax Pro RX tonneau cover.

Look forward to connecting with others and learning more.

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I’m Nick from the Erie, Pennsylvania area. I drive a 2012 Xterra Pro4X that I’m building myself on a single dad of 3 kids budget. (Baller status)

We try and get out nearly every chance we can. Even if it’s just a short jaunt to Allegheny National Forest for a night.

I’ve been in the off-road community in this area for nearly 20 years.

Everything on the rig I have built myself in my tiny attached garage.

Looking forward to meeting up with others and sharing my travels!
Hi Nick. Welcome to Overland Bound. Very nice rig!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Located in the Puget Sound, on JBLM. Driving a NEARLY bone stock 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 (I console myself with the knowledge that it’s TECHNICALLY a Hilux Surf in left hand drive).
I’ve done a lot of mobility work through the Army, but very little vehicle based stuff on the civilian side.
Hi Tristan. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA. Thanks for your service.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi! Currently live in Nebraska, but travel frequency to the southwest and Colorado, where I grew up in the Cañon City/Salida/Westcliffe area. I don’t really know how to rate my experience really, but I’ve spent a lot of years driving the high passes around Buena Vista and Westcliffe, just not as frequently as I’d like to. Previously went through a bunch of CJs and Wranglers and an H3, but whereas I’m spending a lot of time on the interstate now, use a full size Silverado. Mostly stock. A little suspension work, wheels and tires, couple minor things is about it for now.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rick.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Live in Central Iowa but travel twice a year to overland in the Ozark National Forest in NW Arkansas. Hoping to explore the west in the future (CO, MT, WY, etc.) Currently wheeling a 2015 JKU Rubicon on 35's.
View attachment 261121
Hi Mark. Welcome to Overland Bound from southern CA. I'm planning to run some trails in the Ozarks in October.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello thanks for adding me to the group.
My name is Samuel I love in Fontana ,ca I am a novice overlander but experienced camper. My rig is a 2017 ram 2500 cummins 4x4 it rolls on 37's and is pretty capable for most of everything we do as a family or with our camping families. I have a softtopper but am looking to upgrade to an rsi smartcap one day.
Welcome to Overland Bound Samuel.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi All! My husband and I just purchased a 2021 Sunray 109E. We are completely new to all of this but are looking forward to diving into the off grid life from time to time. We live in Michigan and are hoping to explore as much of Michigan and beyond over the years.
Hi April. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Not sure if I’m posting in the right place. Brand new member as of less than an hour ago. I’m currently located in Thousand Oaks, California. I own a 2021 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium w/ 4x4. I’m a GWOT Veteran and I got into overlanding in order to go find my peace in life, but I didn’t want to leave my 2 young sons behind for days at a time while I do this. I’ve been on 2 overlanding trips so far -Death Valley and Alabama Hills, and will be doing Big Sur this weekend along with a fellow Veteran buddy.
Hi Ryan. Welcome to Overland Bound. Thanks for your service. Lots of us Veterans here.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Howdy folks,
Brian from Bellevue, NE here.
I'm running a stock 2010 F150 4.6L v8 but I'm looking to upgrade in the next couple of years.
I've done a ton of camping and backpacking but never really overlanded so I'm excited to learn some new skills and share some of my knowledge.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian.