Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hello All Overlanders,

This is very exciting to be apart of such a great community, Thank You Michael(0000).

My first 4x4 (Overlanding) experience was with my dad as a kid and his 1976 Jeep CJ-5. Growing up, I never really did any overloading or 4x4'ing, just "camping".

My first 4x4 purchase was a 1992 Jeep YJ in 2009, and I still have it today.

In November of 2022, I purchased a 2014 JKU which is in the shop now getting new axles, lift kit, tires, and so on.

Can't wait to get out and start Overlanding and seeing the sights. Hopefully, I will see some of you out there.

1) My Rig:
View attachment 253361
2) Napa, CA
3) 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport (but, upgraded to be better than a Rubicon) Named: TrlMixx
4) I'm between Novice and Experienced. I know some stuff, but need more experience (training) for sure.

Thank You

KRAMER
@trlmixx
Hey Richard, thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to Overland Bound from Concord (East Bay)!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Greeting to all; I don’t know if I introduced myself or if went through or what, so I will do it again. I am Dan have 2021 gladiator eco diesel, 4:56 gears air lockers and 37s, roofnest RTT and ready to go. I drive my rig daily and trail ride every chance, rocks, whatever I can climb or go through I will try…lol
Hey Daniel, thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California! Sounds like you have a fun rig for both daily driving and off-road adventures!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! My name is Cole, i have followed this community for a good while now and now finally becoming a member. I frequently go offroading/overlanding in my 1991 FJ80 “The Onion” and i am a professional mechanic specializing in wiring, older and obscure fuel injection, and fabrication. Thank you!
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! I am an active duty Army recruiter based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. I have been all over the country and parts of the world. I love to overland, hike, & camp. I run a group here in Indy by the name of “Indy Overlanders.” Happy to be here!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All Overlanders,

This is very exciting to be apart of such a great community, Thank You Michael(0000).

My first 4x4 (Overlanding) experience was with my dad as a kid and his 1976 Jeep CJ-5. Growing up, I never really did any overloading or 4x4'ing, just "camping".

My first 4x4 purchase was a 1992 Jeep YJ in 2009, and I still have it today.

In November of 2022, I purchased a 2014 JKU which is in the shop now getting new axles, lift kit, tires, and so on.

Can't wait to get out and start Overlanding and seeing the sights. Hopefully, I will see some of you out there.

1) My Rig:
View attachment 253361
2) Napa, CA
3) 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport (but, upgraded to be better than a Rubicon) Named: TrlMixx
4) I'm between Novice and Experienced. I know some stuff, but need more experience (training) for sure.

Thank You

KRAMER
@trlmixx

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greeting to all; I don’t know if I introduced myself or if went through or what, so I will do it again. I am Dan have 2021 gladiator eco diesel, 4:56 gears air lockers and 37s, roofnest RTT and ready to go. I drive my rig daily and trail ride every chance, rocks, whatever I can climb or go through I will try…lol

Oliver_29d3c7

Rank II

Enthusiast II

First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Kanervikkoaho
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello everyone. Oliver from Virginia here. My rig is a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. It is my daily driver so I don't do too many of the really challenging trails but I'll do some that are not the easiest. When it comes to going off road "local" for me is up to about four hours one way to get to a trail head. I'm in the Richmond area so this includes some of West Virginia, Maryland and possibly into Pennsylvania. I'm still building out my kit to enjoy some overnight trips. Hopefully I can get the gear I need by early summer '23.

The only group I have gone off roading with so far has been with the monthly meet up for Rigs and Coffee meet up with Terra Overland in McGaheysville, VA (38.374729, -78.731915).
Welcome to Overland Bound

CJMorris

Rank III

Contributor III

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Hey OB crew. New here and new to overlanding. Just grabbed a 2007 FJ Cruiser, so I have a lot to learn from you. I'm in Knoxville, TN. I have more experience driving 911's than 4x4's, so this should be fun. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you here and out on the trail. Thanks for this community.

IMG_3147.jpegIMG_0519.jpegIMG_3067.jpegIMG_3066.jpegIMG_3060.jpegIMG_3059.jpeg

Blu12T

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Clovis, California, United States
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Linares
Member #

Oliver, Welcome to OB from California. There is a wealth of information here from great outdoor and wheeling fans that are really helpful.

Blu12T

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Clovis, California, United States
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Linares
Member #

Hey OB crew. New here and new to overlanding. Just grabbed a 2007 FJ Cruiser, so I have a lot to learn from you. I'm in Knoxville, TN. I have more experience driving 911's than 4x4's, so this should be fun. ;) Looking forward to meeting some of you here and out on the trail. Thanks for this community.

View attachment 253497View attachment 253498View attachment 253499View attachment 253500View attachment 253501View attachment 253502
CJ, Welcome to the OB community. You came to the right place. Check out the meet ups in your area to meet OB members in your area and plan on some trips. There is great info here to getting started and upgrading your rig the way you want it.

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA

View attachment 253497View attachment 253498View attachment 253499View attachment 253500View attachment 253501View attachment 253502
Welcome aboard from Virginia!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hi folks. I'm Chris. Recently I picked up an 89 Isuzu Trooper I've been building out into an orv. I'm new to overlanding and located in Nothern WA. Cheers!
Hey Chris, welcome to Overland Bound (and overlanding) from Northern California!