Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Moved to the PNW last summer and looking to explore my new home.

Tyler
Nehalem, OR
‘23 Nissan Frontier Pro4x
Beginner. Getting my new rig overland ready.
Welcome To Overland Bound Tyler
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all! I'm Lou and I live just outside Huntsville, Alabama. I'm pretty much a total noob to overlanding, but it's something I've always wanted to do; as you can tell by my username the outdoors (and amateur radio) is a big part of my life. I just bought a new 4Runner and I want to add the ability to utilize it properly to my skillset, so I'm looking forward to what I can learn here and use that to expand my outdoor activities. My plan is to not modify it extensively but to make some improvements over time. I previously had a Jeep TJ but that project never really got off the ground, so I sold it a few years ago. Now I'm on my second attempt and I found OB while doing research.

View attachment 257680
Welcome To Overland Bound Lou
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Alex_B_FJ

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bors
Hi all! I'm Alex and I live in the United Arab Emirates for more than 10 years.
I got a 2021 FJ Cruiser to help me reaching the local mountains for my hobbies: hiking, MTB, and recently off-roading trips and sand bashing. I'm pretty new to overlanding, but it's something I wanted to do for long time.
I'm looking forward to what I can learn here, use that knowledge to further expand my outdoor activities and prepare the car for next adventures.

Last edited:

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi all! I'm Alex and I live in the United Arab Emirates.
I got a 2021 FJ Cruiser to help me reaching the local mountains for my hiking hobby, MTB, off-roading road trips and recently sand bashing. I'm pretty new to overlanding, but it's something I wanted to do.
I'm looking forward to what I can learn here and use that knowledge to further expand my outdoor activities and prepare the car.
Hallo Alex
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I got a 2021 FJ Cruiser to help me reaching the local mountains for my hobbies: hiking, MTB, and recently off-roading trips and sand bashing. I'm pretty new to overlanding, but it's something I wanted to do for long time.
I'm looking forward to what I can learn here, use that knowledge to further expand my outdoor activities and prepare the car for next adventures.
Welcome To Overland Bound Alex
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone! I just joined this evening but have been lurking for a little while now. I currently have 2 rigs: a 2020 TtRD Off Road 4Runner (my primary rig/daily driver) and a 1995 Land Cruiser (project rig/money pit). I look forward to being involved with this community in the future!

Jason
Greetings Jason, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All. Just joined this rainy Sat AM in Northern VA in the US. I don't have any good pictures of our vehicle just yet and we are awaiting our new wheels, tires, and rock sliders to come in and be installed at this time, so I'll probably wait until that happens and then take a picture to include. We have a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4xe and recently took it down to Peters Mill Run with the N. VA Jeepers Club for it's first adventure (and badge). Wonderful trip, we enjoyed the experience and want to do more of this, but found that the stock tires on our Jeep were not the best, thus the upgrades prior to going out again. We plan to retire in the next 3 years and want to do both offroad adventures as well as overland camping once we buy our Opus 4 trailer. We found the NVJC folks were a wonderful resource, helpful in every way, and want to reach out and meet others around the world who love the outdoors. Cheers and looking forward to the adventures!
Greetings Ron, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi Folks!
I'm Todd from Parker, CO
I'm originally from Northern CA and my first offroading experience was on The Rubicon. I've been in Colorado for about 5 years now and I am still getting to know some of the trails. I currently have a selection of three different overlanding vehicles and I have built and sold a handful of other off-road rigs over the years including a Samurai, a Tracker, a Tacoma, and a 1988 Toyota 4x4 Van..

Currently a 2021 Rav4 TRD is my daily driver and it can also handle some overlanding duties.

My 2021 F-250 has my customized camper on it most of the year.

.... and I still have my old Jeep built specifically for The Rubicon Trail in CA. It doesnt see that much use anymore but I 'm keeping it :smiley:

I'm glad I found this forum and can't believe I haven't joined this sooner! I hope to meet some like-minded folks and maybe attend a Rally Point Event!
Greetings Todd, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi y'all! I'm Lou and I live just outside Huntsville, Alabama. I'm pretty much a total noob to overlanding, but it's something I've always wanted to do; as you can tell by my username the outdoors (and amateur radio) is a big part of my life. I just bought a new 4Runner and I want to add the ability to utilize it properly to my skillset, so I'm looking forward to what I can learn here and use that to expand my outdoor activities. My plan is to not modify it extensively but to make some improvements over time. I previously had a Jeep TJ but that project never really got off the ground, so I sold it a few years ago. Now I'm on my second attempt and I found OB while doing research.

View attachment 257680
Greetings Lou, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Alex,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

The FJ Cruiser is a great rig. Very rare in Europe.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

BayouOverlander

Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Welcome!

BayouOverlander

Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

View attachment 257680
Greetings Lou, welcome to Overland Bound!
Welcome!

Skirig

Rank II

Member I

Portland, OR
Member #

Hi All,

I'm Carlo, and I'm a Portland, OR member with some (not a lot) of overlanding experience. I recently got a new Ford Bronco and I'm looking forward to using it to explore beautiful places, discover good camping spots, and just generally taking advantage of all that the PNW has to offer. I'm looking forward to learning new skills, meeting other folks, and doing a lot more vehicle based travel than I have in the last few years.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

I'm Carlo, and I'm a Portland, OR member with some (not a lot) of overlanding experience. I recently got a new Ford Bronco and I'm looking forward to using it to explore beautiful places, discover good camping spots, and just generally taking advantage of all that the PNW has to offer. I'm looking forward to learning new skills, meeting other folks, and doing a lot more vehicle based travel than I have in the last few years.
Welcome To Overland Bound Carlo
A great resource close to you is Local Expert @OTH Overland
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR)
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY