Rank III

Pathfinder III

Kennesaw, Cobb County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Urfi
Member #

Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol
Hallo Paul
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Contributor III

Beebe, White County, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Koder
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kojo
Service Branch
US Army Veteran
Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)
Hallo Trent
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA
Welcome aboard from Virginia!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Paul and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Trent and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from across the big pond,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Trent, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service, I appreciate it deeply.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey OB crew. New here and new to overlanding. Just grabbed a 2007 FJ Cruiser, so I have a lot to learn from you. I'm in Knoxville, TN. I have more experience driving 911's than 4x4's, so this should be fun. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you here and out on the trail. Thanks for this community.

View attachment 253497View attachment 253498View attachment 253499View attachment 253500View attachment 253501View attachment 253502

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

a7adel

Rank I

Traveler III

Al Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Adel
Last Name
Almalki
Member #

Hello there,

my fj cruiser.JPG
1) Here is a picture of my rig.
2) Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3) Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I won't say I'm an experienced overlander, but I'm not a novice either. I have traveled all over Saudi Arabia and some Gulf countries in the last few years. Desert Exploration is my life and specialty. I love going where no one can go in the desert.
By the way, I speak Arabic as well as English. So Arab people, you can contact me in Arabic if you like.

SimpleMindedCitizen

Rank II

Contributor III

Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Donaldson
Member #

Hello from near Denver, CO. Lots of desert camping as a kid, Coast Guard, Kodiak, San Diego, WA south Fl (1980''s). Rig is a 2020 4Runner, C4 Lowpro front with a super winch, full skid plate, plenty of light, Cold Air Intake and Magnum exhaust for a little more air at altitude. Thanks for being here, plenty for me to learn here.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello from near Denver, CO. Lots of desert camping as a kid, Coast Guard, Kodiak, San Diego, WA south Fl (1980''s). Rig is a 2020 4Runner, C4 Lowpro front with a super winch, full skid plate, plenty of light, Cold Air Intake and Magnum exhaust for a little more air at altitude. Thanks for being here, plenty for me to learn here.
Hallo Tim
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello there,

View attachment 253750
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I won't say I'm an experienced overlander, but I'm not a novice either. I have traveled all over Saudi Arabia and some Gulf countries in the last few years. Desert Exploration is my life and specialty. I love going where no one can go in the desert.
By the way, I speak Arabic as well as English. So Arab people, you can contact me in Arabic if you like.
Hallo Adel
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Welcome to OB!!!

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Hello there,

View attachment 253750
Great picture!
Don't roll off the edge!

Welcome to OB

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Welcome to OB Paul, Don't get stuck in that Georgia clay!