Bedford, IN, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Hovious
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gmrs WRUP645
Hey OB crew. New here and new to overlanding. Just grabbed a 2007 FJ Cruiser, so I have a lot to learn from you. I'm in Knoxville, TN. I have more experience driving 911's than 4x4's, so this should be fun. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you here and out on the trail. Thanks for this community.

View attachment 253497View attachment 253498View attachment 253499View attachment 253500View attachment 253501View attachment 253502
Welcome! I’m a jeep guy but I’ve always liked FJ’s. Nice rig

Coryho86

Rank V

Advocate III

Bedford, IN, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Hovious
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gmrs WRUP645
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).
Welcome! I’m from Indiana, went to Shenandoah last fall for a week long camping trip. Also drove the blue ridge parkway. It’s beautiful there. You have a great home base area, and last years overland expo east was held in Virginia.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).
Hello Oliver, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
H
Hey OB crew. New here and new to overlanding. Just grabbed a 2007 FJ Cruiser, so I have a lot to learn from you. I'm in Knoxville, TN. I have more experience driving 911's than 4x4's, so this should be fun. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you here and out on the trail. Thanks for this community.

View attachment 253497View attachment 253498View attachment 253499View attachment 253500View attachment 253501View attachment 253502
Hello Chuck, welcome to Overland Bound.

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Welcome to the crew Oliver!!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Greeting to all; I don’t know if I introduced myself or if went through or what, so I will do it again. I am Dan have 2021 gladiator eco diesel, 4:56 gears air lockers and 37s, roofnest RTT and ready to go. I drive my rig daily and trail ride every chance, rocks, whatever I can climb or go through I will try…lol
Welcome fellow jeeper!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello! I am an active duty Army recruiter based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. I have been all over the country and parts of the world. I love to overland, hike, & camp. I run a group here in Indy by the name of “Indy Overlanders.” Happy to be here!
Welcome!!!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo chuck
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Oliver
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greeting to all; I don’t know if I introduced myself or if went through or what, so I will do it again. I am Dan have 2021 gladiator eco diesel, 4:56 gears air lockers and 37s, roofnest RTT and ready to go. I drive my rig daily and trail ride every chance, rocks, whatever I can climb or go through I will try…lol
Hallo Daniel
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Daniel and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi folks. I'm Chris. Recently I picked up an 89 Isuzu Trooper I've been building out into an orv. I'm new to overlanding and located in Nothern WA. Cheers!
Hi Chris,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Oliver and welcome to Overland Bound!

Geetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Great FJ. They are very rare over here.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Grtful4

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Kennesaw, Cobb County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Urfi
Member #

Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey y'all, Paul from North Georgia here. I was really glad to find this group and I'm excited to get back out there. I recently made the move back to the truck world when I acquired a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. I originally purchased it to haul my fishing kayak since some of the spots I go to are off the beaten path as they say but I've found that I really enjoy the off roading aspect. I'm looking forward to meeting some new folks and actually using all the capabilities of this machine. I can already tell I'm heading down the rabbit hole lol
Hallo Paul
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N