Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi there. Christoph from Vista, Ca here. Originally from Germany, but in the US since 1998.

View attachment 250280

The picture is a bit outdated (suspension upgrade and tires/wheels) , but I am sure I will have more opportunities to share the upgrades. I am sure it will give you an idea of what I am doing. lol

2) Location: Vista, Ca (just 45 minutes north of San Diego)

3) Rig: 2022 Ford F250 Tremor 7.3 L Godzilla engine

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not much. Watched a few videos (well, make that a lot of videos). Drove a tank professionally in the army (1988/1989) and there was a lot of off-roading involved. Been on a couple of offroad day trips in the last 6-8 months, but that is it. A lot to learn.

Last year was a bit crazy for me, but I ended up buying a 2022 Ford F250 Super Duty Tremor in August. I am turning this into an expedition vehicle for long-term, full-time travel. My goal is to travel offroad as much as possible and take this monster all across the US, Canada, Middle and South America, New Zealand, Australia, and who knows where else. I have an offroad capable slide-in camper on order. I am able to work remotely 100%.

This year my son will finish high school and head off to college. Since it is only the dog and me, why should I be stationary?! Planning to start traveling the US and Canada for the first 2 years and then work my way from Alaska all the way down to the bottom of Argentina.

The Rig: I upgraded the truck with an air compressor, offroad lights, Winch, Carli Pintop Suspension lift, and replaced the 35s tires with 37s. Still quite a few upgrades planned. The camper will be ready in August or so. It is an off-road capable camper (Supertramp campers).

Until the camper comes, I am trying to go off-roading more to learn the lay of the land (off-roading) so to speak. I am concerned about my 9 year-old Yellow Lab dog (Shelby) and how she will handle the change. Been training her to be more in the truck. Been taking her to the local parks so that she starts associating driving with cool stuff. She is very skittish, so I am hoping she gets used to it.

Anyway, now you know most of who I am. Looking forward to meet and connect others out on the trails or even locally. Thanks for having me here.
Welcome to Overland Bound from Ohio. Great to see another full size overlanding rig. I've been using my F350 for the last 6 years and it's been great. Your future trip sounds really exciting, looking forward to hearing all about it...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I have a new to me 16 4runner SR5. I’m from Oswego NY. Love being outdoors. Been camping for years just starting to get into the overland scene.
Welcome To Overland Bound. Just down the street in NE Ohio. Hope to see you on the trails...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Greetings,
My wife and I have recently upgraded out Tacoma to be an overlanding vehicle, we were bitten by the bug in the summer of 2022 when we were able to rent an overlanding vehicle in Alaska and traveled 10 days through Denali, Arctic Circle, Valdez and points in between. It was our 2nd trip to AK but the first was 17 days in a tent.
It's not our first rodeo however, we have been backpacking, hiking, climbing, camping as I grew up on the doorstep of RMNP and lived in a nearby mountain town for years.
We are new to overlanding and looking towards retirement soon. We are both in medicine.View attachment 250296
Welcome to OB. Your Alaska adventure sounds amazing, it's on our bucket list. Semper Fi...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
My 17 Tacoma, I'm from a town in the northern panhandle of West Virginia called Wellsburg. Just starting to get into the overlanding and camping scene. Looking forward to learning from everyone and possibly meeting a few of you.
Welcome to Overland Bound. I'm up in the Youngstown area. My family is originally (1800's) from the Wellsburg-Short Creek-Stubenville locations.

I'm sure we will see each other out on the trails as there are quite a few events through the year in this area...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Stumbled across this forum while researching the SwitchPros and the sPOD auxiliary switches. Figured I’d stick around.

Rig: ‘22 Jeep JT Mojave
Experience: Novice and looking forward to learning experiencesView attachment 250361
Welcome to Overland Bound. Love the blackout . Lots to learn here. Enjoy the adventure...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey yall,

I am new to the group and looking to get out and make memories while adventuring all over.
I just picked up a 2002 Excursion that I will be building out for my overland rig.
I have camped all my life but the idea of over landing is fairly new.
View attachment 250394
Welcome to Overland Bound. Love the rig and I'm certainly a fan of full size overlanding. Looking forward to the build out...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
What's up everyone. My name is Eddie. I have my 3rd 4runner and for the first time, i want to build it up. Got some stuff ordered already. Building it for overlanding specifically! Can't wait for this journey. Definitely a newbie, want to learn. Can't wait to meet some local peeps! Northern California, Rocklin area.
Welcome to Overland Bound From Ohio...

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi from BC, Canada. Just bought an old Disco 1 for cheap. Having fun repairing and completely servicing it myself. Learning as I go.

Suspension upgrades are up next and a nice big roof rack. Hope to be able to camp remotely in it very soon.

Wish me luck!
Welcome to Overland Bound. Good luck with the build and enjoy the adventure...

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Picture: See attached
Rig: 2006 4runner 4x4 sr5 4.7L
Experience: Desert trails, beach trails, forest trails, fire trails, and truck trails. 3 day max trips. Solo/coop camping. I dislike dunes.
Greetings Yeng, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey yall,

I am new to the group and looking to get out and make memories while adventuring all over.
I just picked up a 2002 Excursion that I will be building out for my overland rig.
View attachment 250394
Greetings Kris, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
What's up everyone. My name is Eddie. I have my 3rd 4runner and for the first time, i want to build it up. Got some stuff ordered already. Building it for overlanding specifically! Can't wait for this journey. Definitely a newbie, want to learn. Can't wait to meet some local peeps! Northern California, Rocklin area.
Greetings Eddie, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all! Excited to find this community!

Location - Albuquerque, NM
Rig - 2011 Kia Sorento AWD (no mods, just a roof top carrier and hitch basket). Nothing fancy, but gets us where we want to go.
Overlanding Experience - still would say a novice. We started car camping in 2017 with our then 4 year old. Started with developed campgrounds in National/State parks. Made some friends who opened us up to the world of dispersed camping, and we mostly do that now. Trips are now almost exclusively camping off forest roads in National Forests or on BLM land.

View attachment 250514
Greetings Mark, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi from BC, Canada. Just bought an old Disco 1 for cheap. Having fun repairing and completely servicing it myself. Learning as I go.

Suspension upgrades are up next and a nice big roof rack. Hope to be able to camp remotely in it very soon.

Wish me luck!
Greetings Andrei, welcome to Overland Bound!

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Looks good! Head out to Anza much? It's one of my favorite places, and close to SD.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey yall,

View attachment 250394
Hello Kris. Welcome to the OB community. Good looking Excursion. I'm partial to full size rigs since I drive a 3/4 ton Silverado.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
My 17 Tacoma, I'm from a town in the northern panhandle of West Virginia called Wellsburg. Just starting to get into the overlanding and camping scene. Looking forward to learning from everyone and possibly meeting a few of you.
Hello Kyle. Welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
John from Wilmington, NC. I recently aqcuired a 03 GX470. Pretty fresh a overlanding in a 4 wheeled vehicles but have more experience on motorcycles.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. SouthEast (AR LA MS KY TN AL NC SC GA FL)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com